Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Go down 
+12
Talking Sock
Casa
Old School
Eevil-Psycho
Rockstar_Sinistar
Golden Boy
Ellis
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
Baal
Superbuu3
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:40 pm

I certainly was glad I didn't pay any money for Sam's DLC when I was trying to No Damage Armstrong on Revengeance. It was literally the worst experience I've had with this game because it is entirely out of your hands whether or not you'll take a hit. He has this huge pool of moves and yet prioritizes the two attacks that are the cheapest: his meteor charge (which he can activate even when you're right next to him, and has a high probability of glitching out and screwing you over) and his unblockable grab.

Also, I think it's very dumb that you need to keep taunting an enemy for them to remain aggro'd. It would make more sense if enemies stayed aggressive until they hit you.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:52 pm

I actually found that fight a lot of fun to No Damage. It's very simple to get around the meteor charge and if you space yourself properly, most of Armstrong's dumber stuff can't really hurt you. On top of that he has very obvious cues for when to dodge the charge (It's when you hear him grunt) and the hardest is really just landing meaningful damage from a taunt, which can come from dodging his AoE shockwave.

Like it's a tough fight don't get me wrong, but it's really great to see how they made him tougher and finding ways to fuck over his stuff.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 9:23 pm

I get this game now. The first 15 minutes or so were as frustrating as the demo because I just couldn't figure out how to play it. But then I realised parrying was about the timing of the directional input rather than the square input and everything clicked. It's a lot of fun.

I still spend most of my time just cutting up boxes and potted plants though.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:21 pm

THis game is going to be 20 bucks for pre-order on steam in a few hours, fucking buy it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:40 pm

If the DLC was still free (was it ever free for EU?) I'd probably buy a physical copy, because it's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:45 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
(was it ever free for EU?)

Don't think so. When I went to check after Baal screamed and beat me for not playing it yet(I'm sorry, master) back when that offer was apparently still going for the US Store, it was still priced for us.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 7:41 am

PC release is going to have Boss Rush, Theatre Mode, Codec Replay and an option to increase the amount of times you can cut enemies. Sounds amazing.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 8:27 am

bikini mode?

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 8:56 am

That will be modded in.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 9:09 am

i need a victoria justice mod in one of my games
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Don't you mean all of your games?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Monsoon was a very fun fight spoiled by a stupid out-of-nowhere QTE at the end.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 7:45 pm

The AI Monsoon battle was actually better than the real fight because it wasn't interrupted by QTEs or having to chop up vehicles.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 1:26 am

The final boss was just... What the fuck? "Nanomachines, son"? That's not a good enough explanation damn it!
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 1:43 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Monsoon was a very fun fight spoiled by a stupid out-of-nowhere QTE at the end.

What? The motherfucker literally stood on the side of the building as a million camera changes happened, this game is very obvious about its QTEs, Moose.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 1:18 am

Skipio wrote:
Don't you mean all of your games?

i wouldn't want her in hitman. people might try to kill her
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:36 pm

I started on Normal again just for fun but I didn't take into account that all the upgrades on the weapon would make all the enemies die super fast.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 6:06 pm

IT'S UP
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:12 pm

I've come back to this to collect all the extra stuff, and when I've done that I'll try Very Hard. The infinite fuel cell wig should make that mode a doddle since it not only gives you infinite Blade Mode but also infinite Ripper mode.

Already did R-00 on VH just to get the nice suit, which I'll be wearing from now on. The only thing I doubt I'll get is the HF Long Sword, because fuck getting 1st place on all the VR missions.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:52 pm

I didn't realise until now that if you go into Blade Mode while in Ripper Mode time slows down even more, and you can also walk around while in Blade Mode. And with the B Wig, you can do that infinitely. It completely breaks the game in a completely awesome way. You can just walk right by enemies before they have a chance to react, or waltz up to a rocket mid-flight and cut it out of the air.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:51 pm

God damn I unlocked the Armour Breaker and without damage upgrades the Sam battle took ages. Each hit does like 0.1% damage.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 9:09 pm

So I'm playing through Very Hard and it's noticeably a big leap in difficulty over Hard, but still not too bad, I'm getting through it. Then I got to the dual GRAD fight and my brain melted. Two giant fast moving robots that are constantly shooting about 5 types of rockets at you in a small room filled with large explosive containers. That took a few tries.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Very hard? why not just skip to revengence mode? i mean i did right after my hard playthough
but if you want to go though all difficultys thats fine too.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 7:45 pm

Apparently Very Hard is harder than Revengeance, because Revengeace mode gives the Perfect Parry a huge damage bonus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next