Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kaio plays PoP trilogy

Go down 
+4
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
Kaio
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:50 pm

I always had plenty of Sand throughout SoT.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:50 pm

Kaio wrote:
Once you become a Sand Wraith you get infinite sand. Though your health also drains away at that point and you have to quickly go from fountain to fountain at that point.

I hope Two Thrones is better than this.
Dark prince is awesome and the platforming is great farrah is annoying though. Battle is simplified from two and i found that battles took way too long, from how overpowered the prince is in number 2. Just make the most of the speed kill system though and TT is great fun.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:44 am

I'm completely stuck in this tower. I moved the 3 big cogs into place and fought that giant who was throwing rocks at me the whole time, and now nothing. There's a cracked wall, but I have no way of blowing it up.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:57 am

Oh wait, never mind.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 5:06 am

I did the mechanical tower first, was that the wrong way round?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:54 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I did the mechanical tower first, was that the wrong way round?
IIRC yes it is, but it doesn't matter, the next bit will seem super easy
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:14 am

At the library now. This game is really beginning to drag.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:35 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
At the library now. This game is really beginning to drag.
Have you been doing the optional side bits?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:52 am

The health things? I found a couple.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:55 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The health things? I found a couple.
Yeah, if you get all of them you can get the second ending.

I think there's a cracked wall or something near the end you can only access if you have all the health boosts. So keep a save befre you do that if you got all the health upgrades.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:24 pm

I'm sure I've missed a few.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Huh, it seems your health never completely drains as a Sand Wraith. It stops at about quarter full of the first circle.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:38 pm

My God this game just goes on and fucking on. Is it really necessary for me to have to go through all these places again?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:53 pm

I felt the same way. I'll try finishing the game tonight and then probably never touch it again.

Also I found all the secret places and got the Water Sword, but I didn't know that it would mean I'd get a different ending...
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 5:57 pm

We can compare endings. I got a surprise night off work (which is nice and annoying at the same time), so I'll probably finish this tonight. Playing as the Sand Wraith is a lot more enjoyable because of the regenerating sand. Doesn't make platforming any easier, but it cuts down on annoying restarts.

Hopefully Two Thrones is much better paced this game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Must admit though, I did like the whole Sand Wraith twist thing. That whole part of the plot was set up and handled well.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:04 pm

To be quite honest, I am a little lost on the plot.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:11 pm

The plot seems pretty simple really. Prince is being chased by the Dahaka for messing with time. Prince wants to stop the Sands from being created. Prince kills Empress to stop her making the Sands, but that's what actually creates the Sands... somehow. Prince finds out about magic mask that can give him another chance to change his fate.

Now he's trying to kill the Empress again... Or something... Yeah, I'm a bit lost too at the moment. I'm not sure if the Prince is trying to stop himself killing the Empress or trying to kill her again for some reason. I'm sure he said he wanted to kill her again.

But I meant I thought it was nice how you see the Sand Wraith a couple times early on, since as the Wraith you're going around at the same time as the other you, trying to... do whatever. I thought it was going to be a boss I had to fight later.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Holy crap that last boss was fucking annoying. And like all annoying bosses it didn't come down to skill but just cheaply exploiting their attack routines. And for what? A load of bollocks, that's what. I'm not even sure it made any sense.

And this credits song is just silly.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:51 pm

And you know what? Even though it felt a hell of a lot longer than SoT, which was about 8 and a half hours, I still didn't get the 10 hours trophy.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Oh, and the difficulty trophies don't stack. I got the trophy for completing the game on Normal, but I didn't get the Easy one along with it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:01 pm

I remember playing Warrior Within a good several years back when I was... before 13 years old, I think. I thought it was great but then again I was caught up in the whole "Genre games are always good no matter what" thing. I'll have to get the Trilogy and play it again to see if I can like it.

...But I did like the Sand Wraith, if there was any part of the game I remember vividly it's the Sand Wraith I enjoyed most about WW... and the Prince being voiced by Robin Atkin Downs.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:07 pm

You got the noncanonical ending nonny IIRC

The other ending is a lot better
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:23 am

The final fight against the Dahaka was an awful bookend to a pretty awful game. TRIAL AND ERROR.

Anyway, the Water Sword turned out to be effective against the Dahaka so Kayleena was saved by the Prince and they have hot sex on a boat while Babylon is burned down to the ground and a hooded man is angry. Also you see a quick shot of Farah bein tortured or something.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:53 am

So yeah, The Two Thrones returns with good music and the Prince's old voice and demeanor. Already a better game than WW.

And the quick kills are badass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaio plays PoP trilogy
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next