Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection

Go down 
+8
Talking Sock
Rockstar_Sinistar
Kaede
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
Casa
Rosalyn_86
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rosalyn_86
First Mate
Rosalyn_86

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Empty
PostSubject: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:24 am

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection OPn

Oh my. What could that be? Every single main story Metal Gear game in one? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Kojima tweeted this:

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection IS7uJVi

Apparently it's all four numbered games and Peace Walker.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Twin Snakes, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4 and Peace Walker. I gotta say though, I'm surprised they got Twin Snakes given that I'm sure Konami had some deal with Nintendo about it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:36 pm

It could just be a bundle with physical versions of each game for all the original platforms they were on. I'm sure another series did that recently.
Back to top Go down
Rosalyn_86
First Mate
Rosalyn_86

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 8:22 am

Shame the voice acting was less amusing in Twin Snakes. Be a good time to get into the games since they're putting them all together in one pack.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:52 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It could just be a bundle with physical versions of each game for all the original platforms they were on. I'm sure another series did that recently.

Square did this for every main FF game, although a lot of those games that didn't originate on the Playstation were put on PS1 discs because of stuff like PS1 rereleases and I believe 3 was debuted there as a PSP game when it had never been one before. That being said, that's completely what I expected except for Peace Walker since they already have it for PS3 now and they can just go ahead and slap it on a disc if they want. Also, Twin Snakes Solid Snake is up there so I'd imagine they're remaking Twin Snakes for HD since they want MGS1 to be there too, but want to put something "New" on there rather than just slap the PS1 MGS1 and call it a day.

Who knows with this series though?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 12:39 pm

General consensus was MGS1 > MGS:TS

So thats not a good thing.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 12:49 pm

The only reason for that is that people don't like the cutscenes of Twin Snakes because they're far more over the top (Snake jumping on a missile and all sorts of other goofy stuff). MGS fans seem to exist in this realm where everything is always super serious except it's always very tongue in cheek too. There's nothing wrong with Twin Snakes mechanically, it uses MGS2's gameplay and allows you actually aim your shots like MGS2.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 1:51 pm

I liked Twin Snake's cutscenes. MGS is really silly, so it was all fun.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 7:51 pm

Snaaaaake~~~ ...We're no longer pixelated with PS1 graphics~~
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Baal wrote:
The only reason for that is that people don't like the cutscenes of Twin Snakes because they're far more over the top (Snake jumping on a missile and all sorts of other goofy stuff). MGS fans seem to exist in this realm where everything is always super serious except it's always very tongue in cheek too. There's nothing wrong with Twin Snakes mechanically, it uses MGS2's gameplay and allows you actually aim your shots like MGS2.

Given the structure of levels and guards. MGS1 was not designed with those mechanics in mind. Players commented on the game being ridiculously easy compared to the original. Complaints weren't solely based on cutscenes. You're making it sound like people are being haters for one reason alone. Games being broken because the mechanics make the game a joke is not suprising to leave a negative impression.

If the voice acting was changed to its hardly suprising it would've received criticism. If you're going to update a game you can't just update the controls and reskin you need to make adjustments to the game to compensate for Snakes new found abilities. Hell CQC in MGS1 or 2 would probably break the games.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:03 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Baal wrote:

Given the structure of levels and guards. MGS1 was not designed with those mechanics in mind. Players commented on the game being ridiculously easy compared to the original. Complaints weren't solely based on cutscenes. You're making it sound like people are being haters for one reason alone. Games being broken because the mechanics make the game a joke is not suprising to leave a negative impression.

If the voice acting was changed to its hardly suprising it would've received criticism. If you're going to update a game you can't just update the controls and reskin you need to make adjustments to the game to compensate for Snakes new found abilities. Hell CQC in MGS1 or 2 would probably break the games.

The problem is that yes, MGS1 was not made with those mechanics in mind and it may be easier, but who honestly cares? A game being more difficult does not inherently make it better and really MGS1's mechanics are extremely dated. The game has perfectly fine mechanics, the game is not broken any more so than any other MGS game and really, do you find it hard to believe that MGS fans would hate on a game solely because it breaks whatever flimsy immersion they have? They're the same people who condemn MGS4 because it had a stupid story and MGR because it was a spin-off that no longer had stealth, despite being a spin off. These are ignoring the fact that MGS4 had some of the best mechanics the series had (Octocamo, Crouch Walking, CQC being at its best) and MGR is a very fun game made by one of the best game developers out there that still fits very well into the themes of the series.

Twin Snakes is a fine game, it is not perfect by any means and it is incredibly easy, but a game being easy does not make it inherently bad. There are very few hard games out there that stay hard even when you figure out their gimmicks or are hard intentionally. The voice acting has the exact same voice actors too, it just doesn't have the outrageous accents from the original game and really the series stuck through with that voice acting and used the voice clips from Twin Snakes for MGS4's MGS1 flash backs, so it's not like Konami's even tossed it out.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:56 am

Considering you're a guy who completes games on there hardest settings baal. That sounds like BS, you'd be plenty annoyed with games being stupidly easy. I'm sure it would seriously kill replay value for you. If you could have got through MGRR, without using the combos/block/parry/dodge functions and just hamfisting your way through everything the game would've seemed shit.

You know as well as I do that the vocal haters of a game are rarely representative of the general consensus. Admittedly I had heard people complain about the cutscenes, but people usually had more reasons then the ones you are stating.

Honestly I'm not really fussed which version of the game is in the collection. I still have my PS1 version of the game and i really doubt this is getting released overseas either way. I guess if we get a digital release of MGS:TS I'll grab it either way as I'd play it at least once.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 11:04 am

Yeah, the thing is though, there's like no MGS game that requires you to do one thing then you win. Twin Snakes is easy, but it's not like you do one thing the whole game and it wins you the game, every MGS game requires you to do more than shoot stuff. Beyond that, do you know that some of the games out there that I've completed on hard are dumb on the hardest difficulties and don't feel rewarding even after you've beaten them? God of War is a wonderful example of a game series that is nothing resembling fun on harder difficulties and it's because the games aren't designed well enough to do anything other than cheese enemies on very hard. Just because I play hard games a lot doesn't mean I can't enjoy easy games so long as it comes down to one thing, they're fun.

About the haters, you'd be surprised how many people I've heard hated Twin Snakes for the cutscenes. I've had like one guy out the many I've seen actually complain about the gameplay, plenty more I've seen since I was 16 whine about how silly the cutscenes were.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:13 pm

So why do you play GoW on the hardest difficulty. I mean personally I hated the difficulties on that and never touched them, as they seemed kinda cheap. Games with new enemy types etc. on higher difficulties or attack patterns i.e. god hand are great though.
Back to top Go down
Rosalyn_86
First Mate
Rosalyn_86

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:17 pm

Playing games on hard doesn't mean you hate easy, it just means you enjoy a challenge. There are some games which are actually more enjoyable on hard since they force you to think up new tactics/try things in different ways. It makes success feel more rewarding as well. But sometimes you can't be arsed to think or just wanna take it easy anyway.

Anyway I didn't realize they were the same actors. I just heard one clip a while ago so my judgement isn't really fair.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 7:40 pm

Gray Fox is the only voice that changed, even the original Gray Fox actor came back to do some other voices he did in the original.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Rosalyn_86
First Mate
Rosalyn_86

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Quote :
Konami has now confirmed the Legacy Collection, which "will include Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition (which includes the original MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2), Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions and Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy Edition. In addition, the collection will also include two Ashley Wood digital graphic novels."

Surprised at MGS: VR Missions being included.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:32 am

I'd ask why they used the MGS Twin Snakes model for Snake in the promotional picture if they were just going to do the original Playstation one, but whatever that's a lot of cool stuff in one collection.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:29 pm

I would like this but the only reason to buy it is to get the VR missions.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:00 pm

I am dying to buy this but I already own everything. Man this sucks.

Hmmm you think they will rerelease this next gen.

They did with DMC. So I might hold off and not be mental.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 1:55 pm

Got this. I shall soon be taking my first steps into this world. My nipples are ready.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 2:33 pm

SOK wrote:
Got this. I shall soon be taking my first steps into this world. My nipples are ready.
Don't worry Bd wil take care of them.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Be gentle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection   Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next