Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose watches Lost

Go down 
+4
brandon
Superbuu3
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:09 pm

Episode 5: The Cost Of Living

3rd Echo episode. They got him back from the bear cave, but the tent he was in caught on fire somehow. He was having visions of his brother again, and wandered off into the jungle. Locke and a group of others went off to find him, and also to go back to The Pearl to see if they could use the computer to commuincate with the Others. Some girl and some guy went with them too. I don't know their names because they've never been relevant characters before. Thye couldn't use the computer, but they did get one of the obersvation screens to work, and they saw another hatch. With a guy in it. He had an eyepatch.

Anyway they found Echo, but he wandered off again looking for his dead brother. Then that big smoke monster killed him. Somehow smoke can big a man up and toss him around like a wet flannel. Just before he died Echo told Locke that they were next.

Meanwhile, Jack figured out that it was Ben who had the spinal tumour. Juliet has a secret plan for Jack to intentionally botch the surgery and kill Ben, making it look like an accident.

Not too sad to see Echo go. I was getting a bit bored of him having visions of his brother. I liked him better when he just hit people with his stick. It'll be interesting to see how the eyepatch guy develops.

Also, is the Dharma Initiative still active or what? They still do supply drops, and the Others appear to be what the Dharma Initiative eventually became. But if that's the case, why are there still guys in the stations? Were they just not told that everyone had moved on or something?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Episode 6: I do

5th Kate episode. Guess what? She ran away from something.

Anyway, Jack refused to do the surgery on Ben. So they threatened to kill Sawyer if he didn't, and made Kate ask him. He still refused. Back at the cages, Kate got out of her cage and then she and Sawyer had sex. Someone let Jack out of the room he was in and he saw Kate and Sawyer on a camera in the little observation room. So he agreed to do the surgery.

Then he stopped halfway through and threatened to let Ben die unless they let Kate go. Episode ended with him telling Kate to run, but she hasn't. Yet. Little does he know that there's nowhere to run though, since they're on a different island.

Yeah, not much seems to happen in Kate's episodes. Apart from me getting annoyed that she ran away again. I mean, she got married and had a nice life, and then suddenly she drugs her husband and legs it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:39 pm

I'll type up episodes 7 and 8 at some point, but I feel obligated to post this now, because I just watched episode 8.

THAT WAS SOME CRAZY SHIT.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:50 pm

Episode 7: Not In Portland

1st Juliet episode. Kate and Sawyer ran off, even though they know they're on a different island. They met up with Alex, who helped them out and offered them a boat if they saved her boyfriend. He was being held in some building. He was strapped to a chair with weird glasses on watching some crazy mindwarp film. Major Clockwork Orange moment. Anyway they got him out and got to the boat.

Meanwhile, Juliet had told some people to go after them and get them back, and kill them if necessary. But Ben woke up during the surgery and asked to speak to Juliet alone, after which she went off to help Kate and Sawyer escape. But only if Jack finished the surgery and kept Ben alive. Which he did. Sawyer, Kate and Alex's boyfriend, Carl, got off the island on the boat. Alex had to stay behind. At the end Jack asked Juliet what Ben said to change her mind, and it turns out he had offered to finally let her go home.

Okay episode. Juliet's flash backs were about the recruitment into the Dharma Initiative I assume, or whatever they call themselves now. She had managed to cure infertility by the look of it, but her ex-husband was a dick. She would join them because she though he wouldn't let her. So they killed him. It's nice to feel that I'm starting to get a bit on an insight into the Dharma Initiative. Oh, Ethan was one of the people trying to recruit her too.

Ben said he had lived on the island his whole life though, so I don't know what his story is. It smells like religious cultyness to me.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:11 am

Flashes Before Your Eyes in one of my favourite episodes (not top 10 though). All of Desmond's episodes are really good, except for his season 5 episode.

The Dharma Initiative will be completely demystified in season 5. Too bad that season sucks.

Eko was originally supposed to have a series long arc, but the actor didn't like Hawaii, so he was written out. His arc was going to be a conflict with Locke about who was going to be the spiritual leader of the island.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:59 am

Episode 8: Flashed Before Your Eyes

Woah, things just got (even more) crazy. 2nd Desmond episode. It was about what happened to him when the hatch went kaboom. It seems he was... sent back in time, somehow? Or it was just a concussion dream, but it seems more likely that he genuinely went back in time. He woke up in his flat with his girlfriend and started reliving his life. He went to ask for her father's permission to marry her, and he said no. He was still going to though. He went to buy a ring, but the ring lady was some sort of future-seeing-person too. She told him that he wouldn't buy the ring, he wouldn't get married, and that he would end up on the island pushing the button. That he was supposed to end up there.

While they were talking she pointed out a man to Desmond, and then a moment later he died. She knew, but didn't do anything about it because it wouldn't matter. If she had saved him then he would have died in a different way tomorrow, and so on. He was supposed to die. Then later when he was in a bar he got whacked in the head with a cricket bat and woke up on the island. And now he is seeing the future.

Right at the start of the episode he saved Claire from drowning. He was quite a way inland and suddenly he started running to beach to save her, even though he couldn't hear her or anything. But he wasn't trying to save Claire. He saw that Charlie would try to save her, and Charlie would drown. So he went in to stop Charlie doing it. That's what the lightning rod was about too. Charlie was going to get struck by lightning, so Desmond built the rod to stop it.

So, it looks like Charlie is going to die.

Honestly, I have no idea how I feel about this bizarre turn of events right now. It's kind of cool, but it's also just a bit too crazy I think.

Also, Michael and Walt had better not just be gone. There's a lot of stuff that needs answering about Walt.

Mysteries:
1) What the hell is that giant thing that's running around the jungle?
1a) Seemingly sentient black smoke that kills people... What?
2) Why is there a polar bear on a tropical island?
3) How come Locke can walk now when he couldn't before?
3a) Is this "special energy" magnetic or magic or what?
4) Who was that guy in the suit?
4a) Where is Jack's dad's body?
5) Who knocked out Sayid and why?
6) Who are the Others?
6a) Is Ethan one of them?
6b) Why do they want Claire's baby?
6c) Why do they only want "good people"?
7) What did Boon and Locke find?
7a) What's with the hatch?
7b) What happens if you don't input the numbers in time?
7c) What does that thing on the hatch's blast door mean? Is it a map to something?
8 ) So... Walt has magic powers?
9) What are the numbers?
10) Why did Shannon and Sayid see Walt?
11) Why did that foot only have 4 toes?
12) What is Desmond's girlfriend up to?
13) Can Desmond see into the future?
13a) How the hell did he get sent back in time?
14) How did Locke and Echo get out of the hatch before it imploded?

Answers:
1) It's a cloud of animate black smoke.
3) The island has a special energy that can cure paralysis and terminal illness and stuff.
4) The guy in the suit was a hallucination of Jack's dad.
5) Locke knocked out Sayid, because he thought tracing the transmission would be dangerous.
6a) Yeah, he is.
7) They found a hatch.
7a) The hatch was a station for the Dharma Initiative, to monitor electromagnetism on the island.
7b) Not inputting the code leads to a big electromagnetic shit storm.
13) Yep, he sure can.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:20 am

Stranger in a Strange Land is the worst episode in Lost. From then on, it's a smooth ride to the season finale.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:46 am

Episode 9: Stranger in a Strange Land

7th Jack episode.

Tom: What kind of people do you think we are Jack?
Jack: Oh I dunno Tom. The kind of people that would take a pregnant woman. That would hang Charlie from a tree. Would drag our people out of the jungle. Would kidnap children. That's the kind of people I think you are.

THANK YOU. FINALLY SOMEONE FUCKING SAID IT. I've been waiting for that for ages.

Anyway, they moved Jack from the aquarium place to the cages, and the put Juliet in the aquarium. She's in trouble for killing the guy who was trying to stop Sawyer and Kate escaping. Saw Lucy again in this episode, and the two kids from the tail section of the plane. They seemed okay. They were on there way to Juliet's trial I guess. She was going to be sentenced to death but Jack persuaded Ben to stop it, in return for Jack staying with him and helping him with his infected stitches and any other problems.

At the end they all had to move from the smaller island back to the main island because Kate Sawyer could find the small island again. Meanwhile, Sawyer let Carl go. He told him to go back and try to find Alex.

I was surprised to have another Jack episode this soon. The whole thing about his tattoo and that woman's "gift" was a bit confusing. Not sure why this is supposed to be so bad. Yeah, it wasn't great, but there wasn't really anything that put it below the rest of the average episodes. It was about as good as most Sun/Jin episodes, for example.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:43 am

Episode 10: Tricia Tanaka is Dead

Hurley found a van in the jungle and spent the entire episode trying to get it started. That's about it.

He got Sawyer and Jin to help him, and then he got Charlie in as well to cheer him up. He's been a bit gloomy ever since Desmond told him he was going to die. So Charlie and Hurley go in the van and Sawyer and Jin pushed it down a massive hill towards some rocks. Hurley's mental plan worked though. Not sure if it'll come in handy, but Hurley was just doing it because he needed something positive to happen.

At the end of the episode, Kate went off to try to get Jack back. Sayid and Locke followed her, and she met up with Danielle. Kate asked for her help because she knows the island well, and in return she might get her daughter, Alex, back.

Pretty good episode, even if a bit empty in terms of the bigger story. Hurley's my favourite character, because of all the main characters he feels the most normal and geniune (along with Claire), but I have to admit he doens't do much. Everybody Hates Hugo is still my favourite Hurley episode though, but not by much. I liked his performance in that episode a bit more, although the scene at the start where he was talking to Libby was very good. Still incredibly annoyed that she died by the way.

Everybody Hates Hugo > Tricia Tanaka is Dead > Numbers > Dave

Also, I have a really hard time believing that Hurley is in any way hispanic. There is no way that little boy in the first flashback grew up to be Hurley. My mind will not accept it.

Also also, CHEECH MARIN. WHOO!
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:06 am

Tricia Tanaka is dead is the funniest episode in Lost. Everytime I watch that episode it just makes me smile.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:19 am

Kaio wrote:
Flashes Before Your Eyes in one of my favourite episodes (not top 10 though). All of Desmond's episodes are really good, except for his season 5 episode.

The Dharma Initiative will be completely demystified in season 5. Too bad that season sucks.

Eko was originally supposed to have a series long arc, but the actor didn't like Hawaii, so he was written out. His arc was going to be a conflict with Locke about who was going to be the spiritual leader of the island.

damn he was one of the few characters i really liked
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:12 pm

I liked him in season 2, but his episode in season 3 was boring.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:59 pm

Episode 11: Enter 77

4th Sayid episode. Sayid, Kate and Locke found that eyepatch guy that they saw on a screen in The Pearl. He had a little hous full of communications equipment and stuff. He said he was the last living member of the Dharma Iniative, and that the rest had died when they started a war on the hostiles/Others, who had lived there long before the Dharma Initiative arrived. Turns out he was lying, and that he was one of the Others all along, although he said the rest of his story was true. The Swan's big implosion thingy seems to have knocked out all of their communications, so they had gone to the shack to see if it still worked.

That black lady was there too, Ms. Clue I think her name was. Kate and Sayid had her hostage and eyepatch man had Locke hostage. But then Eyepatch (I'll just call him that from now on) and Clue started talking in Russian, and Eyepatch shot her. Meanwhile througout the episode John wsa playing this chess game on the computer in the shack. When he won, that orientation guy showed up on the screen giving a list of options. John tried all the communication options, but they were all out. Then the orientation said that if there had been an incursion by the hostiles, enter 77. Which Locke did. Then when everyone was walking away the place blew up. Sayid was mega pissed. But he did find a map in the shack, so that's something.

Also, Hurley beat Sawyer at Ping Pong, although most of it happened of screen, which was annoying. I like seeing Hurley beat Sawyer. It was awesome when he beat him up in Dave. So now, because of their bet, Sawyer isn't allowed to use nicknames for a week.

Good episode I guess. Certainly the most expositional episode so far this season. So, the Dharma Initiative arrive on the island to do their research and stuff. I assume this is some point in the 70s. There may have been a date given in season 2, but I can't remember. The Others are already on the island, and at some point the Dharma Initiative "declares war" on them. Which apparently doesn't work out too well for the Dharma Iniative. However, The Swan was still manned, and that old army guy that was there before Desmond must have joined the Dharma Initiative pretty recently, because in Sayid's flashback he was part of the army.

Also, the Others are recruiting people too, since Juliet has only been on the island for 3 years. They also seem to have research of their own going on, since Walt told Michael that they made him to tests and stuff. But they have been there for ages, since Ben said he had lived on the island his whole life. So... I dunno what to make of it yet.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:03 pm

This is the point where Sawyer and Hurley start their bromance.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:04 pm

And Eyepatch's name is Mikhail.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:05 pm

I know, I just couldn't be bothered to attempt spelling it. Or look it up.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Episode 12: Par Avion

3rd Claire episode. After seeing a flock of tagged birds Claire gets the bright idea to catch one and put a message on it. Meanwhile Desmond continues to try to stop Charlie from getting killed. He saw that Charlie would try to catch a bird for Claire in fall into the water, hit his head on a rock and die. So Desmond caught the bird instead. In her flashbacks, it was revealed that Jack's dad was also Claire's dad. I knew it as soon as I saw him in the room too, since he was arguing with that woman in Analucia's episode about trying to see his daughter.

Meanwhile, Eyepathc man died. The group found the outer perimeter of the Others's home, and it was surrounded by a "sonic weapon fence". Locke pushed Eyepatch through the barrier to see what it would do, and it killed him. Locke also had some C4 in his backpack, which he failed to mention to the others. They used a tree to climb over the barrier though, and made it to the... town, I guess? They saw Jack there too, but he seemed pretty happy, playing catch with Tom. Needless to say Kate was pretty confused.

Good episode. Got to learn more about this "list" that Goodwin first mentioned. He said something about only good people being on the list, and Eyepatch said pretty much the same. When he said his people could get on and off the island, Kate asked why they would want to come back, and Eyepatch she wouldn't understand because she wasn't on the list. Eyepatch also knew that Locke used to be paralyzed, and said he recognised him. Which is odd, because Eyepatch said he had been on the island for 11 years, and John was only paralyzed for 4 years before the crash. But then the Others seem to know a lot of stuff.

It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, becomes of Claire's message too. Seemed like a pretty good plan to me.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Par Avion's ending was full of Jackface greatness.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:11 am

Episode 13: The Man From Tallahassee

6th Locke episode. Kate, Sayid and Locke waited until night time, and then Kate snuck in to the house where Jack was living to rescue him. Sayid and Locke stayed outside to cover her, but Locke went off to see Ben instead. Kate and Sayid got captured, and Jack told Kate she shouldn't have come back. The Others were going to send Jack home on the submarine, so there was no point coming to get him.

Meanwhile John and Ben have some pretty interesting conversations. Ben is in a wheelchair after his surgery, and he seems very eager to learn about John's miraculous recovery from being paralyzed. John was pissed at Ben, and the Others in general, for "cheating". Living in houses with electricity and stuff, he thought they didn't deserve to live on the island because they didn't understand it. John used the C4 he took from The Flame to blow up the submarine, although I don't quite understand why he wanted to.

Turned out to be beneficial for Ben though, because didn't have to appear weak by letting Jack go. At the end of the episode, Ben and Locke continued to talk, and Ben showed him something very interesting. Somehow, and I'm looking forward to finding out how, Ben has John's dad tied up in a room somwhere.

Certainly one of the better episodes so far. Bit of a shock to see how John broke his back. I liked him in this episode. He's back to talking about the island instead of the hatch or the button.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:18 am

"No, John, we don't have a code for there's a man in my closet with a gun to my daughter's head but we obviously should."

You either love the next episode or you hate it. It's filler to the core, but I just adored it for its funny nature and the writers admitting they fucked up.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:18 am

Huh?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:24 am

First line was an awesome quote from the episode you jus reviewed.. Second line was about the next episode.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:27 am

Oh, for some reason I missed the word "next". Thought you were talking about the Locke episode. But yeah, Exposé was pretty dull.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:28 am

What did they fuck up?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:30 am

Nikki and Paulo were universally hated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Lost   Moose watches Lost - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose watches Lost
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next