Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose watches Lost

Go down 
+4
brandon
Superbuu3
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Yeah, that is more explained in season 6. Sad to say, but despite how fast things go in season 5, they don't really do much.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:14 pm

LaFleur, Bentham, Some Like it Hoth and The Incident are the only good episodes of season 5.

Season 6 more than makes up for it though imo.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:57 pm

Okay, so everyone is back, but in 1977. You know why this is bad? It doesn't feel like it's going anywhere. For everything that happens I'm just thinking "Okay. So what?".
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:00 pm

To explain the incident and other mysteries regarding Dharma.

We already said a billion times it sucks.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:04 pm

What incident?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:10 pm

The incident talked about in Orientation and The 23rd Psalm that lead to the building of the Swan station and the need of the button.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Kaio wrote:
The incident talked about in Orientation and The 23rd Psalm that lead to the building of the Swan station and the need of the button.
Oh that? Who gives a toss about that? "There was an incident" is all that needs to be known.

On the plus side though, the island brought Locke back to life. Yay! Although he and Ben didn't get any flash thing, so I assume they're in the present rather than 1977, along with the other passengers of the plane.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:18 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Who gives a toss about that?

The half of the fanbase that cares more about the mysteries than the characters.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:25 pm

But what mystery is there? We found out that The Swan was built to monitor and experiment with the electromagnetic properties of that part of the island, and something went wrong which caused it to concentrate in dangerous levels so it had to be dispersed every so often. I don't why it matters what exactly caused it. Sending all the characters back in time to explain that is just stupid.

The only mystery is the why they stuck a button there with a code that a human needed to enter every 108 minutes rather than just building a machine that could regulate it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Seriously, as far as mysteries go, that's pretty damn minor, and certainly not worth disrupting the whole damn show for two seasons just to explain it.

When they hell are we going to find out about the real mysteries? Like Richard, and Jacob, and the smoke monster, and that temple, and that wheel that turns back time or whatever?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:28 pm

All in season 6.

Well, Jacob a bit earlier.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:32 pm

Well I'll just have to get through season 5 then. Season 6 had better turn out to be good all the way through. I'd hate to have watched a whole run of an incredibly popular show and then have to say that only the first season was consistently good.
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:32 am

Actually, the incident does have a few tidbits that are very interesting, imo. Not going to mention it though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:18 am

Kate's episode was actually quite good. I'm shocked.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 3:06 am

Dead is Dead is the best episode so far. I like resurrected Locke.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:23 am

The Miles episode is great.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:08 pm

Yeah, it was quite good. Seems pretty damn obvious what's in that big box though.
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:05 am

Really? What?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:11 am

Locke.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:53 pm

Well, that's season 5 done. It wasn't a bad season I suppose, just a completely pointless one. Felt like such a waste of time. Barely barely any explanation of the incident beyond what we already knew, and they all end up back on the island in the present anyway, so what the hell was the point?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:43 pm

Any comments on Locke being manipulated for his entire life and being a pathetic loser? Even on the island he wasn't special at all.

And Sawyer and Juliet at the end of the finale was fantastic. Holloway's acting ability really shows when he's in a dramatic scene like that and you really feel for the guy when Juliet falls down the hatch. Compare that Sawyer to the one from season 1 and he's really become a completely different character.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:58 pm

Kaio wrote:
Any comments on Locke being manipulated for his entire life and being a pathetic loser? Even on the island he wasn't special at all.
It's bloody annoying, because he pretty much carried the show for me. Sure, he comes back, but it's not really him, so it's not the same. Locke was all about the island, and like the show when it's about the island. Which is why, having watched the first two episodes of season 6, I can see it's going to be a love hate affair.

The on island stuff is actually getting down to the real issues now, but the off island stuff is even further removed from it than it was in season 4. Now it's some parallel dimension or something, so it's not even the same characters really. It has literally no impact to what's going on on the island, so I'm just not at all interested in it.

Quote :
And Sawyer and Juliet at the end of the finale was fantastic. Holloway's acting ability really shows when he's in a dramatic scene like that and you really feel for the guy when Juliet falls down the hatch. Compare that Sawyer to the one from season 1 and he's really become a completely different character.
Like I said, it wad good drama, it was just utterly pointless in terms of the story. In fact, everything involving the Dharma Initiative was pointless. All it did pad out the show for an extra few seasons that weren't at all needed.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:01 pm

Plus with Locke gone and Sawyer being all mopey, we're back with Jack as the front man. And his routine if trying to take over every single thing and then throwing a hissy fit whenever he realises he's not in control is getting old.
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:28 am

Jack is awesome in season 6. Just saying it now. Have to agree about Dharma. So they're hippie scientists. Whoop de do. Have so much I want to say about the sideways, but I'll just shut my mouth.

Anyway, what I really liked about season 5 and the incident is that even back in seasons 1 and 2, Jack was always the one to contribute to the incident. He and his friends saved the island. Sawyer had actually peaked in on Kate and Claire while she was giving birth but they didn't see him. It's stuff like that, that I really liked. Of course there was the Dharma stretch during the middle and I didn't really care for it. Sayid just gets worse as the show goes on. Oh look! Sayid shot kid Ben! But wait, it doesn't matter because he conveniently forgot (whoops!).

My theory is that the bomb had temporarily stopped the electromagnetic activity from sucking everything in, sort of like the button, except it was a lot stronger. It gave Dharma enough time to build the Swan. Also, remember when Desmond turned the failsafe key and it gave him the time flashes? It was like that, except stronger as it sent them to the present.

Anyway, I loved season 6, even if the sideways doesn't seem all that relevant at first.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:28 pm

Goldninja wrote:
My theory is that the bomb had temporarily stopped the electromagnetic activity from sucking everything in, sort of like the button, except it was a lot stronger. It gave Dharma enough time to build the Swan.

Really? I thought the bomb going off just wrecked the island and sunk it, hence the alternate reality that's going on.

Quote :
Also, remember when Desmond turned the failsafe key and it gave him the time flashes? It was like that, except stronger as it sent them to the present.
It did this too, but the characters on the island should still be in a time where the bomb never went off, somehow. This is why I don't like time travel in shows and films.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose watches Lost
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next