Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)

Go down 
+11
brandon
A_Nonny_Moose
Ellis
SimianWonder
Sauce
Skip
Talking Sock
Baal
Zero
Kaio
Superbuu3
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:00 pm

That persons awful at the game, but this kinda reminds me of FOTNS but faster. So i won't complain i really want to see Zoro or sanji gameplay though.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sauce
Skypiea Priest
Sauce

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Back to top Go down
http://gunsauce.blogspot.com/
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:00 pm

This looks great. I like the fact we seem to have 3 of the 4 arcs in east blue (Kuro best be in to, don't give a shit about captain morgan or alvida).

Good to see that zoro and sanji look pretty good to, i really do question how dull playing with usopp would be as a shooting character in this kinda game is genrally gonna suck and he's no mamiya who was an adept fist to fist in the FOTNS manga.

Even is this game only went up to arabasta or skypiea i wouldn't complain, but the fact that gear two and three are in means we'll be going far into the story. I just really hope none of the character arcs are missed (by that i mean the ones where the characters have there back stories adn stuff). I guess there's nothing i consider skippable in one piece but i am a fanboy ultimately. Either way i'm getting this, i'll import if i have to.

edit: EPIC BROFOCE AMOUNTS ARE REQUIRED FOR THAT POST.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:05 pm

From koei warriors:

Quote :
A reliable Jump leak has stated that the release date for KOEI-Tecmo and Bandai-Namco's newest collaboration game, One Piece: Kaizoku Musou (Pirate Warriors), is confirmed to be on 1 March 2012. Some accounts also state that Monkey D. Luffy, Roronoa Zoro and Sanji are the first playable characters shown.

One Piece is the third official franchise Warriors to be made after Gundam and Fist of the North Star. This game will be released exclusively for PlayStation 3 in Japan. There are no news regarding overseas release yet however.
Quote :

Bandai-Namco has recently opened the official website for One Piece: Kaizoku Musou (Pirate Warriors), which is the latest anime franchise Warriors being actually developed by KOEI-Tecmo. It will be released on March 1 2012 for PlayStation 3 in Japan. Gameplay details on the title have also started to appear.

An introduction show of the game was aired at Bandai-Namco's Live TV stream, which also showed some actual gameplay videos. It is revealed that the moveset system here will not be confined to the usual Square-to-Triangle combo, as some moves are confirmed to be executed through new button combinations like Triangle-Triangle-Square and Square-Triangle-Square.

A playable demo of One Piece: Kaizoku Musou will be also available at Jump Festa which takes place on this December 17, 2011.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Even is this game only went up to arabasta or skypiea i wouldn't complain, but the fact that gear two and three are in means we'll be going far into the story.

It'll probably have every pivotal event/battle throughout the series thus far considering there's some time-skip things in the game. It'd look really awkward to do a bit of the pre-TS arcs and then just jump to the recent stuff.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:21 pm

SOK wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Even is this game only went up to arabasta or skypiea i wouldn't complain, but the fact that gear two and three are in means we'll be going far into the story.

It'll probably have every pivotal event/battle throughout the series thus far considering there's some time-skip things in the game. It'd look really awkward to do a bit of the pre-TS arcs and then just jump to the recent stuff.

Well technically speaking there's only need for one huge battle at each location, only skypiea adn arabasta, had a ridiculous number of seperate fights. Even then stages could be setup to have sub bosses and bosses in a specific stage or something. I just hope they don't rush this, i've no idea when they started to develop this and i want this to be as polished as the FOTNS and Gundam 3 were. I don't know who's working on this but from what i understand there's some very talented people at Koei and some not so talented ones, as there's a huge quality difference between certain games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:26 pm

If my favorite characters are playable I might regret selling my PS3.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:45 pm

This keeps looking even more badass.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 9:45 pm

I really need a One Piece game and with Ultimate Cruise on 3DS still nowhere in sight, I can see myself picking this up.

EDIT: Holy crap that Luffy-embossed Gold PS3 looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:20 pm

Babby wrote:
If this is like FOTNS, it will most likely be the crew members plus 1 or two fan favourites + buggy
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:22 pm

I hope you aren't trying to say Buggy isnt a fan favorite. I stopped watching the series because of the sever lack of Buggy.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:23 pm

If there are non crew members that you can play as, it has to be Sir Crocodile.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:24 pm

Ellis the Stampede wrote:
I hope you aren't trying to say Buggy isnt a fan favorite. I stopped watching the series because of the sever lack of Buggy.
Buggy is in it heaps later in the series.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:25 pm

That doesn't even make sense, seeing as after the strawhats he gets the most face time in the series.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:26 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
That doesn't even make sense, seeing as after the strawhats he gets the most face time in the series.
He's watching the dub, so he's only up to the G8 filler immediately after Skypia.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Skip wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
He's watching the dub, so he's only up to the G8 filler immediately after Skypia.
If he's watching filler buggy always shows up in that boss luffy crap to.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:52 pm

I was just kidding. I don't really have an opinion on buggy one way or the other. Why is he so popular? He really isn't that cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:55 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Babby wrote:
If this is like FOTNS, it will most likely be the crew members plus 1 or two fan favourites + buggy
Don't Dynasty Warriors games usually have like 30 playable characters in each game?

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:04 am

Babby wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Babby wrote:
Don't Dynasty Warriors games usually have like 30 playable characters in each game?

Depends what teams making it.

I'm hoping its the guys who did Gundam 3 and FOTNS (same team). Although that said DW7 was pretty good combat wise as it had a weapon switch mechanic, but in itself made characters less unique (70+ characters but each with only 3 unique moves, as there were 30 common weapons between them they could mix up but with differnt proficiencies).

Essentially you get a case of fewer characters more unique vs more characters kinda similar or potential reskins.

To my knowledge theres at least 3 koei teams. That said its most likely the FOTNS/Gundam team are making this if they handle all the anime licenses.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:13 am

I'd much rather there be fewer but more unique characters, which would especially suit a One Piece game because all the characters are really unique and have very different ways of fighting.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:25 am

Honestly there's a bunch of ways this could turn out going by the different things koei's done. We won't really have a clue until they actualy comment on the fighting system.

They used this thing called the meridian system in FOTNS and that basically meant you could use what specials you liked for certain characters and it made them develop in different ways as depending on there skills boosts were more inclined to certain ways. In that sense if other swords users played seperately but they had skills distinguishing them despite being similar that could actually turn out alright. I mean the problem is people other then the main cast haven't been seen to do much at all.

They only really fucked up Ryuga and Jyuuza in FOTNS, but one of those guys required a whole different set of killing animations (as an NPC that would be retarded) and jyuuza was meant to be a guy who made shit up, and he only had like two moves in the manga. Apparently they had input by the guys who wrote the manga to finish off movesets. So if Oda is involved in thsi, shit could be really awesome.

I also woder how the gears will work in this. I mean are we going to get 3 selectable luffy's or is it going to be some kind of transformation special and change his moveset. I mean that could make a huge difference to how the game plays. Also are we gonna get 3 headed zoro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:27 am

At least 20 characters would be cool. They can shove in one villain from each arc and then some.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 2:12 am

I'm really happy the Baratie is a level and it's pretty much how I envisioned it would work in this game. Anyways, even if this doesn't make it stateside I'll import it from Japan, this game is worth importing.
Back to top Go down
Sauce
Skypiea Priest
Sauce

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Back to top Go down
http://gunsauce.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou)
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next