Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy VII

Go down 
+8
Talking Sock
Kimarous
Zero
Haseoviawesome
Maskull
Baal
SimianWonder
Kaede
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:32 pm

chocobo summon has two different animations and damage/status effect possibilities

regular chocobo does good damage with the confuse effect
fat chocobo does heavy damage and inflicts stop, if i remember correctly
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 2:58 pm

Kaede wrote:
Or not.

And now I can't get to Junon Harbour because of that fucking snake!

Snake? You mean the boss at the shore?

You'll need Barrett in your party, and give Cloud the Long Range Materia that you picked up from the caves. If you didn't get it, go back and do so, it makes this fight so much easier. (The materia is partially obscured, so is easily missed. WHen you're in the mine, there are a set of steps leading to a treasure chest, and some vines going off the screen. Climb the vines to find the materia.) Use Aeris as your mage (she has the highest Magic skill) for healing and attacking. The boss also gets a reasonably strong water attack that hits the whole party when it dies, so try to keep your health up. For reference, this guy has about 2500 health, but it's not difficult once Cloud and Barrett both get stuck in.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:19 pm

Red has more MP than Aeris, so I'd rather use him. He can also equip more Materia. Then again, Aeris has am awesome Limit Break.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Use whoever you're more comfortable with. Aeris is very much a support character, whereas Red can be whatever you want him to be; his strength is high enough that he can rival Cloud for physical damage, and properly equipped he's a very decent magic user too. In fact, my game party usually consists of Cloud, Red and...well, someone else.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:46 pm

my usual party consists of yuffie (for her 'death to the living' limit break)
cloud for omni slash, and cid for his bajillion hit airship limit break (or tifa for her supercombo as well)

with any of these i can deal WAAAAAY more than 9999 damage total due to the multiple hits allowing you to shred bosses with ease *take THAT emerald and ruby weapons*

and against a 9999 damage 15-hit omnislash safer sephiroth dies in the first turn (hardest videogame boss my ASS)
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:53 pm

Yeah, Cid was my other, though this early in the game, I doubt overcoming the damage limit is bothering Kuriri too much...

Also, who ever said Safer Seph was hard? He's moderately tough at most, but a well equipped team will beat him easily, and any party that's beaten Ruby and Emerald weapon will squash Seph like a bug.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 10:47 pm

-_-

I couldn't beat him. That must mean I wasn't well prepared.

That, And I was impatient as a motherfucker. Charging in at level 60-something with a team of my favorites (Tifa & Vincent)
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:55 am

Rockstar_Bob wrote:
-_-

I couldn't beat him. That must mean I wasn't well prepared.

That, And I was impatient as a motherfucker. Charging in at level 60-something with a team of my favorites (Tifa & Vincent)
that team isnt half bad, you just need break (to remove his wall status) and i beat him the first time at lvl 63 or something, the hard way--after i beat the game i went through and got KotR and all the utimate weapons/limit breaks,
got the best materia combos and ate emerald and ruby ALIVE (they are so easy once you know what you're doing.)
Back to top Go down
Robzooo
Deck Hand
Robzooo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:13 pm

I found killing safer sephiroth at 60 easier then at lvl 99 with KOTR.

Then again easier may be the wrong word more like longer.
How was I supposed to know he gained extra hp for each lvl 99 party member and a large boost for KOTR?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:20 pm

Not like it matters, Knight of the Round would trash him anyways.
Back to top Go down
Robzooo
Deck Hand
Robzooo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:25 pm

It took alot of KOTR
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Seriously?

I used KotR like twice and he went down.

Then again I had it on Cloud at Level 99 with it maxed out.
Back to top Go down
Robzooo
Deck Hand
Robzooo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:32 pm

How many 99 characters did you have?

On a separate note am I the only one who beat the last form of sephiroth using counter materia? Seriously lame Razz
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Like three.

Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent.

Although upon reflection I would've rather had Yuffie than Vincent.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:30 am

I'd rather has Vincet. He has red and he shoots guns. Very Happy Just like Dante. Cool
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:34 am

Except the only thing cool about Vincent is he's voiced by Steve Blum. He's a pretty boring character otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:36 am

....Yeah...And you have to go through shit just to get him too. >_> And you find him in a coffin...A fucking coffin. -_- Atleast Dante had style...Jesus.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:41 am

At least Yuffie's presence initiates the best mission in the game. She steals your fucking materia and you're forced to go mano-a-mano with everything you come across. AND I KICKED EVERYTHING'S ASS, EVEN THE FUCKING BOSS.

I appreciate Yuffie for that because I had forgotten how powerful my characters are when they're not using the fucking materia.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:43 am

I never did beat her personal mission thingy. The one where she has to beat her dad to get a special thingy. >_> Again, I'm impatient as a motherfucker and go charging in as soon as the text goes away. XD
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:47 am

I always loved doing missions in Wutai.

They were usually the best ones.

No Materia, Save Yuffie from Corneo's disgusting hands, and then take down the Pagoda guys.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:59 am

Doesnt one omni slash take him out, maxed out.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Final fantasy 5-9 are 4 pound each on PSN sale. I've got to say i'm tempted to pick up them despite having FF6-9, already on disc (no clue where they are though).

FF5 any good?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
L Ron Hubbard
Chalupa Batman MacArthur
L Ron Hubbard

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Get VI.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scientology.org
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Don't get V on the PS version, download an emulator or something and get the GBA version, it's like the best version of the game.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Started playing this again, and just reached Red XIII (or whatever). Can't wait for the blood trail scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII   Final Fantasy VII - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9