Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kaio plays PoP trilogy

Go down 
+4
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
Kaio
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:39 pm

Anyway, this has sold me on the whole HD rerelease thing. The polygon count and extra effects and stuff don't seem to matter as long as the image is clear.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 2:30 am

What about the textures?

Do things look painted on?

Thats ben my greatest concern about buying this kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:01 am

The textures are fine. They must have gone over the game and improved all the texture art for HS resolution, because it doesn't look like it's simply been upscaled.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:20 am

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:25 am

Well, Sly always looked like that anyway, and I've only played Sand of Times so far, but they're last gen games Buu. It's all the same character and building models as last time, just rendered in HD with higher resolution textures. They couldn't cram in the amount of polygons back then that they can now, so of course everything is going to be a bit blocky.

I imagine if you were to play it on an SDTV then it would look pretty much the same as the PS2 game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:37 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Well, Sly always looked like that anyway, and I've only played Sand of Times so far, but they're last gen games Buu. It's all the same character and building models as last time, just rendered in HD with higher resolution textures. They couldn't cram in the amount of polygons back then that they can now, so of course everything is going to be a bit blocky.

I imagine if you were to play it on an SDTV then it would look pretty much the same as the PS2 game.
Oh yeah i was prepared for bad looking textures as long as they weren't painfully bad, but the HD seems to really pick up the absence of straight lines in scenery models. I've been seeing some people say the PS2 version looks better.

I will probably pick up the sly collection either way i'm not that bothered by the graphics i might just keep PoP as nostalgia though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:42 am

From the few videos I've seen of the PS2 Sands of Time, it had this bloom/soft-blur lighting effect throughout, which seems to be absent from the PS3 version.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:45 am

I'm finding this kind of intersting itws whoing which companies were working beyond what we perceived the PS@ was capable that is assuming some of the rumours i'm hearing are true about games like FF XII
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:09 am

I didn't understand any of that.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:26 am

OH fuck i'm typing teribbly i didn't even notice.
um i was saying a lot of people were singing certain games praises when you outputted them at higher resolution so basically HD as apparently some actually have textures adn such taht hold up really well and even look better in HD.

So far every ps2 game i put on my hd tv looks like shit. but i only hooked it up for a bit and i didn't have componenets. it looks better on sdtv so thats how i'll play it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:52 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
So far every ps2 game i put on my hd tv looks like shit. but i only hooked it up for a bit and i didn't have componenets. it looks better on sdtv so thats how i'll play it.
Well of course that's not going to look as nice as an actual HD game. It's still an SD picture, just stretched.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:41 am

This is just from a youtube video, so it doesn't look quite as good as the actual thing, but you get the idea.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:11 am

Damn that still looks sexy i can see why sly redid the character models though he looks a bit odd from behind, still the close up of his face has held up suprisingly well.

Love this series i might pull out my ps2 again over christmas.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Finished Sands of Time. Good game, though a little frustrating at some points due to the bad fighting sequences.

And the final boss was way too easy.

Starting Warrior Within now.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:10 pm

THANK GOD Warrior Within has subtitles. I couldn't hear a thing what they were saying during cutscenes in Sands of Time.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:38 pm

I had a weird glitch in the hidden fountain place in the prison in Sands of Time. The screen blacked out, but the sound remained. Then after a while I got the retry screen, and when it loaded back at the checkpoint the Prince's hair and trousers were stretching all over the place. Had to quit and reload from the save file.

Also, it's a bit odd that there's no way to go back to the game selection screen. Once you pick which game to play, you have to quit back to the XMB and start it up again to pick another one.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:07 pm

That is weird. You could do that in The Orange Box, couldn't you?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:20 pm

It was like that with the GoW Collection as well, obviously they coded a launcher and didn't bother editing the menus of the actual games.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Okay, so I got to the hourglass. One question. Why the hell can't I just rewind to before everything fucked up and simply do what the girl said this time? I hate it when a game's story just completely ignores stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:42 pm

Maybe he was out of sand.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:55 am

Finished Sands of Time. Good game. Missed out on the trophies for collecting everything, the one for rewinding 200 times, the one for rewinding less than 20 times, and the one for playing for more than 10 hours. Might go back for them once I've finished the other two game, but SoT has no stat screen or anything, so I find it hard to care.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:04 am

Okay, so the Prince is running from some cloud thing. Now he's on a ship... I'm not sure which part of this is flashback. He sounds different too, and WHOA GIANT ASS.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:55 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Okay, so the Prince is running from some cloud thing. Now he's on a ship... I'm not sure which part of this is flashback. He sounds different too, and WHOA GIANT ASS.
Love the intro movie for this game

Infact i just loved lots of thing about two just the colour scheme kinda makes it not sparkle as much the setting is just a bit shitty. The battle system I LOVE IT SO MUCH, but i just wish the enemies were tougher although i know its not a fighting game, but hell it does fighting better then a lot of fighting games.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:57 pm

And another thing about Sands of Time. How come Farah didn't believe the Prince at the end, while at the start she seemed pretty damn sure that releasing the sands and all that was perfectly possible?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:04 am

Because the Prince's story started to come true maybe.

More importantly, if the Prince told his entire story, then why did Farah run away with the dagger when she knew she was going to die if she did exactly that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaio plays PoP trilogy
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next