Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recently Watched

Go down 
+24
Casa
Rman
Ntity
testtubebaby
Talking Sock
KittensOnACloud
Old School
Mishimi
L Ron Hubbard
Charlie Sheen
MustyElbow
Eevil-Psycho
Zero
Neo
Ace
SimianWonder
Baal
Kaio
Ellis
Skip
Kaede
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Dr. Chocolate
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Recently Watched - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:07 am

Attack the Block

Would have been alright if I gave a shit about the characters. Basically some aliens land and attack a tower block in south London. But the first thing you see in the film is the main characters (a bunch of chav kids) mugging a woman. So instantly I don't care about them. I want them the aliens to kill them. They barely even bothered to justify the behavior with some kind of sob story. The main kid gets a bit of one, but basically they're just kids who mug people for fun.

I was rooting for the aliens.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 2:22 am

I quit watching that movie ten minutes in because I couldn't understand a thing they were saying.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Dead Mine

Indonesian horror movie (English spoken). kind of like a cross between Indiana Jones and The Descent.

wasn't too bad, kind of a cliché adventure/horror story; a team goes looking or a lost treasure, ends up being trapped in a mine, and it appears they aren't alone in the mine and there's some creatures living there.

not really that scary, and the ending was quite abrupt leaving you with no clue as to what happened to 2 of the characters. or well, no clue... you can pretty much guess what happened to them I suppose.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:00 pm

Hangover III.

Worst movie of the three, nevertheless, I had some laughs so it wasn't a complete waste.
6.7/10
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:26 am

Finally saw Up. So good. Funnier than I expected too.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:05 pm

Peter Jackson's Braindead (or Dead Alive in the US).

been ages since I've seen it... really love it, it's so hilariously gory.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:46 pm

I recently saw Looper and it was really good. Interesting concept and it really went off into unexpected territory, which was nice.

Only problem was that JGL was wearing makeup or prosthetics or something that changed his face, to make him look more like a younger Bruce Willis. Except it didn't. All it did was distract me because I know what JGL is supposed to look like and he looked different. It was really unnecessary. You can just tell me that he's a young Bruce Willis and I'll buy it, no need to make him look weird.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:36 pm

Now You See Me

pretty good movie, had me thinking all the way throughout what was really happening and never really figured it out myself. the way they handled it in the end was a bit of a disappointment though. it's always the guy you'd least expect that's the mastermind and I should've probably known it.

that said, it was pretty entertaining throughout, and it had me wondering what "magic tricks" these guys used to do all the stuff they did, and it's nice you get an explanation of everything too.

the thing that really surprised me though, at the beginning of the movie, this guy's showing a card trick to some people, and someone had to watch for a certain card. and i was kind of like: you know what, i'm gonna pick a card too just for fun. and then when he finally reveals the card the girl in the audience was supposed to pick, it turned out it was the same one I chose. and that was a neat little touch, I didn't expect to have a trick pulled on me..but that definitely worked.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:10 am

Just watched V/H/S. What a terrible horror movie.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 11:50 am

ah you have no taste, v/h/s is pretty good, the sequel is even better.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:13 pm

It was kind of interesting, but it just wasn't scary at all.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:34 pm

the great gatsby

actually really enjoyed this film, just with the music being up to date it made the film seem "new" rather than being about the prohibition
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:45 am

After reading The Iliad recently I decided to watch Troy. I found it at times surprisingly good, sometimes bad, but mostly somewhat amusing.

This is just what comes to mind after watching it.

Pros:
- Sean Bean is Odysseus
- Priam
- A lot of the characters were pretty accurately portrayed.
- Achilles and Hector's fight
- Hector
- Priam and Achilles' scene together
- Helen was a somewhat more believable character than in the poem.
- Ajax running around being a badass with a massive warhammer and shield.

Cons:
- Ajax wasn't as much of a boss as he is in The Iliad
- Ajax dying like a bitch to Hector
- Briseis usurping Patroclus as Achilles' favourite person (Patroclus being his cousin)
- No Diomedes =[
- No Gods (Sort of necessary for the story to make sense)
- In fact, most of the plot is changed, I like the other one better.
- Aeneas was completely wrong in it. He's just some kid. He's supposed to be one of the best soldiers on the Trojan side with a son of his own who is at least like 12. He's also supposed to be Paris' bro, who had no idea who he was.
- Agamemnon is fucking insane, and also definitely the bad guy rather than just a bit of a douche.

I think that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 9:35 pm

Donnie Darko
Entered the movie expecting nothing
A very good movie
The payoff is a mess, that's my one con against the movie

Iron Man 3
Entered it knowing that one detail about how much Iron Man we see in this movie, spared me the disappointment in that part
Thoroughly enjoyed the movie though, I'd say I like it more than the second
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:10 pm

This is the End is terrible and I'm ashamed I spent time and bandwidth on it. Making rape jokes about Emma Watson is enough to put someone on my shit list forever.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:27 pm

That's the Seth Rogan apocalypse movie, right?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Yeah, that was a crushing disappointment. It just didn't work.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:59 pm

I laughed at it, because it further proved that Emma Watson is such a phony.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:09 pm

She's cute though and frankly I don't consider anyone in Hollywood except Jennifer Lawrence genuine so she can stay on my free pass list.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:11 pm

Kai, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't like Watson.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 10:02 pm

I enjoyed Only God Forgives, but I wouldn't recommend that anyone go into it with the "Drive was great so I'll watch this too" mentality I had.

It's essentially an adaption of the story of Oedipus with an extremely violent Thai police officer playing a sort of godlike redeemer for Gosling's Oedipus. It's just as stylish as Drive, the cinematography is fantastic and Kristin Scott Thomas is great as Gosling's mother but the movie is very slow and in my opinion could easily bore a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:01 am

I only watched This is the End the other day as well and, while I don't think it was hilarious from start to finish, I'd still give it like a 7/10 for several great laughs (128 hours) and the spectacle alone.

And there wasn't a rape joke about Emma Watson, it was precisely the opposite. Jay was being a white knighting phony like always and Emma misheard and flipped out. Rape wasn't the punchline.

Also ditto the annoyance that Emma Watson's storyline ended abruptly because apparently she's a prude. Although it does prove that Channing Tatum's pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:18 am

I think that it can be considered a rape joke if there's no joke when you remove the rape.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:43 am

I find that, as a rule, most jokes don't work if you remove the context.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched
Page 10 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next