Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Empty
PostSubject: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D   Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Decided to get this just to have SE on the go, That and to keep my 3DS from collecting dust until Castlevania 3DS comes out. I love how I can now move around while crouched. It plays kinda like Peace Walker now. It even has the cross-hair when aiming in 3rd person and the blue/red circles when you attack an enemy. (Not to mention when starting a new game, You can now select "I like Peace Walker". Along with "I like MGS4" & "I like all the MGS games.")

I started a normal game under "I like Peace Walker" and then tried to start an easy one under "I like MGS2" just for the awesome intro change it has. Easy ended up over-writing Normal as I apparently only have 1 file slot for the whole thing.

The feature I am loving to death is the Photo-Camo. I took a pic of something red so I now have a pair of red jungle fatigues. I then took a pic of some-one and used them as my camo. It's a bit of a jumbled mess, though. Apparently, Each individual part of the body has it's own ...slate? ...The picture shows up on each arm, leg, and on the front and back of the body. What's more, The person as a camo has more camo index than the all-red camo... Makes sense, As there's nothing really that colour in the game (Not counting blood, Which only pops up in cutscenes and lethal attacks. Throat slitting makes the usual spray, But that's all the blood that shows. Nothing on the ground, the wall nearby, or even on the body.)

Oh yes, That reminds me. CQC has also been mapped for convenience. First, This requires a layout of the controls.

Analogue is to move, D-Pad has the gameplay functions (Down to crouch/lay flat, Left/Right to select Items/Weapons, & Up is the action button), A/B/X/Y moves the camera, L shoulder button aims the currently equipped weapon, & R shoulder button is the Fire/CQC button. (Which means free fire is gone, Forcing you to aim and then shoot.)

Now, Getting back to CQC. Once you've grabbed a person with CQC, You're treated to three icons appearing above you and three D-Pad inputs mapped to said icons. Left is to interrogate, Up is to choke, & Right is to execute (throat slit). I've yet to try using my hostage as a human shield, But I imagine it's as easy as hitting the L shoulder button to aim. I also have yet to try CQC Hold Up (dropping an enemy and then holding them up.) and I imagine it shouldn't be all that difficult either as the camera dictates where you initially aim rather than where Snake happens to be looking.

So far, I've gotten to the desert area. I've just gotten Tsuchi and am about to meet up with someone before fighting a flame-thrower wielding astronaut. I'm quite hooked, Though I do have an issue with having to fiddle around with the camera every once in a while just to get the aim right. Oh well, I've dealt with it thus far. I'll deal with all the up to the final draw with Ocey.

While it may not be as good as the PS2/HD version, It still has some awesome features that make it worth having (Not to mention seeing some of the cutscenes in 3D is just fucking awesome.)

And yes, The Kerotan Frogs have been replaced by Yoshi with quite a few being relocated to different parts of the various maps. I assume there still are 64 of them (Almost one for every area of the game, Including the bike chase segments), And some of them are still in the same spots as the Kerotans before. The camo for aiding in finding the Kerotans (Uniform/GA-KO) is now (Uniform/Fruit). ...Super Mario World fans should be quite familiar with the pattern. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D   Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:48 pm

I have a confession; I've played MGS countless times, MGS2 at least three or four times, and MGS4 five or six times. Thing is, I've never played MGS3 to completion. Yes, I know, I know.

Having recently plowed through MGS4 I now find myself once again considering MGS3, yet one question remains - Do I opt for the version in the HD collection even though I have no interest in replaying MGS2 (I still have my PS2 copy), or do I go for the 3DS version? The demo for the 3D version was really quite impressive, but I'm undecided if I'd rather play on a larger screen, even if it means losing the sense of depth.

Answers on a postcard to...
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D   Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:50 pm

if you want peace walker too get the hd collection
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D   Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 4:52 am

SimianWonder wrote:
I have a confession; I've played MGS countless times, MGS2 at least three or four times, and MGS4 five or six times. Thing is, I've never played MGS3 to completion. Yes, I know, I know.

Having recently plowed through MGS4 I now find myself once again considering MGS3, yet one question remains - Do I opt for the version in the HD collection even though I have no interest in replaying MGS2 (I still have my PS2 copy), or do I go for the 3DS version? The demo for the 3D version was really quite impressive, but I'm undecided if I'd rather play on a larger screen, even if it means losing the sense of depth.

Answers on a postcard to...

Right, The Pros and Cons of each:

HD Collection

PROS wrote:
Comes with extra Meal Gear Solid games (Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance & Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, It also comes with the original MSX games (Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, officially translated and included in the game's main menu). Making it 4 extra Metal Gear games on one disc.

Multiple Saves for Multiple Gameplays (I.E., One for Easy Mode and One for European Extreme)

Comes with DLC camos that are unlocked after beating a game under the "I like MGS3" setting. Included in said set are Rainbow, Mummy, & other fun and sometimes useless camos.

It's basically the same PS2 Snake Eater we've all played and loved, Given an HD touch-up.

CONS wrote:
Noticeable lag in certain areas of certain cutscenes.

It's basically the same PS2 Snake Eater we've all played and loved. So if you've already played the PS2 version, Then you've already played it. But it DOES have a nice HD touch-up now.

Snake Eater 3D

PROS wrote:
Snake Eater on the go.

Kerotan Frogs replaced with Yoshis and rearranged in different locations.

Cutscenes in 3D are absolutely amazing.

Gameplay is similar to Peace Walker, Allowing you to walk while crouched. You can also choose whatever CQC maneuver you want to perform once you grab someone. (Icons will appear overhead, Telling you to Press Left on D-Pad to do this or Press Up on D-Pad to do that.)

In-Game PhotoCamo is a blast to use, Take a picture of your dog and use it as camo to blend in with whatever background closely matches the colour of your dog.

Changed up gameplay mechanics to match the 3DS' capabilities. (I.E., Balancing your 3DS while you're walking across a tree branch)

CONS wrote:
Only one saveslot for every playthrough ever. But you can change the difficulty and "I like MGS(?)" setting after beating the current playthrough.

Controls are weird as all hell. You move Snake with the analogue, The camera with the X/Y/B/A buttons, & perform the other functions on the rest of the buttons. You absolutely MUST hold L before firing a weapon, Thus free fire is gone. But the inclusion of over-the-shoulder aiming with Peace Walker cross-hairs are included to off-set this.

Changed up gameplay mechanics that bring out the most inconvenient capabilities of the 3DS. (I.E., Balancing your 3DS while moving across a tree branch WHILE IN A MOVING CAR)

...So, From I can be bothered to remember, Those are basically all the Pros and Cons of each version. Happy Shopping~
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D   Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:27 am

Thanks Bob.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D   Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:17 pm

Anything that decides to add in balancing controls should just plain be avoided.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D   Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:25 pm

To be fair, I didn't struggle at all with the 3ds controls whilst playing the demo though whether that would hold true for later stages and boss battles is another matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D   Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Page 1 of 1