Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recently Watched

Go down 
+24
Casa
Rman
Ntity
testtubebaby
Talking Sock
KittensOnACloud
Old School
Mishimi
L Ron Hubbard
Charlie Sheen
MustyElbow
Eevil-Psycho
Zero
Neo
Ace
SimianWonder
Baal
Kaio
Ellis
Skip
Kaede
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Dr. Chocolate
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Recently Watched - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 9:09 pm

Saw Dr Strange last week. It was terrific, and the 3D was used to excellent effect.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 1:36 pm

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
It's better told than the first movie, but I thought it was harder to watch.
I still ended up enjoying both movies.

Now You See Me 2
It's watchable, I enjoyed it.
One thing I don't like about this world is how sometimes magic feels like fairy tales magic, not the parlor tricks like magicians perform on stage.

Ghostbusters (2016)
Lame, because the story is fucking lame.
Best thing about it is when plasma villain took over the body of Thor, and some of the action scenes hunting ghosts.
Mostly a forgettable dreck not worthy of a cent of the budget assigned for it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 1:44 pm

Saw Arrival. Very good movie. Slow, methodical sci-fi about first contact and attempting to communicate with an alien species. With a solid emotional core too, which I wasn't expecting.

There was a trailer before for a sci-fi movie called Passengers, about two people on a big space ship who wake up from cryosleep years before everyone else and they have to figure out why, or something. It looked alright, but the two people are Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence, and I was thinking during the whole trailer "Why are there megastars in these roles?". Like George Clooney in Gravity, or Tom Cruise in Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow, it kind of spoils the mood. At the start of Arrival I was having the same feeling, but I got over it quickly. Jeremy Renner is a little distracting but Amy Adams is great.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 2:48 pm

You take that back Moose. Edge of Tomorrow was amazing.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 3:27 am

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was pretty solid.

Newt Scamander is like a bizarre combination of Matt Smith's Doctor and Simon from Misfits.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 3:40 am

Edge of Tommorow was great. It's just hard to see past certain faces and names.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 3:59 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Saw Dr Strange last week.  It was terrific, and the 3D was used to excellent effect.
Definitely one to see in 3D. Regretted not doing so at the time. Still an enjoyable film, though I feel I might be running out of steam with the MCU
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 6:13 am

It was a very bland origin story. Genius guy, traumatic event, master new skills, etc. The ending was fun and creative though.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 8:27 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
There was a trailer before for a sci-fi movie called Passengers, about two people on a big space ship who wake up from cryosleep years before everyone else and they have to figure out why, or something. It looked alright, but the two people are Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence, and I was thinking during the whole trailer "Why are there megastars in these roles?". Like George Clooney in Gravity, or Tom Cruise in Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow, it kind of spoils the mood. At the start of Arrival I was having the same feeling, but I got over it quickly. Jeremy Renner is a little distracting but Amy Adams is great.

I'd imagine trying to get a studio to buy in on an ambitious sci-fi project with two unknowns in the lead roles would be a much more difficult sell than doing so with the current flavours of the month attached.

Also, Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow are both great films. Cruise may be one of the most recognisable men on the planet, but he's a terrifically versatile actor.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 10:30 am

He knows how to run.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 3:28 pm

Skip wrote:

Newt Scamander is like a bizarre combination of Matt Smith's Doctor and Simon from Misfits.

Solid, but I could name a couple of pretty major plot holes when comparing it to the established lore. I suspect a few things will either be retconned entirely or put down to unreliable narrator.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 1:28 am

Dr Strange may just be the best film i've ever seen.

The second after credits scene made some of the dialogue in the film have so much impact too.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 2:40 am

What was the second one?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
What was the second one?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 4:25 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Skip wrote:

Solid, but I could name a couple of pretty major plot holes when comparing it to the established lore.  I suspect a few things will either be retconned entirely or put down to unreliable narrator.

Oh, I must have missed them. What were they?
Back to top Go down
StormCrow95
East Blue Pirate Captain
StormCrow95

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 4:58 am

Saw Shin Godzilla last month, and Doctor Strange earlier this month. Actually quite enjoyed both overall. And even if I saw Anno tropes out the ass with Shin Godzilla(Godzilla using over-the-top powers, a grimmer tone(sorta like the original), etc.), I enjoyed the satire involved and how everything meshed together with those aspects into a solid theater experience with a couple friends.

Same friends dragged me to meet up for Doctor Strange this month, and I enjoyed that. Between the running gag of his last name being "Strange", the visuals, the story, post-credits stuff, etc. I thought that was pretty fun to go see, too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CaptainStarbird
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 12:30 pm

Skip wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
Skip wrote:

Solid, but I could name a couple of pretty major plot holes when comparing it to the established lore.  I suspect a few things will either be retconned entirely or put down to unreliable narrator.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 3:46 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Skip wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
Skip wrote:

Spoiler:

Ooh fair point, I'd totally forgotten about that. From memory that was always a bit fraught though, wasn't it?

Spoiler:

Perhaps creating plot holes is actually more in keeping with the existing canon than not?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 3:05 am

I was pleasantly surprised by Rogue One. I went in expecting a really straight, serious tragedy, and what we got certainly had that, but also had a lot more heart and humour than expected; plus a few sick action scenes.

Alan Tudyk killed it as snarky android, and the rest of the cast was generally pretty good.

It of course has problems though. For instance, it was pretty clear the guy hired to make a heist film really wanted to make a war film. So there are issues associated with some scenes feeling a bit weird because of that. And computer animation has not quite come far enough to replace actors yet.

I still really liked it though.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 3:28 am

Skip wrote:
And computer animation has not quite come far enough to replace actors yet.

Spoiler:

Last edited by SOK on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 3:50 pm

I thought the CGI humans looked fantastic. Obviously the first time you see it the immediate reaction is "Woah that's not real that's fucking weird". But after one scene I was used to it. It's like the new Planet of the Apes. The first scene always looks fake as hell, but then I just accept it. Those are the characters.

The biggest problem was the CGI character at the very end. You only see it for like 2 seconds so it looks awful, and then the movie ends.

As for the film itself, I was expecting more of a spy thriller. I was interested in it mostly because it seemed quite separate from the other Star Wars films, despite the obvious story connections. All the settings and robots and scifi stuff looked cool, and I wanted a film about all that, without the Force and Jedis and lightsabers. But they must have talked about the Force more in this film than in any other film. It was 80% of Donnie Yen's dialogue.

Take all that out and spend that time developing the characters, so that when they have a change of heart of make a crucial decision I understand why. Because I really didn't.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 5:36 pm

I watched Paranorman recently and that was very entertaining, I liked the characters and the story a lot and the jokes. I definitely will have to watch Kubo and the two strings now.

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
But they must have talked about the Force more in this film than in any other film. It was 80% of Donnie Yen's dialogue.

Whoa whoa whoa Moose you did not just diss Donnie did ya?

Look what happened to the guy who gave him tea that was tepid:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 7:57 pm

Donnie Yen was fine in the movie, he just shouldn't have been in the movie.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 2:20 am

Grimsby. Sacha Baron Cohen's latest comedy film, about a guy from Grimsby called Nobby who finds out his brother is a spy and they have an adventure.

You know, there was a Melissa McCarthy film a year or two ago called Spy. She was a fat lady and she becomes a spy, and there's wacky hijinks. The joke was actually that she was a really good spy, but just a bit timid and queezy. Alright film. But whatever, I remember there was a scene where she killed a guy, but the sight of blood made her sick, and she threw up on the corpse a little bit. I think that was supposed to "Eww, gross, I can't believe that!" scene.

Well in Grimsby there's a scene where Nobby hides from some bad guys inside an elephant's vagina, and then a male elephant has sex with the female elephant while Nobby is the inside the elephant's uterus, and then the male elephant cums in Nobby's arse.

The film is relentlessly lowbrow. I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 6:35 am

what the fuck?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched
Page 23 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next