Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose watches Lost

Go down 
+4
brandon
Superbuu3
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:33 am

The Moth was meh.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:37 am

And Everybody Hates Hugo was definitely the best episode of season 2.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:50 am

If it was clearly the best episode then it wouldn't be universally disliked and be placed in the bottom 20 episodes. The episode killed any momentum the second season was building up by making a mostly useless episode about Hurley being a sadface and doing stupid shit on the island that was boring. It didn't build his character in any way and neither did it progress the plot. The Moth meanwhile greatly told us about Charlie's fall from a good Christian to a useless junkie, thanks to his dickhead brother, while on the island he succeeds getting off the shit thanks to Locke being awesome.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:02 am

Well that tells me not to pay much attention to the Lost community then. I don't really give a shit about Charlie. Telling a lot of story didn't make it particularly good or enjoyable. The Moth was just another episode.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:24 am

And what killed the 2nd season for me was Locke. He was the only one who was enthusiastic about exploring the island's mystery and stuff, but in season 2 he was just sat in the hatch doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:57 pm

On to season 3.

Episode 1: A Tale of Two Cities

6th Jack episode. It started just like season 2 started really. An apparently normal setting, people going about normal stuff. Suburban houses, a book club meeting, etc. And then a load rumble. Everyone ran out of their houses to see plane flying overhead, breaking up. Then Henry, real name Ben, comes out of one of the houses. He calls Goodwin and Ethan and tells them to get to those crash sights and blend in, make lists and report back. So the Others have an apparently normal life on this island.

They lock Jack, Sawyer and Kate up in separate places. Most of the episode is about Jack. He's in some place that used to be called The Hydra, which is underwater. The Other know a lot of shit too. They had copies of his dad's autopsy report and all kinds of junk. A woman called Juliet spent most of the episode trying to get Jack to cooperate. He tried to break out once, but since they're underwater it didn't work out too well.

Jack suddenly seems more interesting now that he's not in charge anymore.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Episode 2: The Glass Ballerina

5th Sun and Jin episode. Sayid realised Jack and the others had been captured, so he went ashore and he and Jin set a trap to attract the Others. Sun stayed on the boat. But the Others went straight for the boat and took it. Sun shot one of them and got off the boat okay.

Kate and Sawyer got put to work breaking rocks or some pointless shit. Sawyer kissed Kate out of nowhere. At the end Ben was talking to Jack, and promised to take him home eventually, if he cooperated with them.

Pretty uneventful episode all round.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:46 pm

Episode 3:

5th Locke episode. Good one too. Locke finally got back to being season 1 Locke, after being moody depressed season 2 Locke for so long.He woke up in the jungle (no idea how he got out of the hatch), and he couldn't talk. So he built himself a little hallucination hut and mashed up kind of hallucinogenic mixture and had himself some hallucinations, in an effort to "talk to the island". He saw Boon, who told he needed to clean up his own mess and save Echo from a polar bear. Which he damn well did. Got all mudded up and marched into that bear's cave and got Echo out. When he got back to the beach he gave a speech about going to save his friends and such.

Which is odd, because earlier in the episode, Hurley got back and met Desmond (who was naked for some unknown reason). Hurley told him about Jack and co being captured, and Desmond said not to worry because John would get them back, like he said in his speech. So... Desmond can see the future now?

Also, that's 3 whole episode now and the final scene of the season 2 finale is still completely unexplained.

Mysteries:
1) What the hell is that giant thing that's running around the jungle?
1a) Seemingly sentient black smoke that kills people... What?
2) Why is there a polar bear on a tropical island?
3) How come Locke can walk now when he couldn't before?
3a) Is this "special energy" magnetic or magic or what?
4) Who was that guy in the suit?
4a) Where is Jack's dad's body?
5) Who knocked out Sayid and why?
6) Who are the Others?
6a) Is Ethan one of them?
6b) Why do they want Claire's baby?
6c) Why do they only want "good people"?
7) What did Boon and Locke find?
7a) What's with the hatch?
7b) What happens if you don't input the numbers in time?
7c) What does that thing on the hatch's blast door mean? Is it a map to something?
8 ) So... Walt has magic powers?
9) What are the numbers?
10) Why did Shannon and Sayid see Walt?
11) Why did that foot only have 4 toes?
12) What is Desmond's girlfriend up to?
13) Can Desmond see into the future?
14) How did Locke, Desmond and Echo get out of the hatch before it imploded?

Answers:
1) It's a cloud of animate black smoke.
3) The island has a special energy that can cure paralysis and terminal illness and stuff.
4) The guy in the suit was a hallucination of Jack's dad.
5) Locke knocked out Sayid, because he thought tracing the transmission would be dangerous.
6a) Yeah, he is.
7) They found a hatch.
7a) The hatch was a station for the Dharma Initiative, to monitor electromagnetism on the island.
7b) Not inputting the code leads to a big electromagnetic shit storm.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Also, the Others are keeping Sawyer and Kate in an abandoned zoo, and one of them mentioned bears. So I guess that's where the polar bears come from.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:00 am

You should try posting this on the TV forums on gamefaqs, I think you might get more out of the show that way as well, cause there's a few things you can miss.

I mean pretty much us guys all know stuff like DB well, but that seems to be it as a general populace. Might be interesting to see what people contradictory views are too this to. Or you could get more lost fans here i might just link this topic on the tv forums, they can vieww this section anyways.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:17 am

I might.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:27 am

Actually, I probably won't. I can't bothered to really review each episode. Most of them are just okay and that's about it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:41 am

Ahh, fine.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:42 am

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:45 am

How impatient are you?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:46 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
How impatient are you?
i'm bored and i got writers block
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:05 am

Wrong board. Lost is on broadcast TV, not cable.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/225-television-broadcast-tv
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:12 am

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:13 am

Dude, PATIENCE.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:15 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Dude, PATIENCE.
Very Happy

hey if you posted it ppl would be less interested in reading it
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 5:50 am

Episode 4: Every Man For Himself

4th Sawyer episode. The Others took Sawyer into some room and strapped him down and put a pace maker in him that will stop his heart if he gets too active. So that should stop him escaping I suppose. They also said if he told Kate about it they would put one in her too. But it turns out they were lying about the pacemaker and just did it to con him, for some reason. Something about getting his respect, I dunno. They also showed Sawyer where they were. Sawyer, Kate and Jack aren't on the island anymore. They're being held on a much smaller island that's just next to the island.

Meanwhile, Juliet got Jack to help with that woman that Sun shot. She died anyway. But Jack noticed some xrays of a spinal tumour lying around, so it seems they brought him there for a specific reason.

Meanhile again, Desmond built a lightning rod for some reason. Some experiment or something. Not sure what he's up to.

Okay episode. Never really liked Sawyer. I get his tragic past and all, but the guy is just a dick most of the time.

Also, what's up the Others anyway? I mean, one guy got all angry and upset when the woman died, and Ben (formerly Henry) keeps going on about them being good people, and not killers. But they are. Ethan was going to kill one person a night a get Claire back, and he did kill one person, and Goodwin killed... whatshisname without so much as blinking. If they were such good people why the hell did they try to trick everyone and infiltrate them and kidnap them in the first place? Why not just walk up on the day of crash and say "Hey, you guys look like you need some help. We've lived here all our lives, need a hand?".
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Okay, I don't know why everyone says that the beginning stretch of season 3 is so horrible. Like Moose, I find the majority of season 2 to be a bore fest. It's always last on my list of fave seasons. It also made me tune out near the end and because I missed the last few eps, I couldn't bring myself to watch season 3. I got the DVD set shortly before season 4 premiered and I loved it. Maybe the terrible breaks between episodes put me off a lot during season 2, but upon re-watch, I still find myself wanting to skip episodes.

Jack is a love him or hate him character for a while. Matthew Fox is a great actor and it really shows when we see that Jack is actually quite a flawed individual. His character development is great though, as it goes on. I loved The Long Con by the way.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:06 pm

The Henry Gale arc makes up for its boringness imo. The first stretch of season 3 are just really bad episodes with even worse flashbacks. Locke's on a potfarm with Goku, Sawyer's in prison, Kate runs etc. They're just there as filler by this time and the writers knew it.
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Kaio wrote:
The Henry Gale arc makes up for its boringness imo. The first stretch of season 3 are just really bad episodes with even worse flashbacks. Locke's on a potfarm with Goku, Sawyer's in prison, Kate runs etc. They're just there as filler by this time and the writers knew it.

The flashbacks, yes, I agree. I found the on-island parts to be entertaining. "It's from Of Mice and Men. What, don't you read?" The whole Others being regular people, except with more knowledge than the survivors and the viewer, was intriguing to me. The Henry Gale arc was good, I agree, and it turned Ben from being a three episode Other toady to the freaking leader, which I am thankful for. Thing is, it didn't save season 2 for me.

Oh and it's "Eko" by the way, not "Echo". Echo is from Dollhouse, which is actually pretty good (after the first few boring eps).
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Eh, the Others are annoying me at the moment. I want to know what the hell their motivation is. Why always with the tricks and plans and shit? If Ben needed surgery, why not just go down to the beach when he found out there was a doctor there and explain himself? Why wait two friggin' months and then construct an elaborate ruse to kidnap him and the construct another elaborate ruse to convince him to do it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose watches Lost
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next