Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Go down 
+6
Superbuu3
Kaede
Eevil-Psycho
Baal
brandon
Casa
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Empty
PostSubject: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:44 am

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes R57Nc

That's real time.

The FOX engine looks amazing. Looks like Kojima's gonna lead the way for the next gen technologically just like he did with MGS2 for PS2. Also there's gonna be a movie at some point.

http://kotaku.com/5939164/konami-reveals-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-it-looks-fxxking-hot
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:57 am

an open world MGS?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:33 pm

I will never not be excited for a new Metal Gear game.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:18 pm

totally forgot today was the day of this Metal Gear event..

anyways, looks great, can't wait for a trailer.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:41 pm

Baal wrote:
I will never not be excited for a new Metal Gear game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Quote :
The demo was running on a PC at current-gen specs, and its wow-factor seemed to impress those in attendance. It's also been designed with the Xbox 360 and PS3 in mind.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:09 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Quote :
The demo was running on a PC at current-gen specs, and its wow-factor seemed to impress those in attendance. It's also been designed with the Xbox 360 and PS3 in mind.
I can't believe that, this has got to be a next-gen console launch title or something that they're not allowed to talk about yet.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:17 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Quote :
I can't believe that, this has got to be a next-gen console launch title or something that they're not allowed to talk about yet.
Its quite clear that PCs are just falling behind as usual.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:21 pm

Obviously.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:05 pm

Um. Wow.

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:05 am

I'm throwing my money at the computer and nothing's happening, WHY?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 4:02 am

i'm excited for it already
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:33 pm

nice.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:20 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Quote :

Lol, neo and his PC elitism:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/01/pax-2012-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-is-coming-to-ps3/
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:34 am

You understand that this is far worse news for console gamers than it is for people who play on PC?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:40 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
You understand that this is far worse news for console gamers than it is for people who play on PC?
If there are no missing features why would i care, I'm a huge MGS fan.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:50 am

Because one way or another the game will have to be gimped to run on 8 year old hardware. Whether this is through less complex AI, number of concurrent events onscreen, less complex systems or something arguably less important like visuals the game, while almost guaranteed to be good, will not be what it could have been were it designed with next-gen consoles and PCs in mind. PC as a platform will always evolve and have games made for it, this just holds consoles back.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 8:11 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
Because one way or another the game will have to be gimped to run on 8 year old hardware. Whether this is through less complex AI, number of concurrent events onscreen, less complex systems or something arguably less important like visuals the game, while almost guaranteed to be good, will not be what it could have been were it designed with next-gen consoles and PCs in mind. PC as a platform will always evolve and have games made for it, this just holds consoles back.
Never had a problem with AI in any of the MGS games, can't imagine that would be a problem now.

Number of concurrent events on screen I can see as being a potential problem, but i guess we'll see when it comes out. Never really felt that was an issue in the MGS series, considering how much 4 had going on in it, when you ran across the battlefields (i think it was chapter 2).
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 8:20 am

The point isn't that the game or anything in it will be bad, because I don't think it will, it's that it could be better.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
The point isn't that the game or anything in it will be bad, because I don't think it will, it's that it could be better.
Also could take much longer to release.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Considering that half the industry seems focused on churning out crap as quickly as possible I don't really think that's a problem. Also as long as the time is spent making the game better than it would otherwise be who really cares? It's not like Anarchy Reigns which was literally delayed for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 5:06 pm

I don't know why anyone's acting like Kojima's game have ever sacrificed gameplay and content for great graphics. It might be one thing if it's another company, but it's not like Hideo Kojima's ever had a problem with releasing his games a good few years apart on major consoles.

EDIT:

The Life and Times of Big Boss
Spoiler:

Last edited by Baal on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 5:16 pm

apparently, this is not MGS5 but a prologue to it:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/01/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-is-gorgeous-open-world-and-not/

so is he making 2 games then? cause he did confirm making MGS5, but now he says this ain't it. maybe MGS5 is Project Ogre then?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 5:19 pm

He confirmed that Project Ogre is completely unrelated to Metal Gear and that he's annoyed with people thinking otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Baal wrote:
I don't know why anyone's acting like Kojima's game have ever sacrificed gameplay and content for great graphics
Nobody is. I also said that visuals are the least important advantage that next generation consoles and PC have over PS3 and 360.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes   Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next