Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got Street Fighter IV

Go down 
+8
Maskull
Goldninja
Kaede
Baal
Kimarous
Golden Boy
Rockstar_Sinistar
SimianWonder
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 4:27 pm

It starts with "I" and the description was "Forward/Backward Punch after Barcelona something".
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Izuna Drop?

It's an air throw, so you need to charge down for two seconds, then press up and kick. Vega leaps of the side of the screen, and back towards your opponent. When he's near to them, and while he's still in the air, hold towards them and press punch. He'll flip them over and suplex them.

The timing's a little tight, but it should only take two or three attempts. If you press punch too early, Vega slashes them in the air instead.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Ah, that's why I ended slashing Dan. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:58 pm

That was fun. Smile

A few conclusions; Seth sucks. Zangief is a beast. You shouldn't jump in against Blanka. Vega is as weak as a little girl.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:00 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
You shouldn't jump in against Blanka.
I barely play SF, but that should be obvious.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:32 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
You shouldn't jump in against Blanka.
I barely play SF, but that should be obvious.

More so now than ever. Air blocking is gone, and he has two roll attacks that can take out aerial opponents, as well as his electric attack. I'm not that keen on him, as his Ultra and Super moves are a bit ...well, they're crap, but he's great for turtling, and is strong enough to make a decent stab of an offensive game too.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:04 pm

I didn't have much of a choice as:

1) if I were walking forward you'd use the safe straight ball attack and hit me (even if I guarded, I'd still lose some health);

2) if I somehow reached you'd use repetitively the electric move (as you actually did!).

Both Zangief and Blanka are horrible matchups for Fei. He can't do much against Blanka and Zangief's throws are almost broken. No wonder how those are S tier characters. Next time you choose the Tarzan, I'll hadoken your ass!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:25 pm

Faldio wrote:
1) if I were walking forward you'd use the safe straight ball attack and hit me (even if I guarded, I'd still lose some health);

All special moves have chip damage, and it's less damage than being thrown!

Quote :
2) if I somehow reached you'd use repetitively the electric move (as you actually did!).

I've only started playing Blanka today, so you'll have to forgive me! His crouching fierce punch has great range too.

Quote :
Both Zangief and Blanka are horrible matchups for Fei. He can't do much against Blanka and Zangief's throws are almost broken. No wonder how those are S tier characters. Next time you choose the Tarzan, I'll hadoken your ass!

Is Blanka top tier as well? Didn't know that. In any case, Fei's strength is in his speed, which gives him great mix up possibilities, it's just that if his specials whiff he's wide open.

Anyway, you beat Ryu comfortably, yet lost to Akuma and Gouken, and Ryu's higher ranked than both of those!
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:31 pm

Nope. According to the last official tier list (February '09):

S+ Sagat, IIRC Balrog, Akuma, Crimson Viper

Ryu, Zangief and Blanka are all S.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:33 pm

Viper's S+?

I've never been able to get a decent style going with her. Akuma and Sagat, no arguments.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:37 pm

Here it is:

Quote :
S +
Sagat, Viper, Gouki, Zangief

S
Ryu, Balrog, Rufus, Blanka

A
Chun li, Bison, Ken, Dalshim, Abel, Honda, Fuerte

B
Vega, Guile

As you can see Viper is second only to Sagat.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:42 pm

Guile's last?

Rubbish.

[edit] That doesn't include any of the console exclusive characters does it? That's another eight fighters to factor in.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:47 pm

Guile's B. He's pretty decent but still the weakest.

This list was based on the Japanese arcade version.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:52 pm

I quite like Guile, and I'd certainly take him over Viper. I guess that shows just how irrelevant tiers really are to 95% of the game playing populace, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:58 pm

This comment is from SRK:

Quote :
i got neg repped for saying blanka is effortless? LOL

u cant get crossed up with electricity, your most abused rolls break SA, ultra that does RIDICULOUS damage, chip or not.

hardly any combo ability, mixups consists of slides, throws, or balls,

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE EFFORT? ALL U DO IS REACT. ALL YOUR MOVES IS THE SAME BUT U MOVE IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS. no slightly difficult charge buffer combo, nothing.

hes in tier A because hes fucking effortless to use just like gief. both dont need anything outside 2 moves to win.

That guy pretty much said the same thing about Guile too. tongue
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:05 am

Using Zangief is all about finding openings to use his two command throws. Anything else is just a bonus. He's not effortless, but he is very powerful. As your Bison found to his cost. XD

Regarding Blanka, that seems about right to be fair. His combos are fairly limited, although his jumping MK makes cross ups a doddle, something I'm sure you'd sppreciate, as they're one of your favoured tricks. His Ultra damage is utterly crap though, so not really what I'd term 'ridiculous' not when people like Akuma, Abel and Zangief are doing well over half a health bar.

On the subject of Akuma's Ultra, well done for finally learning how easy it is to avoid it.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:06 am

Faldio wrote:
This comment is from SRK:

Quote :
i got neg repped for saying blanka is effortless? LOL

u cant get crossed up with electricity, your most abused rolls break SA, ultra that does RIDICULOUS damage, chip or not.

hardly any combo ability, mixups consists of slides, throws, or balls,

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE EFFORT? ALL U DO IS REACT. ALL YOUR MOVES IS THE SAME BUT U MOVE IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS. no slightly difficult charge buffer combo, nothing.

hes in tier A because hes fucking effortless to use just like gief. both dont need anything outside 2 moves to win.

That guy pretty much said the same thing about Guile too. tongue
reminds me of my reactions to fighting devil kazuma on the PSP tekken Razz

Last edited by Shinigami-sama on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:12 am

SimianWonder wrote:
On the subject of Akuma's Ultra, well done for finally learning how easy it is to avoid it.
Well, I finally figured it's a grab with awful priority. In another match I accidentally used Fei's ultra and it worked perfectly as a countermeasure.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:20 am

man Sagat was my first fav character when i first played him. glad he's really high!
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:00 pm

The faggots online are really pissing me off.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:03 pm

I haven't played online for a couple of days. Some of the connections have been awful, and I've had people disconnecting when their health gets low. That gets annoying.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:05 pm

I had a few little bitches like that today.

I fought three Sagats. All of which spammed his Tiger Shot.
I can't count the amount of Ryu's, Ken's, and AKuma's I've fought. All spammed their projectile attacks of course.
I fought a Guile who spammed his Sonic Boom.
And a Chun-Li who spammed her projectile attack.

All I've fought lately is spammers. This game is getting boring with no one trying to even have a good time.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:12 pm

I got back to RE5 demo. SF controls are too awkward for me using the controller and all I hear online is "Tiger".
I will probably buy the fightpad at some point and give another chance to this game.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:47 pm

i guess i shouldn't use Sagat, if i play you guys online?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:56 am

There's nothing wrong with using the projectile attacks, but it does get irritating if that's all your opponent uses, even when it's clearly the wrong tool for the job. Still, most spammers are fairly easy to beat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got Street Fighter IV
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next