Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Go down 
+12
Talking Sock
Casa
Old School
Eevil-Psycho
Rockstar_Sinistar
Golden Boy
Ellis
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
Baal
Superbuu3
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:20 am

MGR is obligated to be batshit crazy due to being a Platinum Games production.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:45 am

Well, it's obligated to be batshit in that it's Metal Gear, it being made by Platinum brings that factor 101%.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:21 pm

Oh man this looks great. TGS has been a thousand times better than the past two E3s combined already.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 1:12 am

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Oh?
.......... Crap i still havent played MGS 4 yet
guess i'll order that then i'll be up to speed
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Holy shit, look at some of these boss fights! This game is seriously the anti-DmC.

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:31 pm

I like how Monsoon is essentially sci-fi Buggy.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:00 pm

Oh god I really can't afford either the money or the time to buy this on release but it looks really really fucking good. I want to finish the DMC series and Farcry 3 first.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:41 pm

Mistral looks fat.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 12:29 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:10 pm

Oh man it's totally superficial but it's so damn cool to be able to slice the scenery up. You don't even need to use Blade Mode, you just hit boxes and stuff and they get cut right where you hit them and shit. It's ridiculous how enjoyable that is.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 6:38 pm

hmm, I'm not sure if I'm gonna like this, the demo was alright I guess. it is fun to screw around and see all the things you can slice up.

but the actual gameplay, i felt like traversing that one area was more pain in the ass than it should have been, the boss fight at the end was rather dull too.

but I'm probably still getting it, I just think the demo isn't all that fun of a section.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Haven't actually tried it, but its a problem i can think has been around in all of is it Shinji Mikame's (i forget the guys name might be the wrong one) games. Bayonetta had annoying platforming as did some of the DMC games, combat in all those games was always really fun though and i wish they didn't have too many of those sections as the camera always ends up crappy. Not played this, but I wouldn't let that put you off as the final products from platinum normally lives up to the hype.

Just wait on what the guys say before you rule it out.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:17 pm

psycho obviously want hideo kojima to go to his house and play patty cake with him before he's satisfied
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:17 pm

This game had like no playforming from what was in the demo, it was just straight up cutting dudes unless you're talking about getting over boxes in stuff in which case just use Ninja Walk, it automatically gets you over that stuff. Bladewolf was a fun boss to me so I don't know what's your opinion on that, because my only complaint with him is he basically can't deal with you if you've got constant pressure on him.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Bladewolf? i fought a Prototype I-84 or something with no name unless I missed something. it was something wolf like though..

i just didn't really like the mechanics I guess, and the camera was annoying me most of the time.

the combat is genuinely fun, but what you do outside of combat feels odd, guess I expected that to feel a bit more true to MGS.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:56 pm

Bladewolf is the name the dog gets later, the trailers have already said the dog you fight becomes your partner later and it's named Bladewolf at that point. I mean, if you didn't like the movement, fair enough, but I felt it was good enough to get you from point A to point B and never felt it really hindered or felt awkward.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:10 pm

this isn't metal gear solid, psycho
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:11 pm

i'm not per se saying it was bad, it was just different than what I expected. maybe I just need to get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:27 am

Anyone know if there's any differences between the PSN demo and the ZoE HD one?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:59 am

They are the same demo.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:26 pm

I don't think this is for me.

I found the combat hugely underwhelming, and while I like the merits of a parry system in a melee based combat system why is there no fucking dodge button? Trying to fight the Gecko's or the dog-like boss are just a war of attrition - you parry half a dozen times then wail on him for a few seconds, he summons help. You mash the attack buttons to take out the small fry, rinse and repeat. It's neither strategic nor entertaining.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:34 pm

I heard that Square + X is dodge. Which seems incredibly stupid. It's a fun game but unless the full version has fully customisable controls I won't be picking it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next