Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose watches Lost

Go down 
+4
brandon
Superbuu3
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Oh, Frank. That's the pilot's name, I remember now. Daniel seems the most promising at the moment, just because the island is important whenever he's involved.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:52 pm

Daniel is okay. The rest of the fanbase loves him though.

BTW, The Constant is amazing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:11 pm

Yeah, first decent episode of the series.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 am

Episode 5: The Constant

4th Desmond episode. First good episode of the season. Actually had flashbacks. Extreme flashbacks and all, since Desmond actually was going backwards and forwards through time. Well, his consciousness was anyway, or something. While flying to the boat from the island, there was some turbulance, and it did something to Desmond. Suddenly he was back in the army, and when he was back in the helicopter he didn't remember who Sayid was.

It kept getting worse, and that Daniel guy phones from the island to talk him through it. Seems Dan has a pretty good idea of what's going on. Desmond had to find something in both times that he was deeply familiar with, in order to ground himself. Otherwise it would get so bad his brain would just give up. That's the gist of it anyway. So he went to see Penny in the past and asked for her phone number. He told not to change it, and that he would call her in 8 years, and she had to pick up. He did and she did, and Desmond remember everything and stopped travelling through time.

Bit torn over this episode. On the one hand, it's the best episode of season 4 so far, but on the other hand, not sure how I feel about this time travel business. It's just a bit too odd. It also suffers from the same problem that season 4 has had in general so far, in that the island doesn't seem that integral to the mystery of it. I mean, it was kind of triggered by the island, but that was just because of the what happened in the hatch.

It's an interesting development, but it feels like the series is losing interest in the island. I'm hoping Daniel does something about that, but what I really want is more stuff with Jacob.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:21 am

Something with Locke and Hurley trying to find out about Jacob would be ideal right now, since Hurley was able to see him as well.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:44 am

I can't be bothered to summarise each individual episode of season 4. But overall...

Ugh.

This season is really sapping my enthusiasm for the series. There's too much espionage-type stuff, and it's become some kind of power struggle between Ben and Charles. But in the future, so it's even further removed from what's happening on the island.

The future parts of the episodes seem to want to tell their own story rather than just provide a thematic backdrop to the events on the island. But since most of is a direct result of stuff that hasn't happened yet, it's just straight up confusing rather than mysterious and intriguing. Plus it makes the events on the island feel less important, because it puts them in the past.

Like in episode 10, Juliet has to take Jack's appendix out. Now, obviously the audience doesn't expect Jack to die because he's the main character of the show. But when you show him alive and well in the future in the same episode it just obliterates even the illusion of danger.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:02 am

Well, episodes 11 and 12 were a bit better. The Locke episode was good, and episode 12 had a good build for the finale at the end with everyone heading for the Orchid and Locke planning to "move the island".
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Season 5 will shed more light. The flashforwards tell the story of what happened to them after the got off the island, so when season 5 starts, it can jump right into the thick of things. This was the season that got hit by the writers' strike too.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Ben's season 4 episode is in my top 10. It was fantastic.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:46 pm

It was good, I suppose. I just really don't care about the Ben/Charles conflict, especially when it's not on the island. I don't particularly care if anyone gets off the island or what their life is like afterwards either. It's very interesting and stuff, but I don't care about it.

When it was scenes of stuff that happened before the island, it was okay, because that would just provide insight and or/significance to the character's actions on the island. But showing the future just makes the island stuff feel like a flashback, and I don't like that, because the island feels less important.

The only things about the future scenes that piqued my interest were the mystery black guy who visited Hurley, since he hired Naomi and he also met Locke before the island. And the fact that everyone else, or at least Sawyer, was still alive and had chosen to stay on the island.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:55 pm

What I liked about the flashforwards is the mystery it created around the rescue of the survivors. It made the on-island events that much more interesting.

You'll probably like season 5 even less. It has a lot of time travel and a lot of Sawyer.

Season 6 is back to basics though. Island exploring and character development.

I don't know if you've seen the season 4 finale yet, but it's really good. It's no TTLG, but it's better than Exodus and LT,DA.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:17 pm

I'll watch the season 4 finale tonight. And I did like the mystery around the rescue as well at first, but that only really lasted for an episode or two, and then it just became full story telling. The only time I really liked it was in Through the Looking Glass. In that episode, there was no time scale. It could have been years after they got off the island. In fact it looks like it was years after.

But now I know that before Sun gives birth, her, Kate, Hurley, Jack, Sayid and Aaron get off the island and Sawyer, and possibly everyone else, chooses to stay. Oh, and also Jin gets off as well and somehow fakes his death and no one knows or something. The mystery of how this happens is all well and good, but beyond that I don't care about the future events, and I can't help feeling that knowing the outcome will only cheapen the event when it does happen.

They've been coming at this rescue event from the present going forward, and in the future, going back. They're coming at it from both sides and it feels like too much has been given away too soon.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Just watched the season 4 finale. Mixed feelings about it. For all the cool island stuff there was more annoying future stuff. Although it seems now that the future stuff is going to come back around to the island, so that's a bit better, but I get the feeling it's going to happen in a way that I don't like. i.e. lots of time travel stuff.

Not that I'm against time travel, but it usually just makes a mess of things. Desmond's time travel stuff was alright actually, because it was just his mind going back and forth, and it pretty much worked. I'll have to wait and see though I guess.

Ben moving the island was great though. That's the kind of shit that I'm interested in. He went into some little fortress of solitude place and turned a big wheel and light came out of the wall and the island vanished. Brilliant. And you know what? I don't even care about it being explained, because that is something that is clearly just magic. I am happy to leave it at that to be honest. Obviously some kind of background on the little room and the wheel and stuff is needed, but an explanation for how the island moved beyond "It's magic" is unnecessary.

I really want to know more about Jacob and the Others, Richard especially. And Charlotte too, since it seems she may have been born in the island.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:58 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Although it seems now that the future stuff is going to come back around to the island, so that's a bit better, but I get the feeling it's going to happen in a way that I don't like. i.e. lots of time travel stuff.

What do you mean exactly with this?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:30 pm

That's just the impression I get. It seems like Ben and Jack are going to try to get everyone who left back to the island, and since Locke's dead, and Locke can't be dead, that it would involve some kind of time travel. To prevent all the bad things that supposed happened after they left.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:32 pm

Nothing is going to change. It'll be reiterated in the season 5 premiere: whatever happened, happened. Remember Charlie? Every time Desmond saved him, he was going to die a different way. You can't change the future.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 11:49 pm

Up to episode 5 of season 5 now. I guess it's okay, but I'm not really liking it. The off island stuff seems to be becoming the main part of the show, and the on island stuff isn't that interesting at the moment. Just randomly jumping around through time. There hasn't been any character-specific episodes either.

I hope all this nonsense gets resolved soon. It's pretty dull. Only interesting bit was the smoke monster and the temple, and the bit with Danielle killing her team.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 11:54 pm

Also, Charlotte died too soon.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 11:55 pm

They go back to the island permanently in episode 6.

Which incidentally is the worst episode of the season.
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 12:39 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Oh, and also Jin gets off as well and somehow fakes his death and no one knows or something. The mystery of how this happens is all well and good, but beyond that I don't care about the future events, and I can't help feeling that knowing the outcome will only cheapen the event when it does happen.

You didn't quite get Ji Yeon, did you?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:01 am

Apparently not. I suppose Jin's stuff was supposed to be in the past or something? Don't see why though. What would be the point of that?
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:41 am

It was mainly to throw the viewer off. Jin's was a flashback and it was made apparent at the end when someone asked him if he had a kid and he replied that they just got engaged (or married. I forget) and that they're far from that.

A lot of people dislike the episode because of that but I thought it was one of the better Jin/Sun episodes.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:47 am

Yeah, but it was done alongside Sun giving birth. Doing that just to throw the viewer off is pretty bad. I got the impression that they were both off the island but Jin had left Sun and remarried, and she thought he was dead. Especially since the on island stuff was about Jin saying he would never leave her.
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:14 pm

The flash forwards through season 4 were also there to make you wonder who was part of the Oceanic 6. They tried to throw a curve ball with Juliet at first in The Other Woman to make you think she got off the island.

Yeah, it was done so you would think that Jin was getting the bear for his kid. So as Sun was giving birth, he showed up at the hospital to give the bear to her, only for it to be some client of her father's. Then it turns out that it was a flashback/flashforward combo and that the writers had screwed with our heads.

Someone once mentioned that during Jin's flashback in the episode, he was using an older model cell phone. I guess that was a clue?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:47 pm

Didn't like season 4. Finale was good, but that's it. Not liking season 5 much so far either. The whole thing of them getting off the island and then coming back again seems completely pointless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose watches Lost
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next