Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kaio plays PoP trilogy

Go down 
+4
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
Kaio
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:08 am

What are you talking about? None of that happened because the Prince reversed everything, returned the dagger, and killed the evil vizier. It didn't happen all over again.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:16 am

oh yeah

i hate time travel
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:35 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Okay, so the Prince is running from some cloud thing. Now he's on a ship... I'm not sure which part of this is flashback. He sounds different too, and WHOA GIANT ASS.
Love the intro movie for this game

Infact i just loved lots of thing about two just the colour scheme kinda makes it not sparkle as much the setting is just a bit shitty. The battle system I LOVE IT SO MUCH, but i just wish the enemies were tougher although i know its not a fighting game, but hell it does fighting better then a lot of fighting games.
Eh, seems a bit cluttered to me.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:50 pm

I've only played WW for a couple of hours, but it isn't as much fun as SoT.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:11 pm

The last thing I did was that boss fight where you have to hack the big thing's legs and then jump on it's back. There's way too much combat in this game, and despite the fact that it added a lot of variety, it's still not very enjoyable.

I mean, all the gameplay elements work fine, it just doesn't have the charm that Sands of Time did.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:37 pm

I'm not that far yet. I'm only at the point where I need to activate the water tower.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:04 pm

That's where I am. That boss is pretty much the first thing that happens.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:30 pm

I fought that thing on the way to the mechanical tower, not the water tower.

I just fought the Empress after activating both towers and SURPRISE it's that one chick who's life you saved. Pretty easy boss battle and after that I was chased by the Dahaka a couple of times. Now I found a way to change fate so I'm on my way once again.

I agree that the combat is bleh. I think this game's biggest problem is that it tries waaaay too hard to be edgy. The music in this game is horrific.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:13 pm

There's two towers? The geography of this island place is a bit confusing. I'm not quite sure if it's linear or not.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Also, the second fight against one of those big things was annoying as hell. It was a tiny room and the camera sucked. Half the time I couldn't even see the enemy. Plus you have to use up your sand on some of the puzzles this, which is annoying.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:21 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
There's two towers? The geography of this island place is a bit confusing. I'm not quite sure if it's linear or not.

There's branching but there is a good order to do things in and an awkward dififculty curve if you do it another. I think its also possible to do something really retarded and cause yourself to have the biggest run around in a circle ever, but you'd have to be dumb to actually let that happen.

There is only one musical loop which is kinda annoying, the platforming is solid the visuals are drab, the graphics are good. I personally loved the combat its easy to dispatch of hordes in seconds without an after thought, and if your creative you can have a helluva lot of fun.

Its missing something the first game had not quite sure what it is but thats the main problem this game suffers. ITs pretty enojyable i do love the chase sections and the plot is decent to.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 pm

What's missing is the Prince's personality and decent character interaction. Nearly all the dialogue and cutscenes so far have just been pure exposition.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:29 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
What's missing is the Prince's personality and decent character interaction. Nearly all the dialogue and cutscenes so far have just been pure exposition.
Yeah i forgot about that the other prince was a lot cooler in the first game, hell i even found his death speeches hilarious. I guess no farrah or whatever doesn't help either as they're intersting together.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:30 pm

The Forgotten Sands had the best Prince. Witty and genre-savvy, but not a gigantic cock like 2008 Prince.

Forgotten Sands is a better game than WW actually. Feels much more like a sequel to SoT than this one.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Kaio wrote:
The Forgotten Sands had the best Prince. Witty and genre-savvy, but not a gigantic cock like 2008 Prince.

Forgotten Sands is a better game than WW actually. Feels much more like a sequel to SoT than this one.
really

I'll go play it then

does it retcon?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:33 pm

It is a sequel to SoT isn't it? It's set before WW, right?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:42 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It is a sequel to SoT isn't it? It's set before WW, right?
yeah but i'm not sure if its wrecks the trilogy as a whole as the storyline sounded iffy.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:54 pm

It's a sequel to SoT, but it doesn't have much to do with that trilogy. It's a self-contained story where the Prince needs to help his bro.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:21 am

The limited amount of sand you get in this game is really making the platforming more aggravating than fun.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:20 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The limited amount of sand you get in this game is really making the platforming more aggravating than fun.
You didn't learn enogh skillz in SoT that is all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:44 pm

I don't mind failing. I just don't enjoy having to go through what's usually a few combat sections again to get back to where I was.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:37 pm

don't remember there being any bits that hard.

The only bit i repeatedly failed was this one jump with sliding floors but that isn't a death trap.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:42 pm

Not of it's been hard. I haven't been dying the on the same spot a bunch of times. It's just every so often I go the wrong way and end up falling to my death, and don't have any sand. I don't think I've ever had more than 3 sand tanks at any one point so far.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Never had that problem in the second game, i think i had that a couple of times in the first, but by the second game i was in tune with the game. Isn't there some way to increase sand tanks i'm pretty sure i had 6.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Once you become a Sand Wraith you get infinite sand. Though your health also drains away at that point and you have to quickly go from fountain to fountain at that point.

I hope Two Thrones is better than this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaio plays PoP trilogy
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next