Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dante's Inferno

Go down 
+10
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaede
Superbuu3
Haseoviawesome
Baal
Skip
Rockstar_Sinistar
Maskull
Kimarous
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:52 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It is pretty generic. It's just the premise and visuals that make it interesting.
BUT MOOSE DON'T WE DESERVE MOOOOOOOOOOOORE

seriously though i want some cool original looking games to come out soon
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:16 am

Your Bro wrote:
Skip wrote:
The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Eigth Level of Hell - the Malebolge!
Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
LevelScore
Purgatory (Repenting Believers)Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)Very Low
Level 2 (Lustful)High
Level 3 (Gluttonous)Moderate
Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)Very High
Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)Very High
Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)High
Level 7 (Violent)Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)Very High
Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)High

Take the Dante Inferno Hell Test

Many and varied sinners suffer eternally in the multi-leveled Malebolge, an ampitheatre-shapped pit of despair Wholly of stone and of an iron colour: Those guilty of fraudulence and malice; the seducers and pimps, who are whipped by horned demons; the hypocrites, who struggle to walk in lead-lined cloaks; the barraters, who are ducked in boiling pitch by demons known as the Malebranche. The simonists, wedged into stone holes, and whose feet are licked by flames, kick and writhe desperately. The magicians, diviners, fortune tellers, and panderers are all here, as are the thieves. Some wallow in human excrement. Serpents writhe and wrap around men, sometimes fusing into each other. Bodies are torn apart. When you arrive, you will want to put your hands over your ears because of the lamentations of the sinners here, who are afflicted with scabs like leprosy, and lay sick on the ground, furiously scratching their skin off with their nails. Indeed, justice divine doth smite them with its hammer.

awesome, we're going to burn in hell for all eternity. we can be roommates!
rofl level 8 is where shit happens.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:21 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It is pretty generic. It's just the premise and visuals that make it interesting.

Eh, you can't expect much from the hack'n'slash genre. Especially when the biggest names in said genre seem to be the most boring. Well, GoW and NGS anyway, DMC is alright. I played the first DMC quite a bit, but that's it. Bayonetta's the most fun game of it's type that I've played, and Dante's Inferno, although it plays the same, is at least more interesting than GoW.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:31 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

Eh, you can't expect much from the hack'n'slash genre. Especially when the biggest names in said genre seem to be the most boring. Well, GoW and NGS anyway, DMC is alright. I played the first DMC quite a bit, but that's it. Bayonetta's the most fun game of it's type that I've played, and Dante's Inferno, although it plays the same, is at least more interesting than GoW.

I thought NGS was awesome
the weapon variety being one of the biggest pluses as well as 4 playable characters and online co-op

either way yakuza 3 will beat them all
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:32 am

Yeah, Yakuza 3 seemed like it could be a lot of fun if I knew what the hell I was doing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:34 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Yeah, Yakuza 3 seemed like it could be a lot of fun if I knew what the hell I was doing.
i'll put up a full review when i get it

i know the story will be crap because its arehash but yakuza 4 is in development already
the main perks are the fighting engine overhaul and seamless exploration to battlle

the combat is kick ass and will just get better as the game goes on
i always found the side missions entertaining to
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Didn't like this very much. Much preferred Bayonetta.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Probably due to a power chick
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Baal wrote:
FURTHER PROOF THAT GOD OF WAR STOPPED BEING GOOD AFTER GOD OF WAR 1.

GoW2 was still a good game, it just wasn't as good as the first. GoW3 feels like more of the same, and in basic gameplay terms is more or less identical to the PSP game. I played the demo of this for a while, and it got boring pretty quickly. I like a little flair in this genre, which is probably why I prefer DMC to GoW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:42 pm

Baal wrote:
DMC took itself seriously and created much narm hilarity, DMC2 did and failed horribly, finally the developers realized what people loved and made DMC 3 & 4 cliche ridden, but hilariously handled cliche's along with over the top action and sexy gameplay.

Basically DMC 3 & 4 are Bruce Campbell styled action movie-like games.

He thinks that they actually made it cliche and poorly written on purpose. Hahaha, oh wow you're fucking delusional.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Probably due to a power chick
No, Bayonetta just flowed a lot better, and I didn't have to turn off the sound due to a mix of the game's annoying noise and the TV's crappy settings.

And I actually had combos in Bayonetta, that helped a lot. In Dante's Inferno you only have a couple.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 7:17 pm

That's because Dante's Inferno just has the boring light/heavy attack system.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 8:52 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
That's because Dante's Inferno just has the boring light/heavy attack system.
Exactly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:17 pm

DI's gameplay looks unimpressive as hell.

I don't see how it mimics GoW because all Dante does is hack across or jump up hack across.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:24 am

One word, Casual.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:37 am

Kimarous wrote:
Tried out the demo today... and boy, was I surprised. I usually don't care that much for action/adventure hack'n'slashers. Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta didn't appeal to me in the slightest. I wasn't that big on God of War, and even Force Unleashed had it's fair chunk of "meh". Dante's Inferno, though... well, pardon the pun, but HELL YEAH!

I don't know why I like this one so much. Maybe it's the story, or the visual design, or the wielding of Death's scythe, or the Christian aesthetic, or the titties, or the "punish/absolve" options when finishing enemies. Whatever it is, I really, really like this game. If I can get this game into my house, I'm totally adding it to my library.

damn this game is fun
i much preferred this to bayonetta
the combat system was way more fun and left you feeling invincible
the hordes of enemies made this entertaining to
the bigget flaw would probably be that it felt easy although i think bayonetta was easier then this anyway due to that witch time thing

story seems intereating to, i heard ppl say the combat was bland but by the looks of things there is a lot to upgrade so i can see it being fun
not sure if its worth buying though i'll ait for a price drop most likely
another big factor is if the punish and absolve ends up breaaking combat flow if you need to do it a lot to actually unlock all movews before the end of the game
this won't be a problem if it has a new game + option though
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:40 am

Just finished downloading this.

I'll play it tomorrow and see what I think of it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:46 am

the biggest downside to this game is if there isn't more weapons

looking at the combo list i get the impression you only have the starting weapon

i heard a lot of ppl complain its a god of war clone
i can see why but its a very good one, so i don't see that being an issue
i haven't played the gow3 demo though so this might be shit compared to that
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:15 pm

The story seems interesting, but I wouldn't want to play through it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:21 am

Nice to see someone could take as brilliant as Dante's Inferno and make a boring, repetitive and most likely cliche titfest that makes me appreciate God of War.

Seriously, what the hell is this? The gameplay is so dull, how come Dante can kill death simply because he dodged a bunch of his attacks wacked him with a sword that Death shouldn't be able to be hit by? WHo thought it was a good idea to make Death a coward and beg for his "Life"?

And what's with all of the tits? I know God of War had them, but I just finished the start of the game and there were more tits in just that than the first God of War.

TL;DR: This is basically God of War with more repetitive gameplay and Christian edition.

AND JUST WATCH SATAN BE THE BIG BAD.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:32 am

Baal wrote:
Nice to see someone could take as brilliant as Dante's Inferno and make a boring, repetitive and most likely cliche titfest that makes me appreciate God of War.

Seriously, what the hell is this? The gameplay is so dull, how come Dante can kill death simply because he dodged a bunch of his attacks wacked him with a sword that Death shouldn't be able to be hit by? WHo thought it was a good idea to make Death a coward and beg for his "Life"?

And what's with all of the tits? I know God of War had them, but I just finished the start of the game and there were more tits in just that than the first God of War.

TL;DR: This is basically God of War with more repetitive gameplay and Christian edition.

AND JUST WATCH SATAN BE THE BIG BAD.

titfest?
just cause one girl was naked
god of war had a threesome >_>

anyway yeah i did have my gripes with the deaths portrayal, but it didn't stop it from being a cool battle
the controls were tight and dante did exactly what you wanted him to do
i preferred this over the ps2 gow games i have yet to play 3 so i can't comment on that
the rate of unlocking moves seemed fast
so i wouldn't accuse this of repetitive gameplay as yet
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:37 am

Besides, Killing Death is always bad-ass. It's about time some-one other than Konami did it.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:39 am

Quote :
just cause one girl was naked

For several scenes in just the opening.

Quote :
anyway yeah i did have my gripes with the deaths portrayal, but it didn't stop it from being a cool battle

Really? I couldn't stand how generic the music, Death's attacks and his voice were. The stage was pretty cool though.

Seriously though. For what's supposed to be the personification of Death, he wasn't either imposing or had any cool attacks.

Quote :
the controls were tight and dante did exactly what you wanted him to do

I agree with this.

Quote :
the rate of unlocking moves seemed fast

Yes, it's going to be so much fun unlocking new moves in higher difficulties while everything's eaten your health when you're trying to get Holy abilities.

Quote :
so i wouldn't accuse this of repetitive gameplay as yet

You want to know how I beat every enemy?

*Mashes Square button, Triangle when I'm feeling sassy and I dodge a few times.*

That's all I did, except for when the giant bull thing showed up I had to change it to.

*Mashes Square button and dodges whenever it raises its hooves.

Oh and the enemy designs are some of the most generic designs I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno   Dante's Inferno - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:39 am

seriously which looks like more fun
and if anything i think i'm unfair to dantes inferno as this is demo footage whereas bayonetta thats a proper stage