Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Go down 
+12
Talking Sock
Casa
Old School
Eevil-Psycho
Rockstar_Sinistar
Golden Boy
Ellis
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
Baal
Superbuu3
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:31 am

The last boss gave me some trouble, but I got him in the end. Cool game.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:15 pm

I like the new DLC missions. The dwarf Gekko ones are pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 3:31 am

I love new mission 19:

Sadly, the game sold only as many copies as DmC in US (around 190k). Japanese sales were much better though.
I really want Rising 2.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 11:13 pm

There have been no reliable sales figures for MGR in the US, but it's already sold about half a million in Japan which means it basically already sold more than DmC worldwide.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:40 pm

Just finished the game on Hard, which was easier than Normal, considering I've gotten quite a bit better. Shame how I managed to take no damage during the last part of the final boss fight, but got hurt in the beginning. I'd really like that trophy.

Anyway, my ranking was SABBBDAAB, which is pretty nice, I think. Took me 3,5 hours, which is nice, but I did reset a couple of times to get an S-rank or two.

Are any of you getting the Sam or Bladewolf DLC? I really want to play as Bladewolf, but I'm not sure about getting it yet.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Haven't gotten them yet, but the dlc with the extra missions was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Holy shit, the prologue really is Very Hard on Very Hard. I need to step up my game like all hell.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:44 pm

I've got the Sam DLC and I plan to buy Wolf when his DLC hits next week.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 8:46 pm

How do you like playing as Sam? I heard he's really different.

Myself, I beat Sundowner and Armstrong on Hard without losing any health today, and when I get Monsoon, I'm going to go for a Very Hard playthrough where I get as much shit as possible. I need all the swords!
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Sam's a lot of fun to play as, he's a lot more agile than Raiden and is made for finesse movements. You can't rely on parry the way you can with Raiden, but his dodge is significantly better. His main gimmick is in the Murasama's Quick Draw ability where you can charge any and every Heavy Attack he has to do tons of damage. A big thing about Sam is that while Raiden's rewards you for learning the game and playing your own way, Sam's rewards you for taking risks. Quick Draw in general will leave you vulnerable for a few seconds and it's up to you whether you want to take the risk in doing full damage, but getting hit or just going for basic combos and doing significantly less damage. On top of that, there's his Taunt. Sam's taunt makes enemies more aggressive, if you parry them they still do chip damage and they get even stronger in geneal, but in gaining this they become more predictable, easier to cut and take so much more damage that any quick draw attack can tear an enemy apart.

Blade Wolf is also a really good boss fight in Sam's DLC, like he becomes more aggressive and unpredictable, it's fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:45 pm

Sam is also the best character in the game. I watched a playthrough of his DLC, and it was really fun.

Just beat Monsoon without taking damage. Sweet~
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Does cyborg ninja havea different moveset or is he just a skin?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Just a skin.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:42 pm

Does this run at 60fps without drops? I'm tossing up whether to play it now or wait for the PC release.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:38 pm

Neo wrote:
Get the PC version. It makes other console versions look like Game Boy Pocket.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Did I actually say that?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:47 pm

no
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:51 am

I like that you had to ask.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:03 am

It was more that I couldn't imagine myself implying that a Game Boy was bad.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:54 am

Power of Love wrote:
Neo wrote:
Get the PC version. It makes other console versions look like Game Boy Pocket.
Hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:31 am

Bought this game last Wednesday, platinum'd it just now. 

Really enjoyed it, loved the story and the characters, loved the campyness, loved the boss fights (except Sundowner, just because he dies so quickly and his boss music is the worst one). The Senator is one of the best villain in the  series. VR Mission 18 can go to hell.

Are the two DLC campaigns worth it? Both seem pretty expensive for what seems to be just recycled maps and bosses from the main campaign.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:35 am

Sam's is fantastic and while it's recycled content, Sam is still a fun and unique enough character to play. Wolf's is pretty bad despite having a new a boss and is only really fun on Revengeance. He's a stealth based character which doesn't work in a game that doesn't do a great job at stealth.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:38 am

Hm. Might just watch a playthrough and see if I like it. Shame that the DLC seems so lacklaster because the main game is so stuffed full of love and attention (even though Platinum had basically no time at all to make the game).
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:12 am

In case anyone cares, both DLC campaigns are now available free of charge. If you are like me and didn't want to pay $10 for reused assets and an hour of gameplay, now is the time to get them.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 1:45 pm

10 bucks for Sam DLC owns though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance   Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next