Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recently Watched

Go down 
+24
Casa
Rman
Ntity
testtubebaby
Talking Sock
KittensOnACloud
Old School
Mishimi
L Ron Hubbard
Charlie Sheen
MustyElbow
Eevil-Psycho
Zero
Neo
Ace
SimianWonder
Baal
Kaio
Ellis
Skip
Kaede
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Dr. Chocolate
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Recently Watched - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 9:28 am

about the Last Jedi

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 2:03 am

I largely agree with you Sora. I rather enjoyed but, but it did do some things that frustrated me upon reflection.

Spoiler:

THINGS I LIKED (and there was a lot I loved about this):
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 7:31 pm

just for clarification

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 11:10 am

I saw The Last Jedi at the start of the week.  

Honestly thought it was a bit of a mixed bag, there were bits I loved, bits I didn't, some really, really jarring plot-induced-stupidity and a couple of cool touches.  I'd like to see it again, because I went in having heard it was amazing, and I was frankly a bit underwhelmed.  A second viewing would likely help me judge the film in its own right rather than judging it against my perhaps unfairly inflated expectations.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 2:01 pm

The Punisher

Yes, it's a TV show, not a movie but it was easily the best Netflix Marvel offering since Daredevil season one.  It manages to avoid the mid-season sag of the other shows as well, and actually manages to make you root for Frank Castle despite it being made abundantly clear he's functionally completely broken as a human being.  It's also more restrained with the violence than you might imagine, given that it's The Punisher's thing.  Of course, when there is violence it's both very graphic and eye-poppingly brutal.  Definitely not one for the kids!

It helps that it's really well written, too.  The narrative is very strong throughout, unlike Iron Fist, which felt like it was being made up as it went along, The Punisher manages to juggle multiple threads with ease all whilst telling a complex and cohesive story and pulls them together for a very satisfying conclusion.

Fair to say I liked it a lot.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 9:21 pm

Downsizing

For once, a trailer doesn't give the whole film away. Hurray! The film sucks though. Boo!

From the trailer, this looks like a breezy comedy about what happens when you're five inches tall. In reality, it's a drama that just happens to feature a sub-story about shrinking down. There are several problems with the film. Firstly, it barely uses most of the cast. Matt Damon stars, sure, but Kristen Wiig's character, his on-screen wife, pulls a douche move and calls him when he's been shrunk down to tell him she chickened out and couldn't go through with it, despite having many, many opportunities to do so prior to it. After that, the film jumps forward a year, and they're divorced. She's in the film for twenty minutes. Neil Patrick Harris and Laura Dern? They get one scene and maybe two minutes on screen. Jason Sudeikis? Two scenes and three minutes. Then they're never seen again.

Second problem? Aside from a couple of minor visual gags, being small barely matters for the second half of the film. I can't be bothered to write any more, suffice to say the film was a waste of an intersting concept and a cast that are better than this tripe.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 8:37 pm

That's a shame, I thought it looked alright from the trailer. Super interesting concept.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 1:26 pm

Yes, it was a shame.  The premise is interesting but the film seem muddled in what it was trying to do within the confines of the narrative, and it has the prestige of being the worst film I've paid to see in the last 12 months.

Oh well.

King Arthur Legend of the Sword

This was the infamous Guy Ritchie bomb that featured a David Beckham cameo.  It's an odd beast, but I quite enjoyed it, truth be told.  In some ways, its perhaps best not to think of it as a retelling of the Arthurian legend, but more as a roguish cockney heist movie with the trump card being a magical sword.

The dialogue was a mixed bag, with some nice quick interplay in some scenes and some plodding exposition in others and some of the accents were typically hilariously awful, but it definitely felt like a Guy Ritchie film and there was enough spectacle to keep it entertaining, even if Eric Bana exudes more charisma in his two minutes on screen than poor Charlie Hunnam can muster in almost two hours.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 5:55 pm

the fact that i saw that movie and can't even remember how it goes says enough. All I remember is I did enjoy it when I saw it... but my mind is like completely blank about it now.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Whew, the whole place has been inactive for a little over a month.
Been watching MCU movies recently, and I still hate Thor the Dark World.
Eevil-Psycho wrote:
the fact that i saw that movie and can't even remember how it goes says enough. All I remember is I did enjoy it when I saw it... but my mind is like completely blank about it now.
Downsizing or Legend of the Sword?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Dr. Faust wrote:
Whew, the whole place has been inactive for a little over a month.
Been watching MCU movies recently, and I still hate Thor the Dark World.
Eevil-Psycho wrote:
Downsizing or Legend of the Sword?

Legend of the Sword.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 4:45 pm

Loved Marvel Infinity War. Thought Balck Panther was horribly overrated it was decent and I love Michael B Jordan.

About Snoke:
Spoiler:

Is Deadpool 2 worth watching, I loved the first one.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 6:59 pm

Deadpool 2 was pretty fun, I really enjoyed it.Can't really pick which was is the best, so at least it's as fun as the first one.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Bloodsport

It's an ok tale turned film.

Last edited by Dr. Faust on Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 6:55 am

BATMAN: GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT

I still love imagining that the title references to fart as the gas in discussion.

The story is really good, the art style is fine, animation is kinda shoddy though.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2019 1:04 pm

GHOSTBUSTERS: ANSWER THE CALL

That was my second viewing, my second time making the mistake of watching a movie packed to the brim with dumb characters and terrible cringeworthy humor.

How is a hotel 5 stars and packed with guests when staff in it are rude? And that is one of the smaller bad choices in a bad movie.

On the plus side, Batman V Superman is still much worse, and it makes me cry that I saw it a second time with no pause.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29