Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Empty
PostSubject: So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...   So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:24 pm

...and it's not as bad as I remember. For the most part it's a pretty decent film, especially the first half hour or so. There was also a lot less digital work than I thought there was, with the under water part being the only lengthy scene with digital aliens. Apart from the that it was just the odd shot here and there where a real alien would have blatantly looked like a guy in a suit.

It does get worse as it goes on though. Ripley cracking one-liners and then walking out of frame gets old quickly.

Ripley: There's a monster inside of you.
Guy: Who are you?
Ripley: I'm the monster's mother. *walks off screen*

Guy: I heard you ran into these things before. What did you do?
Ripley: I died. *walks off screen*

Ripley: "pulls out alien's tongue and gives it to girl* It'll make a good souvenir. *walks off screen*

Girl: How could you do that? It's like killing your own kind.
Ripley: It was in my way. *walks off screen*

Ripley: *throws basketball into basket behind behind her without looking and walks off screen*

And the alien/human thing at the end just looks stupid. I thought the whole idea of the normal alien was that it was a human hybrid to begin with? The face-hugger impregnates a human, you get a human-esque alien. It impregnates a dog (or a bull, depending on which version of Alien 3 you watch), you get a different kind of alien. The newborn in Resurrection was just retarded though. It had boobs for crying out loud, I couldn't take it seriously. The eyes were good, but the face and everything else was just silly.

It was also stupid how that black guy died. It was like they were desperate to kill off the balck guy, no matter how stupidly. He only got his face burned a bit, that's it. But for some reason he had to sacrifice himself because he was apparently a lost cause because of it. And even then all he does is fall into some water with a dead alien. His face was burned a bit, and he fell in some water, and then he was just dead for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...   So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:41 pm

could you not take it seriously cause you were busy staring at its boobs
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...   So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Apparently it had genitals as well originally, but they digitally removed them.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...   So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:51 pm

for me alien will always be one of the best sci fi horrors ever
and aliens will be one of the best action movies ever

i rather forget the other two there just dreadful
Back to top Go down
DeeCee
Skypiea Priest
DeeCee

PostSubject: Re: So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...   So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:00 pm

when the acid burnt the guy's face, he became paralyzed somewhere. But dont worry, after he dropped in the water, he became a CSI.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...   So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:01 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
for me alien will always be one of the best sci fi horrors ever
and aliens will be one of the best action movies ever

i rather forget the other two there just dreadful
Yeah, I remembered Resurrection as being dreadful, but it's not. It's alright. And I quite like Alien 3, although I haven't watched it in a while.
Back to top Go down
zeik2012
Deck Hand
zeik2012

PostSubject: Re: So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...   So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:42 am

Alien the original movie was awesome but the other ones that followed could never grasp what the first one did and that was trip you the hell out. I mean the most you saw of the alien throughout the movie was it's head. Your mind just ended up filling in the rest.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...   So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:59 pm

well the first one relied on you fearing the unknown enemy
thing was all up in your face in the others
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...   So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:58 pm

The first film has dated now, and while it'll be remembered as a bona fide classic, it's actually not that scary by today's standards. Aliens is still great, Alien 3 is alright, and Ressurection had some good ideas but was ultimately a poor third sequel.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...   So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Alien was scary partly because it was just a good horror film, but also, and this is probably the major factor, because it was something people had never seen before. But everything about it is so well known now that it's impossible to view it like that, so it doesn't hold up as well.

Aliens holds up because it's a special effects action extravaganza, and it's still awesome by today's standards, because it's all real. Stop motion, digital effects, etc... all date pretty badly, but puppets don't. Well, good ones at least. The Queen is still amazing, but Alien 3's puppets look really odd. Even the guys in rubber suits still look fantastic, and are more active and look better in motion than the aliens in the subsequent films.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...   So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:19 pm

yeah i agree with you there

cgi most of the time just looks out of place blade 2 being a good example of how badly cgi can age
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...   So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Blade 2 aged fine last time I saw. The bad shots looked bad even when it was released. The full digital doubles for the actors look a bit off, the Reaper jaws still look great.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...   So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:40 pm

oh we're probably talking about the same thing

when i watched it in the cinema it didn't look so bad when i watched it on dvd it was already looking shitty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...   So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I watched Alien Resurrection again recently...
Page 1 of 1