Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)

Go down 
+7
DarkAkatosh
Neo
SimianWonder
Skip
Kaio
Talking Sock
Superbuu3
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Alright so the game starts off with a tutorial and you get to see what i assume is a high level Luffy seeing as you play in the post time skip in the tutorial.

So far the animation is amazing in this game it moves pretty fast, and looks damn good.

OH SHIT!!!! This is the first dynasty warriors game to incorporate fleshed out moves. It seems now there are two attack buttons, that you can switch between for different combos. I mean, he's literally pulling off every move i can think of off the top of my head O_O. Damn this is going to be really good I can tell already. I mean Fist of the North Star i loved and the gundam one, but hell off the tutorial I can already tell that Luffy will be a helluva lot of fun to be.

Oh yeah obviously special moves etc. are present i'll inform you of what thats like as I play a bit.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Man this game is leaps and bounds ahead of Dynasty warriors, currently ranking the games series:

Pirate Warriors>Fist of the north star>Gundam 3 (gameplay wise only)>DW7>Gundam 2>DW5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DW6

Not played Troy.

Also while i was admiring the awesomeness of the moves, i forgot about something then it happened and it was good, Luffy struck a pose and things got hot. Also its good to see there is now a run button in one of these games which doubles as an evade adn they thought sod having a jump button (which means no pointless obstacels to ump for no reason), oh yeah and i love the music so far, but its the typical DW stuff.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
It seems now there are two attack buttons, that you can switch between for different combos.

Don't forget R1 for certain special attacks. Luffy has Pistol, Bazooka, and Balloon there. I'll see if there are more as I progress.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Yeah I only noticed that later, here's a summary of what we know about combat as yet:
-multiple combo strings using square and triangle
-it seems that triangle normally makes you switch to crowd control mid combo
-X evade is also the run button, and can be used to chain combos, seems to have a slight knock back guard breaking effect (probably will be more effective at higher levels)
-circle uses a special which you can only use once you fill up a meter (i'm hoping this is modifiable later)
-R1 uses unique actions
-Some attacks can be charged up if you hold down the attack button
-There's some kind of crew system, not really done anything much with it, but sounds cool
-Camera can be a bit shitty at times its the only thing thats bothered me, although this is something i'd probably get used to.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Can't believe you started playing this without me .______.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:01 pm

The unique attacks, is it like hold R1 and then the attacks are mapped to face buttons?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:29 pm

Kaio wrote:
Can't believe you started playing this without me .______.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Jim10

Skip wrote:
The unique attacks, is it like hold R1 and then the attacks are mapped to face buttons?

No, you select them with left/right on the d-pad and just press R1 to use them like a third attack button. That way, you can use them in your combos.

Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Oh that's cool.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:43 pm

I'm up to Wapol now and there's already a decent handful learned too. Pretty coo'.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:59 pm

Fuck you guys, stop playing the game without me!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Skip wrote:

You switch unique attacks with direction buttons, i got a feeling there's loads of them.

Also Kaio you can't play online until you finish the buggy fight.

I've beaten Don Krieg which was pretty epic and to clarify crew attacks you basically can tag adn use your crew mate for a few seconds its pretty cool way to chain combos. Don't be mislead though, this has good move variety but i think combo potential is less then ken's rage which actually pretty much had all the typical cancels, i'll see if combo cancelling works when i'm at a higher level.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Just in case you guys didn't realise I had super high expectations for this game and i have to say it surpassed them. I can say this as a DW fan. Kaio would also be happy to know I have not seen the word nakama in subs yet and they call arlong a fishman.

You switch between characters mid stage and there is no loading its seamless, its fucking awesome TBH. no frame rate drops for me whatsoever and i mean regardless of enemy account and this is probably the best looking game I've seen with cell-shading. As in this looks like a 3D one piece world which is freaking sexy as hell.

Camera is behaving itself I think there was an issue on one of the buggy stages but i think that was because you have to do certain stages. Only issue is nami's outfit not being right, but her outfit was fucking ugly at the beginning so i prefer the one she wears in this.

Basically two types of stages action and musou. Musou you have to capture zones similar to previous dynasty warriors games, luffy is so fucking fast its not even funny traversing the battle field is a joke even if you go from one side to the other it does not take long. Action stages have QTE travel but it is done really well as are the QTE in boss fights, possibly some of my favourite QTEs in a game. Especially considering how loads of gaems made me hate them recently.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:32 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Also Kaio you can't play online until you finish the buggy fight.

It's still high treason.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:49 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaio would also be happy to know I have not seen the word nakama in subs yet and they call arlong a fishman.

Although, 'Nakama' is on the back of the game's case. But, obviously, they were trying to be cute.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:53 am

Y'know, that Alabasta adventure level wasn't all that bad. it was actually kind of fun. Also, the Crocodile boss fight was bitchin'.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:56 pm

OK, i've only levelled Luffy and i'm trying to hold off multiplayer till you guys coop with me. Also going to try my best not to go through the solo campaign. Luckily i got other stuff to play. Keep in mind how much i love this though so i hope you guys are getting this soon.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:01 pm

So can you choose who to play with in the story mode (or whatever it's called) or are you always Luffy?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Kaio wrote:
So can you choose who to play with in the story mode (or whatever it's called) or are you always Luffy?
In story mode you play as Luffy, but if there is a significant fight, you switch to whoever had that fight.

I've only fought as Zoro like twice i think, Sanji once. Zoro's scenes were epic and extremely well done. Sanji's one scene was one i forgot about altogether adn was more then a little underwhelming.

Oh and thats not including the crew attack system which is basically a tag move so you can use the crew's basic combos. As yet I've not fought as nami at all, and ussop i've only tagged in.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I didn't even realise. There probably is a good reason for that, seeing as Ussop is only really notable when he is sogeking and nami post climatact. I guess we'll find out when we do there logs in multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:10 pm

There's one bit where you play as Usopp during the part where he fights Luffy after the whole Merry argument. The game tries to totally troll you by having the camera start behind Luffy, then it slowly rotates around to Usopp. It's actually a neat boss fight since you have to use your various tricks laid out throughout the field to do any good damage against Luffy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Hell yes we can make an online crew, I've yet to understand the point, its most likely a buddy list. But we can now be elitist, seeing as there is only 5 slots in each persons crew, actually we'll find out when there is 7 of us. So if you take forever to get this you might miss out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:27 pm

How much of the story will this game tell me considering all I really know is that some special fruit gives you powers and shit but you can never swim anymore.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Neo wrote:
How much of the story will this game tell me considering all I really know is that some special fruit gives you powers and shit but you can never swim anymore.
It will give you enough of a jist to care. Most of the epic moments are there. The story is presented as a look back on the two years, so they give you a reason why they headed somewhere and are treated to cutscenes leading you through the events. I think the game is really well presented. Definitely stuff is missing but enough to enjoy. Ken's Rage definitely did a better job of pretty much giving you the whole story but that game was cutscene heavy.

I'd say by playing the game you will definitely realise why everyone loves Zoro. Luffy has a lot of epic moments to, but considering in the main log you aren't even really playing as zoro much, he's just portrayed amazingly in it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:35 pm

oh yeah here is a list of what they released DLC wise for the japanese version:

•22 march : Costume Hancock + new scenario (recommanded level: 30)
•29 march : Costume Sanji Kimono + new scenario (recommanded level : 35)
•5 april : Costume Robin Kimono + new scenario (recommanded level : 35)
•12 april : Costume Chopper Kimono + new scenario (recommanded level : 40)
•19 april : Costume Nami Strong World +new scenario (recommanded level : 40)
•26 april : Costume Ussop Kimono + new scenario (with really strong ennemies : recommanded level: 50)
•3 may : Costume Ace Strong World + new scenario (hardest scenario of the game)

I'll also add that online has been lagless and its very likely i will get the dlc if its not overpriced.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:41 pm

So basically every character has its own log?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:48 pm

Yes, even luffy has another log to i think. So basically they all have there own campaign, but no cutscenes its just all there battles I think, i dunno maybe playing olnline cuts out that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next