Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recently Watched

Go down 
+24
Casa
Rman
Ntity
testtubebaby
Talking Sock
KittensOnACloud
Old School
Mishimi
L Ron Hubbard
Charlie Sheen
MustyElbow
Eevil-Psycho
Zero
Neo
Ace
SimianWonder
Baal
Kaio
Ellis
Skip
Kaede
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Dr. Chocolate
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Recently Watched - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:53 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
funnest(is that a word?)

I thought it was most fun
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 12:02 am

testtubebaby wrote:
Eevil-Psycho wrote:
funnest(is that a word?)

I thought it was most fun

Correct.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 12:25 am

Rurouni Kenshin sequels.
The second one is really good.
The third one surprised me with the flaming sword of the burning man (Shishio), and it was not a pleasant surprise.

Mortal Kombat
The new game showed 2 pokes at the movie,
Spoiler:
So yeah, the action scenes are great, the fights are fun to watch, the jokes are entertaining. It's an entertaining movie, but the story could have been better.
Back to top Go down
L Ron Hubbard
Chalupa Batman MacArthur
L Ron Hubbard

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 4:00 am

I finished watching Gurren Lagann on Toonami a couple weeks back. It was an enjoyable romp with a beautiful ending. 8.5/10 would ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scientology.org
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Dr. Faust wrote:
Rurouni Kenshin sequels.
The third one surprised me with the flaming sword of the burning man (Shishio), and it was not a pleasant surprise.

Mortal Kombat
The new game showed 2 pokes at the movie,
Spoiler:
So yeah, the action scenes are great, the fights are fun to watch, the jokes are entertaining. It's an entertaining movie, but the story could have been better.

Are you talking abou the first MK movie, Johnny Cage was freaking awesome in that.

Quote :
This is the part where you fall down

Always loved the Johnny Vs Scorpion fight in that not sure how it holds up with the test of time, but by far the best display of martial arts in the film as well as just a generally badass fight to.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Maleficent

Not what I was expecting, I genuinely really enjoyed this. It looked great in 3D, Angelina Jolie was excellent and despite being basically a retelling of an old story it did enough to keep everything fresh.

Transformers Age of Extinction

Yes, I saw it at the cinema but for some reason watching it again it was just much worse than I recall. The story is nonsense, the script is nonsense, the characters are garbage and the action scenes are so samey they just get boring after a couple have crashed by. The editing is atrocious too; in one scene I had to rewind to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but no; at the end, where Prime fights Lockdown, Mark Wahlberg runs to a piece of cover. When the camera angle shifts to a closer angle there's very clearly someone stood next to him, a member of the film crew. Utter shit.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 7:30 pm

Maleficent was indeed really good, I quite loved it myself too.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 3:09 pm

Gravity (2013)
It's a solid space movie, I was hoping to enjoy it more.

Edge of Tomorrow
It could have been shit, but it turned out to be great fun.

Tekken: Kazuya's Revenge
Tried it for six minutes once, the priest speech is bad, not sure where he wanted to go with the "I treat guests well, you could be an Angel in disguise, are you one?"
"You are going to serve me, or burn like a coward. Are you a coward?"
"I'm gonna blow you up if you displease me."
What does the priest want exactly? All those lines are from one speech, and I barely distilled it.

Thought of giving it another try, saw a few more minutes. Skip, skip, skip, skip.
Kazuya's girlfriend who was supposed to change his heart is not Jun.
Skip, skip, skip, skip.
Heihachi tells Kazuya some random stuff.
The girlfriend kisses Heihachi, then gets shot.
Fight scene ensues. Kazuya vs 2 guys.
Stop movie.
Superbuu3 wrote:
Are you talking about the first MK movie, Johnny Cage was freaking awesome in that.

Quote :
This is the part where you fall down

Always loved the Johnny Vs Scorpion fight in that not sure how it holds up with the test of time, but by far the best display of martial arts in the film as well as just a generally badass fight to.
Yep, was talking about that movie.
The display of martial arts in that film is great to look at.

Saw Annihilation again as a follow up, and it's a shame they killed Johnny too soon in that movie, and it's good to poke fun at.
It's a shame they couldn't get a fine Martial arts display for more fights than Scorpion vs Sub-Zero.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 6:49 pm

Interstellar
Spoiler:

Now You See Me
Possibly my new favorite of Louis Letterier movies.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 2:32 am

Dr. Faust wrote:
Rurouni Kenshin sequels.

Omg, I am super jealous. I haven't seen those yet. I have to make time soon. (Y)

and I totally agree, I loved maleficent! I have watched it like four times now. This is a major compliment considering I despise Angelina Jolie. I especially loved the haunting voice of Lana Del Rey's rendition of Once Upon a Dream.

1. I saw Kingsman and I absolutely loved. I would admit, I wasn't too keen at first because it seemed too silly for my liking but it worked.
You guys should definitely check out if you haven't already.

2. Cinderella. Eh.. Basically live action to Disney's animated version. It wasn't too bad but I guess after watching Maleficent, I had high hopes for it. Glad I didn't see it in theater. Wish they did a remake for the little mermaid. bounce

3. Just finished Tinkerbell and the Legend of the Neverbeast. Hands down the best Tinkerbell movie yet and its not because I love animals--okay maybe I am a tiny-bit biased but it was so touching! <3

Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 3:14 am

I recently saw As Above, So Below, a spooky horror film set in the Parisian catacombs. It follows an archaeologist's hunt for the philosopher's stone. Despite not generally caring much about horror, I really liked this. I think it was probably because of the setting.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Antman

Not bad, not really good either. It was enjoyable, I wasn't bored. There's 2 end credits scenes, the first one was predictable, the second one was a teaser for civil war.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 2:53 pm

I really liked Antman - much more than I thought I would. Edgar Wright's influence is noticeable, though it'd likely have been better with him more involved. The fact that it didn't take itself seriously what-so-ever was integral to it being enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 11:37 am

so I watched As Above, So Below as well, it is really good.

minor thing that bugged me though, there's this girl they meet when entering the club looking for Papillon and she's all mysterious and shit, and then you see her again down in the catacombs, and you get one small glimpse of what I think was her when George dies... but I don't quite get what the idea with her was, what was her relevance in all of it?

Other then that, really enjoyed it, leaves some stuff unanswered or unexplained which I don't always like but I didn't really mind it in this.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 1:47 pm

The 1978 Dawn of the Dead.

Oh my fucking god does this movie go on for too long. It has some cool ideas, and I get that it was groundbreaking, but it has serious pacing issues.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Dawn of the dead is a good movie considering its age, but yeah its fucking long.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 3:08 pm

I wish they kept the ending as they originally intended. Would've been way more of a shocker.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 12:14 pm

I really enjoyed Ant Man, CGI for changing sizes was nuts. Also I will never look at Thomas the same way again.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 11:21 pm

Fantastic Four

I don't know why I went to see it. Even Stan Lee didn't seem to wanna be in it.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 11:07 am

The Theory of Everything

Based on a book by Stephen Hawking's ex-wife, it is meant to be a story based on his early life but it felt more like her saying how unfair her life had been.  She marries him young, thinking he's only got two years to live, he carries on living, they have three children and she has to look after all of them on her own for the most part, and when she does get a nurse to help out after thirty odd years he leaves his wife for the nurse.  

Oh, and in the meantime he's breaking new ground with theories about quantum physics and black holes.

If the film had focussed more on his work rather than his love-life, it would have been more interesting.  It was ultimately well-acted but pretty dull.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 6:55 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
Fantastic Four

Opinions?

I was avoiding this. Obviously no spoilers, but was it essentially everything we've seen before and a pointless reboot? Also are Sue Storm and Jonny Storm brother and sister in this? I'm curious how they explained that.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 7:54 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Eevil-Psycho wrote:
Fantastic Four

Opinions?

I was avoiding this. Obviously no spoilers, but was it essentially everything we've seen before and a pointless reboot? Also are Sue Storm and Jonny Storm brother and sister in this? I'm curious how they explained that.

I've avoided it as well, reviews were uniformly awful and the trailers weren't exactly enticing. As for Johhny and Sue, I'd assumed that Sue was adopted in this adaptation.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 10:04 pm

Yeah, Sue was adopted indeed. She's also from Kosovo.

As far as the movie went, it was really about not a whole lot of things. Reed invents something to transport to another dimension, they go, shit goes wrong, they get powers, Doom wants to destroy the world, they conquer Doom, end of movie.

As far as characters go, we've got Ben not being happy with his power and Johnny thinking it's awesome and the other 2 just want to cure it. (I don't know where I've seen that before)
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 6:08 pm

I just watched Kingsman: The Secret Service and Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. Really liked both, but I preferred the former. Just a really fun movie.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 9:01 pm

Kingsman was great, I think I've said it here before somewhere, but the fight scene in the church is absolutely brilliant. From both cinematic point of view as well as being just quite entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched
Page 18 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next