Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Go down 
+7
Baal
zeik2012
Kimarous
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:24 am

I might be the only one here to play the Sky Dive challenge in Spidey 3, they took those and made them a speed fall challenge in the 2099 dimension, I love those challenges, so I consider 2099 is another great thing aside from NOIR's stealth in the new game, and aside from this new one being the only game in years to have a great Spidey voice, or rather great Spidey voices
I actually like the voice of Maguire, don't kill me for that
Baal wrote:
Spider-Man (PS2) had the exact same shit from the PS1 games, Spider-Man 2's combat was very lackluster, Friend or Foe was ehhhhh, and Spider-Man is the coup de grace of crap gameplay.
Crap? Amazing and fun gameplay, Spidey 2 is the only one with the ability to hang from choppers

Quote :
Web of Shadows was the first Spider-Man game in years that was actually fun to play and Shattered Dimensions finally made it the best gameplay in the series by giving enough things to do with combos and webs.
"Web of Shadows" is the first creepy game since the animated series game on the Genesis, the only thing in swinging it improves from Spider-Man 3 is the swing kick, rather than that, it just seems to cover more distance cause the scale in WoS is larger than the ones before it, around 1.5-twice the size
Spider-Man 3 rules (I play an almost glitch free version, the glitches are funny and harmless, and it is the FIRST NON-BUTTON-MASHING-MOST-VARIED-COMBAT-IN-A-SPIDEY-GAME. And the greatest OST's in a spidey game, period)
I plan to make it even better, I have it on PC so it is possible to be hacked (I have a version I bought, it's the only one of 2 PC games I purchased and always loved), clean it from glitches, add extra characters, change Spidey voice, improve the swing kick
But I have quite a long way to go before being able to do what I plan
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:09 am

You know what? I'll ignore all my fears about this game and get myself a copy for PC, afterall, this one is a major improvement to "Web of Shit & Sorrow (but not Sora)"
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:10 am

Quote :
Spidey 2 is the only one with the ability to hang from choppers

Well fuck me, game of the year.

Quote :
creepy

What?

Quote :
the only thing in swinging it improves from Spider-Man 3 is the swing kick

Swinging is not a big part of gameplay so it does not fucking matter. It's only used to get your ass from place to place and Web of Shadows' open world padded the game immensely which is bad. But that was more to do with the actual story than gameplay.

Quote :
Spider-Man 3 rules

No it was pretty shit, even the PS3 version.

Quote :
And the greatest OST's in a spidey game, period

Actually Shattered Dimension's music blasts that out of the water too, mainly because most of the tracks had actual work put in them to give a feel for the bosses and levels.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Baal wrote:
Quote :

No one pushes you over 50 feet behind with the slightest hit, and you're always in camera view
Fighting is smooth, not the 177 attacks to beat the boss
Fun other activities, not all is fighting
Spider-Man has a good voice

Quote :
Quote :
the only thing in swinging it improves from Spider-Man 3 is the swing kick

Swinging is not a big part of gameplay so it does not fucking matter. It's only used to get your ass from place to place and Web of Shadows' open world padded the game immensely which is bad. But that was more to do with the actual story than gameplay.
Swinging is one of the most important aspects, I always play Spider-Man mainly to have fun swinging

Quote :
Quote :
Spider-Man 3 rules

No it was pretty shit, even the PS3 version.
"Web of Shit" is SHIT
SM3 is good and overly hated on the PS2. The PC port of the PS3 version doesn't stink, best in gameplay, only glitches are funny harmless ones

Quote :
Quote :
And the greatest OST's in a spidey game, period

Actually Shattered Dimension's music blasts that out of the water too, mainly because most of the tracks had actual work put in them to give a feel for the bosses and levels.
[/quote]Spidey 3 have great OST for every part of the game, and they are great to listen to outside. "Shattered Dimesnions" audio isn't as fun
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Miyamoto Musashi wrote:
Baal wrote:
Quote :

No one pushes you over 50 feet behind with the slightest hit, and you're always in camera view
I've said this a few times a game is not bad if your not good at it. The fact the pc version does not have controller support is hardly the games fault this game was not meant to be played on a keyboard.

Spidey 3 had terrible swinging and IIRC you couldn't even shoot web properly in combat. Spidey 3 was not funny. Shattered even from clips has already shown its way funnier.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
I've said this a few times a game is not bad if your not good at it. The fact the pc version does not have controller support is hardly the games fault this game was not meant to be played on a keyboard
Because I'm bad in the game the slightest hit tosses Spider-Man easily over 50 feet away? And even the leveled up specials don't give the boss much more significant damage? And gamepad doesn't work on it? Or the camera being more of a jerk than being described in SM3? No, those mean the game itself is bad, maybe on the PS3 it is not such a piece of shit that it deserves less bashing, but it still is too repetitive and stale

Quote :
Spidey 3 had terrible swinging and IIRC you couldn't even shoot web properly in combat. Spidey 3 was not funny
Swinging in that game is fun, it might feel bad only because WoS sizes are scaled up significantly, I can still swing fast, cover same distance in swinging and jumping as in WoS, and move from ground up away easy enough, the line feels elastic as the guy made it in comics
I play it on PC, it is not as bad as people describe it, maybe cause the PC port is actually far less glitchier and no where near as bad as the console port, but he shoots web properly to tie foes or hit them with web balls
I found his jokes funny, they are way better than the line he repeated in both games before it: "Let me introduce you to..MY FIST", at least he is funny in the Scorpion missions
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:23 pm

i think i was knocked back maybe like once in a boss fight. Controller support does not make a game bad. Thats what happens when you buy games for PC you have to deal with those kinds of issues and are you sure its not just your controller.

Spidey 3 web swinging was awful compared to 2 i barely noticed any difference between WoS and SM3 swinging, and WoS wasn't even swinging focused.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:47 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
i think i was knocked back maybe like once in a boss fight. Controller support does not make a game bad. Thats what happens when you buy games for PC you have to deal with those kinds of issues and are you sure its not just your controller.
I got so many games for the PC, they all work fine, the controller works fine on them all, except for WoS, all of the PC ports of PS3 games are less glitchier than their console counterparts, unless maybe WoS is too glitchy
I had difficult times with every game I played before I get used to it, WoS is very easy even with its faults, but it is too faulty it irks me hard how people compliment as a great Spidey game, the greatest in a long time, it has fun things done in it, and I actually love playing with my keyboard, that wasn't much of an issue not being able to play it using a gamepad, the game is too hideous, too repetitive, nearly as repetitive as "Friend or Foe", but it is much longer, and you can't play as any of the other heroes, only play as a trusting idiot who who trusts everyone fighting him and take orders from them, the story is one long middle finger, it's worse than that OMIT shit
How many times do I have to say controller support has nothing to do with game faults?

Quote :
Spidey 3 web swinging was awful compared to 2
They were almost the same, except for the improvement in SM3 with the dual swinging. Once again, I play it on PC, a fellow member on crawlspace acknowledged the PC port being far superior to the faulty PS3 port
Quote :
i barely noticed any difference between WoS and SM3 swinging, and WoS wasn't even swinging focused.
Swinging is important in every Spidey game, and WoS is a sandbox
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:49 pm

Quote :

You sucking at Web of Shadows does not make the other game good.

Quote :

You do realize variety in a move list is widely considered to be a good thing, right? Web of Shadows had variety in switching both costumes and using their respective moves, the movie games had nothing for variety in terms of those aspects.

Quote :

When you buy an action game you are not buying it to deliver pizza's and drag Mary Jane's ass around the city, you are buying it to kick some ass. While extra's are nice, GO FROM POINT A TO POINT B IN ALLOTTED AMOUNT OF TIME is one of the most boring, monotonous and tried side-missions of all time. Even fucking Ultimate Spider-Man gave you some races against Johnny Storm to do.

Quote :

If you think Tobey Macguire has ever been a good Spider-Man voice you need to reevaluate your standards for voice-acting because he's only been a good live-action actor for Spidey, not voice. His voice carries about as much snark and emotional depth as a brick. Web of Shadows' voice isn't any better but at least it provides some entertainment.

Quote :
Swinging is one of the most important aspects, I always play Spider-Man mainly to have fun swinging

No, it is not. This is the problem with sandbox Spidey games, people are so up their asses about the web-swinging they think it's necessary for it to be a good Spidey game, it isn't. The fucking PS1 games had very little necessity for Web-Swinging aside from getting you across gaps and they are widely regarded as the best Spider-Man games ever made.

Quote :
"Web of Shit" is SHIT

Ooh, aren't we clever? Well not really because you actually think Web of Shadows is a bad game when it's really rather decent. Especially when you compare it to the movie games, then it's the fucking messiah of Spidey games with the PS1 games being Jesus and Shattered Dimensions being God.

Quote :
Because I'm bad in the game the slightest hit tosses Spider-Man easily over 50 feet away?

This only happens with bosses and even then you have to be some sort of idiot to let the boss wail on you.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Quote :
you can't play as any of the other heroes

Oh no, I can't play as any other heroes besides Spider-Man in a Spider-Man game?

God you're retarded.

Quote :
it's worse than that OMIT shit

Okay, conversation done. I knew you were retarded, but if you actually think THIS game's story is worse than the one that is widely hated even by people who aren't fans of Spider-Man then you are some sort of retard.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Baal wrote:
You sucking at Web of Shadows does not make the other game good.
With the fugly flaws, I defeated this shit more than once

Quote :
You do realize variety in a move list is widely considered to be a good thing, right? Web of Shadows had variety in switching both costumes and using their respective moves, the movie games had nothing for variety in terms of those aspects.
Even with that feature being used with all upgrades and reached level 10, the same shit still happens

Quote :
When you buy an action game you are not buying it to deliver pizza's and drag Mary Jane's ass around the city, you are buying it to kick some ass. While extra's are nice, GO FROM POINT A TO POINT B IN ALLOTTED AMOUNT OF TIME is one of the most boring, monotonous and tried side-missions of all time. Even fucking Ultimate Spider-Man gave you some races against Johnny Storm to do.
Resident Evil is a horror game series, you don't fight monsters and do nothing else, there are puzzles to be solved
Deactivating bombs is fun and easy, swimming is enjoyable, breaking open a safe and lifting rubble is better than breaking something you don't need to break later after you fix to enter the same location
Quote :
If you think Tobey Macguire has ever been a good Spider-Man voice you need to reevaluate your standards for voice-acting because he's only been a good live-action actor for Spidey, not voice. His voice carries about as much snark and emotional depth as a brick. Web of Shadows' voice isn't any better but at least it provides some entertainment.
He is a good voice for Spidey, not for Pete

Quote :
No, it is not. This is the problem with sandbox Spidey games, people are so up their asses about the web-swinging they think it's necessary for it to be a good Spidey game, it isn't. The fucking PS1 games had very little necessity for Web-Swinging aside from getting you across gaps and they are widely regarded as the best Spider-Man games ever made.
It is to me, I loved the feel of swinging in any kind of Spidey game, even the PS1 had swinging good for its time, not as slow as shit like the first movie game
Quote :
Ooh, aren't we clever? Well not really because you actually think Web of Shadows is a bad game when it's really rather decent. Especially when you compare it to the movie games, then it's the fucking messiah of Spidey games with the PS1 games being Jesus and Shattered Dimensions being God.
Except for the first movie game, it is a disaster, the movie games did more justice for the character, they did a well mix between the movie plots and his mythos, and some of his abilities, WoS is an insult

Quote :
This only happens with bosses and even then you have to be some sort of idiot to let the boss wail on you.
It happens with every motherfucking thug, not just bosses, every motherfucking S.o.B I fucking fight, the bosses can't hit me like an army of thugs do, they can't touch me in comparison
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Baal wrote:
Oh no, I can't play as any other heroes besides Spider-Man in a Spider-Man game?

God you're retarded.
What's the use of them giving me orders then stand like statues? That was and still is fun in FoF

Quote :
Okay, conversation done. I knew you were retarded, but if you actually think THIS game's story is worse than the one that is widely hated even by people who aren't fans of Spider-Man then you are some sort of retard.
I'm not retarded, I'm not a fan of O.M.I.T, but WoS is grieving nonsense, loving it is retard
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Quote :
Even with that feature being used with all upgrades and reached level 10, the same shit still happens

Wow, you really have no idea what I am talking about, do you?

Quote :
Resident Evil is a horror game series, you don't fight monsters and do nothing else, there are puzzles to be solved

A survival horror game has puzzles? Gee, that's only as formulaic as platformers having platforms to jump on. Have side-missions is not formula for actions games. Some have them, some don't. Side-missions are more standard for RPG's than anything else.

Quote :
Deactivating bombs is fun and easy,

And gets very monotonous very quickly.

Quote :
swimming is enjoyable

That is not a side-mission that is a fucking game mechanic. One only there for if you accidentally fuck up and hit the water so you don't immediately die.

Quote :
breaking open a safe and lifting rubble is better than breaking something you don't need to break later after you fix to enter the same location

Except once again, it all gets too monotonous all too quickly. That's the problem with side-missions in those games. Sure it's fun the first few times, but after you're doing it again and again and again it gets boring as shit. At least the races provided something new when Johnny would fake you out sometimes and blast you out of the sky.

Quote :
He is a good voice for Spidey, not for Pete

And it is official, you know nothing of what makes a good Spider-Man voice, surprise, surprise.

Quote :
It is to me, I loved the feel of swinging in any kind of Spidey game, even the PS1 had swinging good for its time, not as slow as shit like the first movie game

As someone who just recently played the PS1 game again, I can tell you. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN SLOW. Only in Spider-Man 2 was the swinging finally good and then it disappeared from being good at all after that.

Quote :
Except for the first movie game, it is a disaster, the movie games did more justice for the character, they did a well mix between the movie plots and his mythos, and some of his abilities, WoS is an insult

You're an idiot, seriously. None of the villains were done justice at all except for the main villains. The Lizard and Rhino being some of the more staggering examples. At least WoS got most of its villains right save Venom.

Quote :
It happens with every motherfucking thug, not just bosses, every motherfucking S.o.B I fucking fight, the bosses can't hit me like an army of thugs do, they can't touch me in comparison

Wow, you do suck at these games then. I remember them sending me a few feet when I was in the air, that was it. You have to suck something fierce to be knocked across the screen by regular thugs.

Quote :
What's the use of them giving me orders then stand like statues? That was and still is fun in FoF

Except they don't? The 20 times I commanded Wolverine to go after the symbiotes, he went after them. The several times I commanded Electro to slap the shit out of some fliers, HE SLAPPED THE SHIT OUT OF THEM. And so on and so forth. I had no problem with commanding them whatsoever.

Quote :
I'm not retarded, I'm not a fan of O.M.I.T, but WoS is grieving nonsense, loving it is retard

The only thing about WoS that's inconsistent with the comics is Venom and even then it's a different medium, they're allowed to make their own take on the character. OMIT is inconsistent with so many things in the comics and is the ultimate middle finger to any Spidey fan.

You would know this if you weren't retarded and I don't call people retarded, so you have to be a special kind of idiot for me to call you this, which you have gloriously proven.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:30 pm

How about we all forget about what we said in the past and come down to one agreement. All Spider-Man games before SD sucked. =D

I mean come on guys, you're fighting over two very, admittedly, mediocre games. I personally prefer SM3 over WoS, but that's more because I totally fell for all the different crap you could do in it, but I guess that really doesn't it stop it from being a little lousy. Not to mention I still don't get why the hell the combat felt more clunky than SM2's and why they made swinging slow(thankfully not as slow as Ultimate Spidey's). And for WoS, well, yeah, that game had fun combat but damn was it an overall rushed game.

Now how about you two kiss, make love and enjoy SD together?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:32 pm

How about you fuck off and go back to pre-ordering SD?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:55 pm

SOK wrote:
How about we all forget about what we said in the past and come down to one agreement. All Spider-Man games before SD sucked. =D
I love most of them, Sm3 still is my favorite after finishing it more than 22 times, cause it feels and plays like Spider-Man should be
Quote :
I mean come on guys, you're fighting over two very, admittedly, mediocre games. I personally prefer SM3 over WoS, but that's more because I totally fell for all the different crap you could do in it, but I guess that really doesn't it stop it from being a little lousy. Not to mention I still don't get why the hell the combat felt more clunky than SM2's and why they made swinging slow(thankfully not as slow as Ultimate Spidey's). And for WoS, well, yeah, that game had fun combat but damn was it an overall rushed game.
What happened to the first P.o.V. saying "Spidey 3 is awesome"? Even in a gGodly copy, it still is not good? I hate the PS3, it truly has the largest amount of glitches (I've been told that by someone who owns all current home consoles)
I must be one of the few people in the world who actually hate only things that really deserve hating, and still manage to see the bright side of it (yeah, I still play WoS, cause it has some fun things in it)
Baal wrote:
How about you fuck off and go back to pre-ordering SD?
How do you pre-order something already released?
Have I said my confidence in SM:SD is growing? Well, it does, it feels a greater improvement to its predecessor, and "Dan Gilvezan" is easily a favorite, the voice that comes to my head most when I read Spidey comics
Sometimes I find NPH & RR to have quite similar voices at shooting some lines, other times I hear the difference in their voices
Does the Noir guy wisecrack in the second series? I don't remember him joking in the first mini, and I haven't read the second mini
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Quote :
How do you pre-order something already released?

You live in Australia where pre-order times are fucked.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:01 pm

Quote :
You live in Australia where pre-order times are fucked.
I forgot that fuck up
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:18 pm

Miyamoto Musashi wrote:
Quote :
Spidey 3 web swinging was awful compared to 2
They were almost the same, except for the improvement in SM3 with the dual swinging. Once again, I play it on PC, a fellow member on crawlspace acknowledged the PC port being far superior to the faulty PS3 port[
This is just an out and out lie you could dual swing and much more in Spidey 2, don't go hating on a game because you didn't put it on advanced swinging mode. This is also another testament that you suck at spiderman games liking the easiest one because its the easiest is completely different to it being better then the others. SM3 was critically panned for good reason it was shit.

Saying PS3 is the glitchiest console is the biggest bull ever. Your friend is an idiot. You also can't be that sharp to realise a glitchy game = glitchy software not the console. Go play uncharted 2... oh wait you can't its PS3 exclusive unlike 360 exclusives which are almost always on PC.

Anyway i don't care about you insulting games but console bashing is stupid take that to gamefaqs.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:41 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
This is just an out and out lie you could dual swing and much more in Spidey 2, don't go hating on a game because you didn't put it on advanced swinging mode. This is also another testament that you suck at spiderman games liking the easiest one because its the easiest is completely different to it being better then the others. SM3 was critically panned for good reason it was shit.
yeah, I played advanced swinging mode, dual swing there doesn't go all forward & backward
I finished all Spider-Man games I played, except for the one based on the animated series on the genesis & SNES, cause that one is too gross, so is SM3 on the NDS
I got info from a few console users, both PS3 & XBOX360, PS3 gets a bigger share of glitches, and the 360 gets a big share too
Maybe because the game was glitchy on consoles it was panned, for PC it was panned for the heavy requirements more than the bad frame rate or glitches, cause the game is not as glitchy on PC, far less glitches in it, therefore, the game is the best
If I preferred the easier games, I'd say FoF is the best, cause it is way too easy, and to prove you are wrong, I love Spider-Man 2 nearly as much as I do 3, SMWoS is crap cause it is crap, people are simple to revere it, too simple. I just recently started playing it, as in last month, and finished it twice in a row in 4 days, and I still don't like it as a huge Spidey geek softening up to a bad thing no matter how bad cause it is Spidey, I just yesterday started replaying WoS anew and finished half of it. Just a couple of weeks ago I started to play SM2, finally, I finished it 4 times with plenty of timeout, and still care to play it

I had a hard time with USM, with the PS1 games without cheats, with RE4 & RE5, Assassins Creed 1 & 2, I love all these games

Spidey3 took me the longest time to finish of all the Spidey games, it is great on PC, much better than the Godly copy Sora got for PS3, I love it so much I finished it maybe 24 times, cause it is plain fun, not as bad as the console versions, it got doctored for the PC (still has funny glitches)

Quote :
Saying PS3 is the glitchiest console is the biggest bull ever. Your friend is an idiot. You also can't be that sharp to realise a glitchy game = glitchy software not the console. Go play uncharted 2... oh wait you can't its PS3 exclusive unlike 360 exclusives which are almost always on PC.
It's hard to find PS3 systems that are not glitchy, you guys got lucky, or maybe we didn't? Nah, in several countries, people still have PS3 with more glitches the XBOX360 suffers from in gaming, and the PC when better in requirements to fill in the minimum requirements shit, it has less glitches than both of them, so don't bash someones post when he/she inform you about what is bad and what is good out of collecting info from other people who actually own the stuff and used it
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:37 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
This is just an out and out lie you could duel swing and much more in Spidey 2, don't go hating on a game because you didn't put it on advanced swinging mode. This is also another testament that you suck at spiderman games liking the easiest one because its the easiest is completely different to it being better then the others. SM3 was critically panned for good reason it was shit.

I think he's referring to how they actually improved the duel swinging, not that they actually added it. In SM2, you couldn't really dual swing(not to my recalling), it was essentially just used for slingshotting yourself when you use two webs, to shoot you across a decent distance. In SM3, they made it so you could actually swing through the city while using two web lines. It was sort of pointless though since it's not like it improved your speed or anything, it was just done to look cool.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:26 am

Miyamoto Musashi wrote:
I had a hard time with USM, with the PS1 games without cheats, with RE4 & RE5, Assassins Creed 1 & 2, I love all these games
Again all extremely easy games, friend or foe is basically a kids game. So i wouldn't expect an adult to like it all that much.

Quote :
Quote :
It's hard to find PS3 systems that are not glitchy, you guys got lucky, or maybe we didn't? Nah, in several countries, people still have PS3 with more glitches the XBOX360 suffers from in gaming, and the PC when better in requirements to fill in the minimum requirements shit, it has less glitches than both of them, so don't bash someones post when he/she inform you about what is bad and what is good out of collecting info from other people who actually own the stuff and used it
Again Software vs Hardware. If your that much of a PC gamer you should be aware of that. You are ignorant.

Also games that are ported from one console to another are better on the original console it was made for. I won't humour you on this topic further look things up, its better then getting your random mate who seems to be clueless.

In fact goto gf PS3 board and tell them your mate thinks PS3 is the glitchiest console this gen, and give your reasons I assure you you will be laughed at. Especially when RROD was such a big thing and I would consider a console hence hardware glitch.

SOK wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
This is just an out and out lie you could duel swing and much more in Spidey 2, don't go hating on a game because you didn't put it on advanced swinging mode. This is also another testament that you suck at spiderman games liking the easiest one because its the easiest is completely different to it being better then the others. SM3 was critically panned for good reason it was shit.

I think he's referring to how they actually improved the duel swinging, not that they actually added it. In SM2, you couldn't really dual swing(not to my recalling), it was essentially just used for slingshotting yourself when you use two webs, to shoot you across a decent distance. In SM3, they made it so you could actually swing through the city while using two web lines. It was sort of pointless though since it's not like it improved your speed or anything, it was just done to look cool.
You if you aimed your webbing appropriately, its just considerably faster to single swing and boost jump.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:39 pm

superbuu wrote:
Again all extremely easy games, friend or foe is basically a kids game. So i wouldn't expect an adult to like it all that much
To you they were since the start. "Assassins Creed 2" is much easier than the rest, I'll give you that, but I'm not in your level of expertise as a gamer

Sigh, I think we dragged this conversation for too long, enough with this shit, get back to discussing SMSD, like the title suggests. I just said I hope it won't be bad, then said I have hopes it won't be as bad as the game that bothered me the most, and then there came the fight of opinions

Who jokes the most of the four Spider-Men? Are the Ultimate comments the least repetitive?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:41 pm

I watched some enough videos to see what happens and have a clear vision of the game before I really get it, gameplay is basically on this pattern:
---Fight some No. of chronies
---Fight and beat the boss
---Fight more chronies after you follow the now defeated stage boss but empowered due to the tablet fragment
---Fight the powered up boss

I greatly enjoyed many games that are just beat 'em up, so maybe I will shut up about this being almost only thing fight and run

I have some issues with the story, they are:
---In the opening cinematic Spider-Man pulls the tablet from Mysterio to his own hands,in the next frame its beside Mysterio and he picks it up
---How the heck did news of the fragment spread so fast after less than one day in a manner that allowed Kraven the Hunter to buy it using the internet?

Some changes I have no problem with for this game:
---Kraven using a sniper rifle to hit Spider-Man with
---Deadpool being a funny villain instead of the gritty villain he is in USM, and that is a change I love

At least the story isn't all that crap, have some bad plot holes, but not crap level bad. Since I already had enough of the jokes in the game, I'll make sure to mute the volume level down in every stage that is not in USM universe
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Quote :
---In the opening cinematic Spider-Man pulls the tablet from Mysterio to his own hands,in the next frame its beside Mysterio and he picks it up

No he doesn't, he pulls it out of Mysterio's hands and you can clearly see it laying on the ground next to him afterwards. Then Mysterio starts firing bombs at him then there's about a few seconds of Spidey swinging around the place then you can see in the last swing where Mysterio makes his way to the tablet.

Quote :
---How the heck did news of the fragment spread so fast after less than one day in a manner that allowed Kraven the Hunter to buy it using the internet?

We're never given any time period for how long it's been since the tablet was broken, for all we know it could've been a few days since it happened.

Quote :
Some changes I have no problem with for this game:

Then why are you stating them like that? Why don't you just say "things I saw that I liked a lot"?

Quote :
have some bad plot holes

There's really not any plot holes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next