Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Go down 
+12
Talking Sock
Casa
Old School
Eevil-Psycho
Rockstar_Sinistar
Golden Boy
Ellis
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
Baal
Superbuu3
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:00 pm

Baal wrote:
Yes, all five seconds of AMAZING WATERMELON CUTTING ACTION is certainly better than Vanquish with Swords.
Yeah most people want change, they don't want to be playing games that look exactly the same as each other.

How many games are out on the market that i can cut down a building around my enemies and kill them with it? The answer is none.

How many games can i slice things up and run up a boss and continue slicing them? Bayonetta and DMC. Those games exist if i want to be playing them i'd rsather be playing them. I honestly would rather Platinum games step up and make Bayonetta 2 and vanquish 2 rather then most likely stifle both of there own 2 series by rushing out an MGR game while also removing what made that game unique and interesting.

But your right 3 great games is way worse then a mesh of 3 games into 1 and most likely not doing anything that looks new or interesting. You probably want a generic rock soundtrack for this game to.

Lets not forget this has also effected anarchy reigns as well. To me every other platinum game game has looked way more interesting to me then this. It looks like they're not even trying to make anything innovative more just trying to go for a safe bet.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Quote :
Those games exist if i want to be playing them i'd rsather be playing them.

This is an awful argument, honestly. Just because another game with a similar premise exists does not mean you can not enjoy a game with a similar genre style, let alone the fact that from what we've seen of the trailers so far the game allows you to do more than just run up and cut things.

Quote :
Platinum games step up and make Bayonetta 2 and vanquish 2 rather then most likely stifle both of there own 2 series by rushing out an MGR game while also removing what made that game unique and interesting.

When did two standalone games suddenly make a series? Secondly, when was Metal Gear Solid Rising's "OH hey, we're gonna combine stealth and hack n' slashing" sound like a good idea? It may have been interesting, but interesting does not necessarily mean good or fun. I'd like to be able to enjoy my video games rather than the game be hampered by annoying gimmicks (IE: Anything new Nintendo Makes). The slicing mechanic looked nice in practice, but it also looked really slow and for a game calling itself "Tactical Lightning Action", it should not have been slow.

The point is, just because Platinum Games is making another hack n' slash does not mean you should be getting pissy because you're not getting Bayonetta 2. Just because there is a slow down mechanic and the game is fast does not mean you should be getting pissy because you're not getting Vanquish 2. Finally, you'd think that since the previous build for the game was really slow on the one mechanic they tried to sell the game around that you'd be a bit happier that someone who can actually make a great hack 'n slash game is now behind the game and from the looks of it trying to do something new with it and not just trying to slap Metal Gear Solid shades over Bayonetta.

I'd like to have a bit more faith in a fucking company that's delivered nothing but good games so far and has managed to actually try something new with every game than jumping to conclusions about a game being a meshed up mess and really, the game was getting cancelled solely because they couldn't find a way to strike a balance between the stealth and slicing concepts, that should tell you something about how the whole idea of combining stealth and hack n' slash is a pretty stupid.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:05 pm

Baal wrote:
This is an awful argument, honestly. Just because another game with a similar premise exists does not mean you can not enjoy a game with a similar genre style, let alone the fact that from what we've seen of the trailers so far the game allows you to do more than just run up and cut things.
Your right i hope that the next DMC is a RTS and the next God of war is a management sim.

Quote :
I'd like to have a bit more faith in a fucking company that's delivered nothing but good games so far and has managed to actually try something new with every game than jumping to conclusions about a game being a meshed up mess.
Numerous quotes have shown that bayonetta was previously a reality, now however this will most likely scupper that happening anytime soon seeing as they had to delay Anarchy reigns which should have been release in a months time.

This isn't about platinum not making a good game. But i don't want MGR:R to be Bayonetta meets Vanquish. I'd rather a new IP. Sure i might love naughty dog but if they made MGS 5 and made it play like Uncharted 4 i'd be screwing to. All i'm seeing is a game that look like bayonetta and doesn't even look as good as that. When you take on debatedly the best game in a genre, but have a character that can do less made by the same development team i struggle to see how this will be better then bayonetta (lets remember that bayonetta had an arsenal of weapons and weapon types).

I don't see how you could say the original concept of MGR looked boring. It looked different and it didn't look slow either, sure this game looks faster, but if i'm going at 100 mph just because the guy next to me is going at 120 mph doesn't somehow change the laws of physics and make me slow. You literally see Raiden run across the street and cut a building down in the original build. He also looked like he needed to avoid bullets, the new build looks like you can just run up to people and do whatever you like to them and why are soldiers carrying what looks like lead pipes to fight when they should have guns.

2012 would've been way more interesting if i got me my Anarchy reigns then my rising and possibly a winter release of bayonetta 2. Now i'm getting a new game no anarchy reigns for now and no bayonetta 2 till 2013 or possibly the next gen.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:09 pm

I thought you didn't like Bayonetta?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Quote :
I don't see how you could say the original concept of MGR looked boring.

Because you can literally kill things in one slice. That may be a fun end-game concept when the game reaches the climax, but for a whole game? That's just dull. Sure, I could use several of the other things around me to help make things more exciting, but why bother when I've already got a quicker and less annoying method? At least with the new build, the game looks like it might be taking this into consideration (Note: I need more gameplay though, to make sure of that but since Gekko's and the guys in suits are super-powered it's showing signs of it).

I'm putting more belief in Platinum Games to make this an enjoyable game than I am for it to be boring. I'm not annoyed with the style because it fits Raiden well. If it were Solid Snake doing all of this crazy shit, then fine I would be annoyed, but since this is not only Raiden but Raiden in his little cyborg suit, then I'm fine with it. I don't care if a game series evolves beyond its original gameplay because that's what happens with time, things change. Castlevania is an example of a series that's changed a lot over time, it's gone from a side-scrolling hack n' slash, to an action-rpg, to a 3D hack n' slash RPG, to a God of War style hack 'n slash, it's still a good game series. It's not like Metal Gear Solid is going to stop becoming Metal Gear Solid because Rising exists, if anything this just means that Raiden's games are going to be hack 'n slash while all of Snake's are going to be stealth, which is fine.

It's not like this is the first time the MG series has had a massive genre change, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:40 pm

I still hate how they placed the story after MGS4 now... I mean, i get why they chose it but meh... at the end of MGS4, Raiden was so happy with rose and little jack and all, and he had all his limbs and now they're putting him back in that suit..?

better have a good explanation.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:51 pm

The explanation is that Raiden is not allowed to be happy ever because he replaced Snake in MGS2 and GameFAQs didn't like that.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Here's some youtube quotes

YouTube wrote:
WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH!!! Ninja Gaiden? this is bullshit, fuck Hideo Kojima for letting this shit happen. The music?! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!!! FUCK IT ALL, I HOPE THE WORLD DOES END IN 2012, BEFORE THIS GAME COMES OUT.
P.S. I'M NEVER PLAYING METAL GEAR SOLID/METAL GEAR EVER AGAIN!!!!
I HOPE YOU DIE HIDEO, YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED WITH THE RAPPING OF METAL GEAR, AND I HOPE IT HAPPENS SOON, AND I HOPE IT'S PAINFULL!!!!!!!!!

This is fucking ridiculous. I would have played Ninja Gaiden if i wanted to. What happened to the Metal Gear SOLID that i know and love. I'm so dissapointed. Fuck you Konami.

What I'm trying to say is this will be the best Metal Gear game yet sexay frog
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:10 pm

The new concept for this game just completely baffles me now. Especially the gameplay and setting. I'd much rather prefer Platinum to just put all primary focus on Anarchy Reign seeing that's the closes thing to Mad World I'll get on my PS3.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Baal wrote:
Quote :
I don't see how you could say the original concept of MGR looked boring.

Because you can literally kill things in one slice. That may be a fun end-game concept when the game reaches the climax, but for a whole game? That's just dull. Sure, I could use several of the other things around me to help make things more exciting, but why bother when I've already got a quicker and less annoying method? At least with the new build, the game looks like it might be taking this into consideration (Note: I need more gameplay though, to make sure of that but since Gekko's and the guys in suits are super-powered it's showing signs of it).

I'm sure later enemies would've had weapons to deal with yours. If the sword isn't one hit killing everything its pretty much breaking the canon. Seeing as the HF blade is meant to be that damn powerful.

I'll point out i never said this game is going to be bad, i just think the other engine was way more interesting. I really don't see how if you can give consideration to the fact there might be more powerful enemies in platinums version that you wouldn't think the same of konami's version.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
If the sword isn't one hit killing everything its pretty much breaking the canon.
The soldiers probably just got nanomachine injections that made them resilient to stabbing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:04 pm

Bag of Oranges wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
If the sword isn't one hit killing everything its pretty much breaking the canon.
The soldiers probably just got nanomachine injections that made them resilient to stabbing.
If thats the case then that would've been the case in the original version to.

Baal's acting like this is a valid point in why platinum games can do something and konami can't.

It is konami's story after all.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Bag of Oranges wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Not really, because how are you going to implement that with the way the cutting mechanic was?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Baal wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Bag of Oranges wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Not really, because how are you going to implement that with the way the cutting mechanic was?
He clearly runs along the street swinging his sword around like any other hack and slash.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:28 am

I've been slightly interested in the series for some time now, but I've finally taking a liking to it.
So in order to get more out of it, I planned on playing all of the main Metal Gear games in order.

So far, I got the HD collection( Peace Walker, MGS2, and MGS3 [I also heard that the HD collection also comes with Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake]), and Metal Gear Solid 4. Now I have to find a copy of Metal Gear Solid, and I'm not gonna start playing until I do.

But when I do, which one should I start with first based off of time periods? MGS: PW or MGS3?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:35 am

Just play them in the order they were released.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:11 am

I could do that, but I want to just get the story down directly down the game's timeline.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:14 am

With MGS you'll likely be confused anyway as it's all retarded Kojima bullshit, I wouldn't bother.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:19 am

Bag of Oranges wrote:
With MGS you'll likely be confused anyway as it's all retarded Kojima bullshit, I wouldn't bother.

That's the stuff I want to know.
That and I hear so much about Shadow Moses in 2 and 4, I have to experience that for myself.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Looks great.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:45 am

It's nearly the same as the E3 trailer, but there's a nice surprise at the end.

Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:05 am

What was the nice surprise? The Crying Wolf thing?

Although I've never liked what Raiden became after MGS2, I am glad that the game appears to have decided to just go balls-to-wall crazy and fully embraced the insanity that is cyborg ninjas rather than try and play it completely straight.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:13 am

The nice surprise was that Raiden now has a talking dog robot companion with chainsaw stuff, which is awesome... and yeah, I'm not a big fan of Raiden in MGS4, but it's nice to see that MGR is just going crazy with everything instead of giving us more of MGS4 Raiden.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next