Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got Street Fighter IV

Go down 
+8
Maskull
Goldninja
Kaede
Baal
Kimarous
Golden Boy
Rockstar_Sinistar
SimianWonder
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:01 pm

Sweet. Very Happy Now Imma get this game before I get Dead Space. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:12 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
The 'charge' characters Supers and Ultras are usually;

Charge Back for 2 seconds, then quickly forward, back, forward and all three kick / punch buttons. Guile's is Charge down-back, then down-forward, down-back, up-forward and all three Kicks.

Have you done many of the challenges Baal? Some of the combos required there will blow your mind.

I plan to finish Arcade first before I do any of that. But I haven't been able to get a hold of the living room TV for the past two days. So I haven't been able to play it much without being kicked off soon after.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:10 pm

ZOMG i need this bad
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:02 am

A common issue here is the suitability of the 6axis / dualshock 3 / 360 dpad. Now, I've had no real problem using my 6axis up to this point, but it's now become clear that the pad is hindering my progress, as it's absurdly difficult to pull off the harder trials.

I started looking round to see if I could find a PS3 arcade stick anywhere, but they're all sold out. So, head over to eBay, and ...wow. The regular fightstick, retailing at £70 is going for double that, and the top spec Tournament Edition stick, retailing at £150 is going for upwards of £350. Even the Fightpadz are fetching almost £100.

Who on earth can justify that kind of money?

My Dreamcast Arcade Sticks cost me £30 each, and they're simply perfect. It's a pity there's no DC > PS3 adaptor. Still, £350 for an arcade stick? People must be bonkers.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:09 pm

I'll be probably getting this game next week (and play it for 10 days until RE5 is released).

Having not touched a SF game since I were 10, which characters are beginner-friendly? Also, are Fei Long and M. Bison any good?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:56 pm

The beginner friendly characters are Ryu and Ken, typically, but you'll get abuse for using them online. Unfortunately, there are a lot of new SF players buying into SFIV, and that means that Ryu and Ken are being seen a lot, which is apparently (according to GFaq users) very annoying. Doesn't bother me one bit, but there you go.

Bison and Fei Long are both decent, though I'd suggest Bison isn't one for beginners. My current favourites, though this changes on an almost daily basis, are Cammy and Zangief.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:39 pm

Akuma's Ultra Move is a pain to pull off.

I had to mash buttons just to do it.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:44 pm

Akuma's Ultra is one of the easiest in the game.

It's just [], [], <-, X, R1.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:46 pm

are the challenges similar to the ones in EX3?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:46 pm

Oh! It's Back not Forward.

My mistake!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:58 pm

Quote :
Oh! It's Back not Forward.

My mistake!

Pressing forward, instead of backwards, is how you do his Super. Smile

Quote :
are the challenges similar to the ones in EX3?
I never played any of the EX games, so I can't answer that one. The challenges here fall into three categories; Time Attack, Survival, and Trial.

Time Attack is largely obvious, you're given a set amount of time to beat the specified number of opponents. Extra time is earned after each victory, and can be further supplemented by using Ultra or Super combos, or earning Perfects.

Survival, again, is largely obvious. You've got to beat the required number of opponents and you get a small amount of health back after each fight.

Trial is character specific, and has you at first only doing very basic moves, then the special moves, then basic buffers, then onto more advanced stuff, ie Ryu might start with just a Jumping Fierce Kick, then move onto a basic Hadoken, then something combining the two, and finally onto stuff involving EX Cancels, Super Cancels, and links.

Each mode also has a 'normal' and 'hard' mode. There are forty Time Attack and Survival challenges, twenty on each difficulty, and Trial has five on each difficulty. There's a lot.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:02 am

oh cool thanks
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 pm

I got the game.
Controls are tough. Timing is strict. I am angry.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 3:39 pm

Yeah, the timing on some of the combos is crazy, that's why I said you need a stick. The pad just isn't up to it.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:17 pm

I need a stick witha turbo mode to punish you and your damn special moves. Mad
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:22 pm

I'm only playing it on a sixaxis as well remember!

I'm usually Zangief at the moment, but with the lag online, even when it's only a little, it buggers up the timing for his Spinning Pile Driver. Hence my varied selection. And yes, Seth really is crap. His hits do no damage, and he takes a boatload himself.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:59 pm

So, Chou, how are you getting on?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:08 pm

I must have lost 50 matches tonight and won...5?
God, I hate this game! >_>
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:27 pm

That surprises you?

I've been playing SF games for years, and my win / loss ratio is something like 55/45. Being new to the game, you're obviously at a disadvantage, and lag is a potential problem too. It ruins my Zangief game, but others (most notably Ryu/Ken/Sagat etc) can still spam a win.

You spend hours in Trial mode, learning the intricate timing of all the moves, and online they're useless, that tiny bit of lag renders your flashy combos impotent.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Fei Long isn't for someone of my level. I can't pull his chicken wing easily, his command throw is pretty useless, his 3 rekka attack is unsafe and weak and his ultra combo is malfunctioning (if the 2nd hit misses the opponent the whole move is cancelled).
I'll learn to use some other character. Like Crimson Viper.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:33 am

Viper's hard to use too, she's really not a Street Fighter kind of character, in that her moves don't conform to the norm.

Bison and Cammy are decent starters, though Bison is a charge character, and I'd forgive you for seeking safety in the arms of Ryu, Ken, or if you're feeling adventurous, Akuma.

As you may have noticed yesterday, offensively, Akuma can absolutely wreck you.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:45 pm

I think Viper is easy to use, but her attacks are rather weak. I may use Ryu, but not Ken or Akuma (too ugly characters). I also like Bison (he's a dictator), but I can't be bothered with the charge system at the time being.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:14 pm

Viper takes a lot of damage too, so you need to be good at keeping your opponent off you. If aesthetics are your thing, then Cammy's a good bet, she's very effective with some nice specials. And she's British.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:25 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
aesthetics
Cammy
She looks unhealthily muscular, almost on par with Chun-li.

Quote :
And she's British.
Isn't she Bison's clone? olol
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Quote :
She looks unhealthily muscular, almost on par with Chun-li.

The only thing unhealthily muscular about Chun-Li is her thighs. And even then she's still hot. So is Cammy.

Quote :
Isn't she Bison's clone? olol

Bad troll is bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got Street Fighter IV
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next