Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got Street Fighter IV

Go down 
+8
Maskull
Goldninja
Kaede
Baal
Kimarous
Golden Boy
Rockstar_Sinistar
SimianWonder
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:41 pm

Cammy is a Bison clone. Smile For some reason, the westernised version had that removed, and replaced with her being Bison's lover.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:42 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Cammy is a Bison clone. Smile For some reason, the westernised version had that removed, and replaced with her being Bison's lover.

...I didn't notice many similarities. Then again I'm one to live in the moment not stop and pay attention.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:47 pm

On an unrelated note, my sixaxis' battery just died, so while it's on charge I'm using my old PS2 Dualshock2, with USB convertor, and it's got a much better d-pad than the sixaxis. It's making some of the moves much more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:50 pm

I hate the controls. I can't even clear most of the normal trials.
Seriously, this game is all about button-mashing.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:53 pm

No, it's about timing. Again, the problem, online at least, is that even a trace of lag messes that up.

The normal trials are easy, it's the hard ones that get me. I can't get any further than level three with anyone, even characters I know like the back of my hand.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:00 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
The normal trials are easy

get out
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:02 pm

Don't blame me if you suck.

The hardest one I've found is, in theory, an easy one; Sagat's fake kick. It's just pressing Fierce Kick twice, but was it an arse to actually do.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:27 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
CAMMY! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU! Razz
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:41 pm

Faldio wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
The normal trials are easy

get out

No. He's right. I almost finished Ken's last one. But the last combination on trial 5 was impossible for me to pull off.

So I quit.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:44 pm

The last one? The medium kick into medium punch? If you can't be arsed to time it, then get up close, hit kick, then just hammer the punch button.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:47 pm

I'll try that. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 4:01 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
I'll try that. Thanks.
quick question, whats your avatar/sig from? looks disgaea-ish
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:08 pm

Melty Blood: Act Cadenza Ver.B
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:11 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:15 pm

Shinigami-sama wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
gotcha.

Here's a vid of his Arcade Playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:35 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Shinigami-sama wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
gotcha.

Here's a vid of his Arcade Playthrough.
interesting.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:58 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Sagat's fake kick

Thank you for agreeing with my previous point. Unless you want me to believe that you relied on timing.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 6:02 pm

Not for that I didn't. However, the bulk of the combos haven't changed much since earlier SF games. Buffering into special moves is easy, It's just the links that are insanely difficult, the normal chains.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 6:08 pm

I have trouble with the special moves.
For example I can't clear Fei's 4th trial because I can't chain his crouching LP to his Rekkaken.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 6:36 pm

Really?

You just need to be really wuick with the next input, so press the punch button, then your thumb is making the QCF motion already. Basically, you end up pressing punch twice, with your thumb doing the rest of the work.

Get your arse online, and I'll help you practice.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 6:44 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
You just need to be really wuick with the next input, so press the punch button, then your thumb is making the QCF motion already. Basically, you end up pressing punch twice, with your thumb doing the rest of the work.
It's pretty embarrassing, but my real problem is that I fail at inputing correctly the special moves' motions, not being fast enough.

Quote :
Get your arse online, and I'll help you practice.

Okay.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:04 pm

GOD I WANT THIS GAME!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:13 pm

Shinigami-sama wrote:
GOD I WANT THIS GAME!

Just think, Chou and I have spent the last hour or so beating the crap out of each other. Twisted Evil

On a serious note, Chou you've definitely improved. I'd say you're perhaps a little predictable at the moment, as you either like to sweep or use a throw, so work on mixing it up a little bit and you'll give me a run for my money next time. If you like throws, then why not try Zangief, Abel or E Honda? Their command throws are massively powerful, and they have really good priority.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:05 pm

I'd play you, but apparently my new Verizon Router won't connect as well with my Linksys router as the last one did.

It also probably doesn't help my PS3 isn't in my room anymore and is int eh living room, which has a good 25 feet worth of interference between them.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:08 pm

Feel free to add me, we can but try. Chou and I get a decent connection, with largely minimal lag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got Street Fighter IV   Got Street Fighter IV - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got Street Fighter IV
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next