Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy VII

Go down 
+8
Talking Sock
Kimarous
Zero
Haseoviawesome
Maskull
Baal
SimianWonder
Kaede
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:04 pm

Bought this game.

Just got on the train after doing the job. Looks good enough. Combat's weird, though. Seems like you have to push the attack button the moment your time's refilled. Anyone mind explaining it to me in layman's terms?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:14 pm

That's the 'Active Battle System', so rather then combat being entirely turn based you can move when your time slot is filled. The faster your character, the faster it fills, hence a realy fast character can move two or three times faster than a slow one.

IIRC, there is an option to pause the menus if you find the pace a little overwhelming.
Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:21 pm

I gave up this game once I got Cid. I used some code and I fucked up the order of things and I didn't want to restart the game.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:30 pm

SimianWonder wrote:

IIRC, there is an option to pause the menus if you find the pace a little overwhelming.

So there's a possibility to play it without the time-gauges?
Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:01 pm

How about trying it instead of asking questions? Shit, nigga un't uh.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:41 pm

Kaede wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:

So there's a possibility to play it without the time-gauges?

No, but it means that when you flick through the menus (be it item, Limit Break or whatever) then the other time gauges freeze. Like I said, I think you can do this in VII. I may be getting my FF games confused though; as much as I love FFVII it's been three or four years since I last played it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:45 pm

Just fucking get some summons and murder the shit out of everything using those. They're basically gamebreakers.

Especially Bahamut Zero and Knights of the Round.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:57 pm

NaoDog wrote:
Especially Bahamut Zero and Knights of the Round.

Yeah, because you can get those at the start of the game, right?
Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:58 pm

With CWCheat you can with CWCheat
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:58 pm

You get Bahamut Zero in the second or third disc of the fucking game.

And even then Ifrit and Shiva will dot he job just fucking fine.
Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Um, if I remember correctly, Shiva and Ifrit get negated by two or three bosses..
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:00 pm

No, no they do not. I remember using those two against like every freaking boss in the first disc.
Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:02 pm

Yes, yes they do fgt. I just played it recently. Not only that even some enemies can resist Ice and Fire. such a dutty beetch
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:03 pm

Bullshit and you know it.
Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:04 pm

Your brain is bullshit. Your EXISTENCE IS BULLSHIT. PROVE ME WRONG.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:05 pm

I'm posting.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:06 pm

i like FF9 because it could *technically* be called a multiplayer game.

you can assign characters to either controller slot so a freind can control part of the party (or if you have a splitter you can have one controller per character)

well... that AND the awesome story.
Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:06 pm

Shuddup AI BOT.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:08 pm

NaoDog wrote:
You get Bahamut Zero in the second or third disc of the fucking game.

It's a three disc game. Bahamut and Neo Bahamut come long before Zero, and Zero requires considerably more effort to get.

Quote :
And even then Ifrit and Shiva will do the job just fucking fine.

They're fine against most bosses, but they're too MP heavy to spam non stop. Unless you're using some kind of cheat device, in which case then any bitching about game balancing is rendered null and void.
Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:11 pm

Final Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIEL
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:12 pm

Quote :
It's a three disc game

Oh, it was three discs, wasn't it? I mistook it for FF8 and FF9 both having four discs.

Quote :
Zero requires considerably more effort to get.

BULLSHIT. I got Zero after going into space thanks to Cid's rocket. Which is far less difficult than training up a fucking gold chocobo to get Knights of the Round.

Quote :
They're fine against most bosses, but they're too MP heavy to spam non stop.

Really? I didn't notice because the boss always died before I could lose that much MP.
Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Final Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIELFinal Fantasy VII FLIPINDARAZIEL
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:19 pm

why did i get flipped?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:19 pm

Quote :
BULLSHIT. I got Zero after going into space thanks to Cid's rocket. Which is far less difficult than training up a fucking gold chocobo to get Knights of the Round.

Read the whole sentence again; Bahamut and Neo Bahamut come long before Zero, and Zero requires considerably more effort to get.

Was it not obvious that I was referring to Zero Bahamut alongside regular and Neo? I was not including KotR in that statement. Obviously KotR is the hardest of all to get, because it's game breakingly powerful. Hell, they had to add two new uber-Weapons into the US and PAL games so that it was at least worthwhile going through the hours of chocobo breeding / racing required.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:26 pm

Quote :
Was it not obvious that I was referring to Zero Bahamut alongside regular and Neo?

Not really, because he's a storyline summon. Or at least I got him during the storyline. I don't remember if the other Bahamut's were storyline or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Final Fantasy VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next