Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo

Go down 
+5
Kimarous
Baal
SimianWonder
Rockstar_Sinistar
A_Nonny_Moose
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Not even the mentor level ones?!
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:04 pm

I dunno, possibly.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Beating those 2 Tengu things with Momiji was a bit of a pain on Mentor.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:48 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Beating those 2 Tengu things with Momiji was a bit of a pain on Mentor.
So your good enough to beat genshin now?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Probably not. Got my ass kicked trying to use the claws against werewolves. Luckily you get the dual swords early on in that chapter, and there's an upgrade shop right at the start. I hate how you can't level any weapons to level 3 until they're all at level 2. I never use most of them but I have to upgrade them before I can get the most out of the ones I do use.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:25 pm

There's some horrible and pointless design choices.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:01 pm

I'm not looking forward to fighting Volf.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:51 pm

Huh, that was unexpectedly easy. Only needed a couple health items. I used up the max number of healing items possible while fighting the lightning guy on Mentor, including the one that brings you back from the dead. Which left me with about 3/4 health total to fight the Statue of Liberty. Pulled it off without dying though.

Now I'm on Rachel's chapter. I hate Rachel.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:34 pm

You don't like playing as the only white character in the game... racist.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:51 am

The scythe is decent.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:24 am

Coming back to this after putting narly 90 hours into Sigma Plus was startling, and I also felt like I immediately understood the game more than I ever did before. A whole bunch of subtle things threw me off at first, like Ryu now dashing instead of rolling to dodge, or Flying Swallow needing to be slightly delayed.

The enemies have much longer attack strings in this game, and it's harder to know when you've been hit with an incendiary shuriken. Gunfire also seems to stunlock you more in this game that it does in Sigma Plus. The higher framerate threw me off at first too. the Guillotine Throw and head stomp don't have the same snap to them as they do in Sigma Plus, partly because the frame rate make the animation more fluid.

I was on Chapter 8 on Mentor difficulty, but I started a new game on Mentor just to get used to the game again. Noticed a bunch of stuff in the first chapter than I never really took note of before. SST with the DS has a pretty high de-limb rate. The DS's T counter has much faster recovery than it does in Sigma Plus, so you can actually get an aerial combo/Izuna Drop from it now. You can jump on someone's head and then Flying Swallow back at them if you toss some shurikens first.

Also totally forgot that some combo strings start with T in this game. I've gained a new appreciaton for the Lunar Staff too. Never liked it before, but it was my favourite weapon for dealing with basic enemies in Sigma Plus, so I'm making the effort to use it more this time around. The boss fights suddenly seem much simpler too. That Razetsu at the end of Chapter 1 never touched me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:07 pm

I was trying to tell u all that lunar staff is awesome
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:05 am

I'm still getting used to it because it has more options in NGS2 but seems a bit less powerful. Less i-frames as well I think, especially on the counter and S>SS.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 1:25 am

Man, this game sure takes some cheap shots. There's a bit in chapter 3 where a Fiend grabs you the instant a cutscene ends, and another bit where a Fiend leaps out from round a corner and grabs you with no warning at all. The only way to avoid them is to know they're about to happen. I hate shit like that. You have to be psychic to get it right first time. Sigma Plus didn't have any of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo   Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4