Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kaio plays PoP trilogy

Go down 
+4
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
Kaio
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:57 am

They're alright.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Combat is a joke now that I have the king's sword. It kills everything in one hit.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:06 pm

Are you still playing this Kaio?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:17 pm

I've been playing the entire evening and I'm now at the Middle Tower.

The game is a great improvement over WW and the only thing that's bugged me so far is the Dark Prince. Especially that final stretch where you had to go through all the traps real quick. Was just annoying.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:20 pm

I can't remember if I finished climbing that big tower or not. I've certainly spent a while on it so far.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:39 pm

Beat the vizier. Started off shit, but then became pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:47 pm

That final sequence was pretty trippy.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:48 pm

Fin.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:48 am

Turns out I saved right before the fight with the Vizier. Having to go through that first part of the battle each time I died was annoying, even though it was only twice. Cool ending too. That dream sequence looked great. All the effects could have been in a regular current gen game and they wouldn't have looked out of place.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:55 am

Hmm, it appears I missed the trophy for sealing all the sand portals. Which is odd, since I had no idea they were supposed to be secret or anything.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:58 pm

Dudes, free dynamic PoP Trilogy theme on the EU Store this week. It's not that great, but it's free.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:03 pm

I have returned to the good ol' trilogy a while back to finally bloody finish it.

I was up to the last Shahdee battle when I stopped all those months ago, now I'm up to the two final fights but I took a break a few hours ago since the boss battles in this game are usually so damn tedious, and that second last one seems like no exception(oh goody, another fight where you just take advantage of a damn pattern) especially since I'm playing on hard.

After I finish it, I'll go and pick up the Water Sword and beat the game again since I want to see both endings.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 3:54 pm

I never got the alternate ending for Warrior Within. Which made Two Thrones a bit off because I'm sure it continues from the alternate WW ending and not the regular ending.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:00 am

Ahhhh... The Dahaka battle is lame. So lame.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:46 am

Playing Two Thrones now(on hard mode as well, like a boss) and ah, man. Don't tell me I'm going to be subjected to more of those battles where wave after wave of enemies just keep coming for a while like in SoT. I thought WW got rid of that nonsense. I was enjoying the wonderful pacing and platforming throughout the whole beginning and the moment the prince became that dark self(with a stupid hairdo), it turned into mundane assness. Fortunately I'm back to normal now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:52 am

The Dark Prince parts are bad, but it could be worse. It could be Warrior Within.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:55 am

Why are you trying to incur Buu's wrath?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:43 am

SOK wrote:
Why are you trying to incur Buu's wrath?
I like warrior within but Sands of time is probably the best in the trilogy. I had gripes with Two thrones as well, although complaints about difficulty in terms of platforming/traps baffle me.

Kaio wrote:
The game is a great improvement over WW and the only thing that's bugged me so far is the Dark Prince. Especially that final stretch where you had to go through all the traps real quick. Was just annoying.
Going through traps flawlessy is something i enjoy about these games, I don't think i got hit by traps at all by the time i was playing forgotten sands and barely during two thrones.

I also liked the dark prince seeing as your only him for ten seconds and he can at least kill things in quickly in direct combat. Unlike any section with normal prince when you have to fight a guard with that stupidly weak dagger and his combat abilitie were nerfed hardcore.

Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:58 am

There are only two gripes I have so far:

- Battles where waves of enemies attack you. Seriously, they obviously realized it was tedious as hell in SoT when they did WW since that installment mostly ditched that nonsense, why bring them back? Of course, I could be jumping the gun here and there really aren't many like that in the game, but we'll see.

- The fact that Dark Prince's health depletion can actually kill you. I would much prefer it if it was like the Sand Wraith's health depletion, where it just makes it go really low, not actually screw you over and kill you in the midst of battle because you didn't kill an enemy fast enough.

The platforming on the other hand has been tits so far.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 12:20 pm

SOK wrote:
There are only two gripes I have so far:

- Battles where waves of enemies attack you. Seriously, they obviously realized it was tedious as hell in SoT when they did WW since that installment mostly ditched that nonsense, why bring them back? Of course, I could be jumping the gun here and there really aren't many like that in the game, but we'll see.

- The fact that Dark Prince's health depletion can actually kill you. I would much prefer it if it was like the Sand Wraith's health depletion, where it just makes it go really low, not actually screw you over and kill you in the midst of battle because you didn't kill an enemy fast enough.

The platforming on the other hand has been tits so far.
Two thrones is just plain awful combat wise. If it weren't for the epic platforming, I'd have struggled to play that game. Just make sure you don't screw up the speed kills and you won't be forced into too many fights.

Personally i didn't find combat an issue in SoT seeing as you did decent damage and they were spread out, Two thrones realises the game needs to be more platforming focused but then they completely seem to have no clue what they're doing with combat, which was one part of warrior within i thought it excelled at, you could seriously have fun with that combat system.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:58 pm

I had no problem with the combat in TT. It was definately a step back from WW but it wasn't aweful. You could tell they were trying to make the game end up playing like the bastard child of SoT and WW and I think they did fairly well.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Two Thrones was my favourite of the trilogy for gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:51 am

I wish they had polished the dodging mechanics as they're still pretty clunky. Like in the previous game, it's annoying when the Prince would suddenly just constantly backflip instead of rolling sideways like I wanted him to. That boss fight I just did with the giant would have been piss easy if that problem wasn't such a hindrance. I just went "fuck it" and rolled forward at him since that actually worked better, the only attack I could possibly receive was his wimpy kick.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:27 pm

I don't think i ever dodged away from anything in warrior within and i never had a problem. Going between things legs or jumping over them is pretty much the best way to handle dodging.

@ellis: the reason the combat was shit in two thrones was due to how weak the prince is in three compared to WW as you can't change weapons.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:24 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
I don't think i ever dodged away from anything in warrior within and i never had a problem.

This minor issue may be connected with the camera. In WW, that problem barely ever happened except for a few instances such as with that mummy giant in that small room(it was much better to roll sideways than under his legs most of the time since he can punch you between them).

It's not a major problem and it rarely happens(especially since you rarely need to roll sideways), but it can be grating when it does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaio plays PoP trilogy   Kaio plays PoP trilogy - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaio plays PoP trilogy
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next