Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recently Watched

Go down 
+24
Casa
Rman
Ntity
testtubebaby
Talking Sock
KittensOnACloud
Old School
Mishimi
L Ron Hubbard
Charlie Sheen
MustyElbow
Eevil-Psycho
Zero
Neo
Ace
SimianWonder
Baal
Kaio
Ellis
Skip
Kaede
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Dr. Chocolate
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Recently Watched - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 11:13 pm

Chronicle

Film is freaking awesome, don't read anything about it just watch it, I loved it.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 3:34 am

Definitely, Psycho, the whole film was a lot of fun, but that was the standout scene.

Yeah, Buu, I thought Chronicle was really cool too.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:09 am

I remember Kingsman being mostly good, but the protagonist was a bit of a Gary Stu. He's played up as an underdog type character early on, but nothing he does is ever really wrong and he's exceptional at everything.

Spoiler:

It may have been intentional, like he was some sort of wish-fulfillment character mirroring James Bond, but he isn't James Bond enough to pull it off. In the end, all the other characters made the movie work.

Chronicle is really gud tho.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:52 am

SOK wrote:
I remember Kingsman being mostly good, but the protagonist was a bit of a Gary Stu. He's played up as an underdog type character early on, but nothing he does is ever really wrong and he's exceptional at everything.

Spoiler:

It may have been intentional, like he was some sort of wish-fulfillment character mirroring James Bond, but he isn't James Bond enough to pull it off. In the end, all the other characters made the movie work.[/spoiler]

Spoiler:

But that aside, that's pretty much the character he had to be for a proper deconstruction of the gentleman spy archetype. Well, if you want it to remain lighthearted, and not a super dark story where everything turns to shit due to incompetence, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 5:14 am

Skipio wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

But anyway, at least they coulda made him trip over or something. More awesome heroes need to trip over their shoelaces because they didn't properly inspect their footwear before going into action. It would humanize them and arouse me.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 5:29 am

I don't think you know how dogs work...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 5:30 am

Regarding Chronicle:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 5:58 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 6:19 am

Skip wrote:
I don't think you know how dogs work...

What do you mean? Clint Eastwood pet that kitty in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and it turned into a tiger off-screen. Don't dogs work the same way when they are touched by a hero?

Superbuu3 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 1:30 pm

RED is hilarious. Only Bruce Willis gets to parody Bruce Willis.

I rewatched Donnie Darko yesterday because I found out my housemate hadn't seen it. I forgot how excellent the soundtrack is.

12 Monkeys, which I watched today, is very weird. Cool film though, Terry Gilliam's great! Had some excellent one liners out of nowhere that actually had me laughing out loud.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:43 am

Mission Impossible 5 might've been the best in the series.

Samurai Champloo is awesome done by the guy who did Space Dandy and it is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 10:36 pm

MI5 wasn't bad but I wouldn't call it the best.

I felt like they didn't make the mission impossible enough. It was more like Mission A Bit Hard But We Can Do It
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 11:57 am

Eevil-Psycho wrote:

I felt like they didn't make the mission impossible enough. It was more like Mission A Bit Hard But We Can Do It

It wasn't as extreme as the others but the water scene was tense.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 2:06 pm

yeah, but as I said, it missed a lot of that "impossible" stuff.

That's what I like about these movies, how they tackle a seemingly impossible thing to break into or whatever and all they tricks they use to do it, and I thought that was really lacking in this one.

Also, unless I missed something, they go through the effort to make this mask for Simon Pegg's character, but they never end up using it? what the hell was up with that?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 2:26 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:

That's what I like about these movies, how they tackle a seemingly impossible thing to break into or whatever and all they tricks they use to do it, and I thought that was really lacking in this one.

Also, unless I missed something, they go through the effort to make this mask for Simon Pegg's character, but they never end up using it? what the hell was up with that?
Well there was a running gag in the 4th that he really wanted to wear a mask, but never got to. Maybe it's a continuation?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:

They didn't make the mask, that was a scene showing what would happen if he did use one and it wouldn't work.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 7:32 pm

oh okay, I guess I missed that then.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:

They should have a mission for tom where he has to bite his own elbow... that would fuck shit up for sure
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 12:35 am

there's people that can actually do that, so I'm sure with some training and whatnot he can become flexible enough to get it done..
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 8:16 pm

Pixels

really good surprisingly, i thought it would be just another adam sandler film but it stands out, mainly just because of the 80's gaming throw back but also Serena Williams telling Peter Dinklage "you even think about touching me, imma hit you through that wall"
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 1:43 am

Kung Fu Filler with Donnie Yen. Had a really cool set up of a guy challenging various martial arts masters so he can be No. 1, but then the police catch up to him about halfway through the list of all the people he was going to fight. Like he fights a master kicker, then a grappler, then a guy who's good with swords, and there was 4 other guys he was supposed to fight. But Donnie Yen gets to him first.

Still alright though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 11:48 pm

The Big Boss, Fist of Fury, Way of the Dragon, and Enter the Dragon.

You know, Bruce Lee hasn't dated well. But then I didn't realise the films were that old. 1971-73, it's a long time ago, and it's interesting to see how his style evolved and how it must have influence the whole industry for the next decade until everyone started copying Jackie Chan instead. Especially The Big Boss, which really changes style when Bruce starts directiing the action. Fist of Fury is probably my favourite of the bunch, and Enter the Dragon is where pretty much every recognisable image of Bruce Lee comes from. I know Jackie Chan is supposed to be in Enter the Dragon but I didn't spot him, although I was surprised to see Sammo Hung right at the start.

Legend of Fist makes a bit more sense after seeing Fist of Fury too. I looked it up after and I had no idea the Chen Zhen character was so popular. There's been loads of shit with him in it. Jet Li even played Chen Zhen, and then played Chen Zhen's master in Fearless.

Yeah though, martial arts films have come a long way since the early 70s.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 2:50 am

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 11:59 am

Jackie Chan is also in fist of Fury, he's training in the background in one of the scenes IIRC, he was also a stunt man in that hes the stunt man who gets hit by that flying kick.

Big Boss is probably my favourite film though, it cracks me up how most of his films have horrible endings with the exception of enter the dragon, but that one ended with him actually dying so thats grim for other reasons.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 6:27 pm

The end of Enter the Dragon was very good. Pretty funny too, since could kind of tell all the mirrors were just for effect and most of the time they would have been standing right next to each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched
Page 19 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next