Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got Street Fighter IV

Go down 
+8
Maskull
Goldninja
Kaede
Baal
Kimarous
Golden Boy
Rockstar_Sinistar
SimianWonder
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 7:11 am

Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Blankaposterbg9
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:23 am

Bison = Vega?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:40 am

Kaede wrote:
Bison = Vega?

This is an old SFII chestnut. M Bison was originally the boxer, but when the game came to the US, Capcom USA were scared they'd get sued because of his obvious similarities to Mike Tyson, so the names got switched. That's why most sites refer to them as Claw, Boxer and Dictator.

Jap Name; M Bison(boxer) - Balrog (claw) - Vega (dictator)
Western - Balrog (boxer) - Vega (claw) - Bison (dictator)
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:15 pm

That's sooo fucking retarded.
Everyone who says that this game game is balanced (and they are a lot!) should be shot. Otherwise I can't explain why I play better with characters (Ken and Ryu specifically; hell even Akuma) that I have used only in Arcade mode than my main.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:55 pm

You're better with Fei Long than you are with Ryu and Ken, so I'm not really sure what your complaint is. Some characters seem better than others, and I'd say that the game is balanced for the most part.

There are a few tweaks I'd like; Fuerte and Vega need to hit slightly harder, and Akuma needs better defence, especially as they nerfed the Raging Demon. Mainly though, better servers for the online! I'm getting royally pissed with some of the lag, especially as it can change seemingly mid fight.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:59 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
You're better with Fei Long than you are with Ryu and Ken

I lost to Cammy and Bison with Fei, but somehow I easily won with Ken. Plus I fared better with them against the other characters too (except for Ryu).
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:23 pm

The Bison games were very close each time, and you only won with Ken becuase you kept crossing me up, which means that Bison loses his 'charge' for his specials. Some characters just aren't good at fighting others.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:31 pm

Nah, Fei is shitty and bottom tier. Those people on SRK believe he is only better than Vega.
And I still can't use his special moves (other than the Rekkaken).

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed yet, the game is over for me the very moment I'm positioned on the left side. That's why I:

a) never host but always join
b) always trying to cross up to return at that side
c) using the <- throw for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:58 pm

I've noticed that I usually win when I apply the pressure. If I'm offensive, I normally win. what does get me is when Fei Long crosses me up, then gets in my face on wake up, as there's a 50/50 chance of getting hit; if I block, you throw, if I try a move, you've got Focus Attack waiting, or you're hammering jab for all it's worth. Especially against Blanka. :p
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:02 pm

Oh, and it was great to see howmuch you've improved the last few days, especially given that your trophy haul the last time we fought was 0%. I'm guessing you've been spending a lot of time fighting online?

I've spent most of the last two days either writing for fanfics, sanding down walls, or playing Halo Wars.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:06 pm

Use a special move with armour breaking properties or multiple, fast hits and you win.

Quote :
Oh, and it was great to see howmuch you've improved the last few days, especially given that your trophy haul the last time we fought was 0%.

I scarcely play SFIV lately. I just checked my profile and it did a 'trophy sync', then all the trophies I'd gathered were added.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:11 pm

Ryu's armour breaker is the Hurricane Kick, but it's priority isn't great. Anyway, it was fun to fight you now that you're much closer to my level. If you'd stuck with Fei, you'd have wiped the floor with me.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:17 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Ryu's armour breaker is the Hurricane Kick, but it's priority isn't great.

Both Shoryuken and Hurricane Kick will work.

Quote :
If you'd stuck with Fei, you'd have wiped the floor with me.

But, I lost to Cammy, Bison and Blanka with Fei whom I defeated with Ryu/Ken, characters that I've never previously used seriously.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:31 pm

Shoryuken isn't an armour breaker. I hit you a few times with Ryu's, and it does jack if you're in Focus. EX Shoryuken might be a different story, and Ken and Akuma's would also work, but not Ryu's.

As for the losses, then maybe they're just bad match ups for Fei?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:37 pm

He sure has a lot of bad match-ups then.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:27 pm

The only thing good about Rufus is his theme music.

And fuck I love using Dan.

My only dream in Online Mode is to successfully pull off his legendary taunt, once.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Dan's Legendary Taunt can be cancelled into his Ultra. That catches a lot of people out.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:32 pm

OH! YES! THANK YOU FOR THE TIP, SURPRISE ATTACKS ALL-ABOUND!
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:08 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Dan's Legendary Taunt can be cancelled into his Ultra. That catches a lot of people out.
AND WITH THAT A MONSTER WAS BORN
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:43 pm

Sakura Kasugano is the only Sakura in the history of video games, anime, and, manga that doesn't fail beyond a reasonable comprehension.

It's a fact that name carries a curse with it, except for Sakura Kasugano.

She is so awesome in this game.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:46 pm

That the chick in the school uniform with the massive legs?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:51 pm

Kaede wrote:

You think Sakura's legs are massive? You should see Chun Li's.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:52 pm

Been there, hit that.

Wait, what?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 9:19 pm

Kaede wrote:

Massive legs?

Are you blind?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 9:21 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Kaede wrote:

Massive legs?

Are you blind?

EDIT: Checked again. Wasn't her
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got Street Fighter IV
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next