Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme

Go down 
+4
Skip
Neo
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 9:06 pm

Neo wrote:
I'm having trouble finding motivation to play this again, I don't think I have the patience to grind anymore.

Ah, Don't give in that easily Sad Its not that bad in terms if grinding ....I think
Why not try it online again for a change of pace until?

Anyways 190/200 nearly there Smile
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 7:49 pm

I think i'll wait for Toukiden extreme. I'm actually tempted by SS Delta though, I really enjoyed the base game I need to find out more about what the differences are though.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:42 pm

I'll be getting SS delta too but i need to restart from scratch due to memory loss via content manger
Though the original wasnt that hard so im not really mourning it

And i'll try and finish up toukiden too 199/200 mitama and a bunch eye of truths still needed but yeah i'll get the plat, you guys should too Smile
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:07 pm

I doubt I'll ever bother getting the platinum.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:35 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

I couldn't give a toss about trophies.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:53 pm

Nor do I, but if it was something I could get just by playing the game a lot then I'd definitely end up with the platinum at some point. But I just don't care about collecting all the mitama. I think there's 1 more I need to forge something, but that's the extent of my caring about finding more mitamas.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 12:56 am

By the way the Spear is cool. The Eagle Dive move is really powerful for stunning. It can bring down a Bladewing mid-flight if you can aim it properly. Being able to stop running attacks is nice too.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 6:35 pm

SimianWonder wrote:

I couldn't give a toss about trophies.

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

Okay, i suppose those line of thinking fine too .

I guess I'll be charging for it as soon as i can but i still have a long way to go myself

All mitma gained, now its just eye of masks and monster mats and money
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Nearing completion ....i uh, think.
All i need is the frostwing's eye of truth and nightblades eye of truth and a bunch of peon materials from normal monsters
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:06 pm

huh.... just missing a single terragrinder part oh well
Got everything else just need to get one more weapon to 9 and thats me
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 6:36 pm

Well you know what im gonna say anyway so yeah thats me.
225h I'll still be at the game till i help out a friend get to phase 10 i guess
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:50 pm

Toukiden Extreme info:

Summary:
- 3 New Weapons
- 3 new allies
- 2 new Mitama types
- Improved moveset for existing weapons
- More bosses
- More missions
- Urgent missions (fight mystery boss for better mission rewards)
- Tenko can level up Mitama and more functionality
- New Extreme Destruction and Team destruction
- Some type of bonus for save carry over

Source multiple Siliconera stories:

New Weapons (Naginata aka chinese long sword, Kanabo and gun), allies and team attacks:
Spoiler:

Improvements to existing weapons:

Spoiler:

Two new Mitama styles and changes:
Spoiler:

Tenko changes:

Spoiler:

Also there are new bosses.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:04 pm

Sounds great. Definitely getting it.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:08 pm

What Nonny said.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 3:58 pm

Toukiden Kiwama is releasing end of March for PS4 and Vita. Cross-save and cross-play confirmed but cross-buy isn't. Now I'm not sure which version to get.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:24 pm

I'll probably still get it on vita, unless PS4 has a radical improvement in graphics. It's the kind of game that's easier to do in and out of rather than spending hours at a time playing do is a perfect for the vita.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 9:54 pm

Lol why does the ps4 version look worse?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 2:46 pm

Demo is out on PS store in US now, and hits EU store on 25th March. I'll likely download the demo on PS4 and Vita, if its available on both, just to see how they compare, but I really liked Toukiden on Vita; the missions were just long enough to tackle in bite-sized junks, it was perfectly suited to handheld gameplay.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 1:26 am

I've been playing the PS4 demo a bit. It's the same as the original Toukiden demo, just with the new weapons and one new type of Mitama. There's also some special missions to unlock stuff that carry over to the full game, but those are offline only which is a shame.

Haven't tried the rifle yet but the club and naginata are fun. Club seems a bit bad but I like the idea behind it. You have to space yourself properly so the tip of the club hits the enemy to do more powerful attacks, and which consecutive power hits you enter a powered up state where you can charge moves faster. It also has a move that can interrupt enemy attacks, although it seems inconsistent on bosses. Not properly sure how it works yet. Might just be a % chance to stop attacks or something.

The naginata is like a cross between the sword and knives, with sweeping attacks on the ground and in air. It has a parry which is really cool. If you time it right it completely avoids any attack, and I think if you time it perfectly it doesn't use any focus. On the ground it's probably more reliable to dodge normally but you can parry in the air which is great.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 9:31 am

How is it graphically?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 11:18 pm

There's depth of field in the levels, which I don't think was there before. There's some cloth physics on some of the outfits now too. Otherwise it's pretty much the same as Toukiden on Vita. I don't know if the Vita version of Kiwama has those changes.

Another big change is the Tenko. Before it was just an item gathering tool, but now you have to look after it and stuff. You can buy snacks for it from the shop (so the shop actually has some use now) to improve it's mood, which presumably means it'll find more items. You can't send it out if it's too hungry. Also if you take a mission in the same place you sent it too, there's a chance you'll run into it during the mission and it'll follow you around. I think that improves the item haul too. There's an option for different clothes for it as well, but there doesn't seem to be any in the demo.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 1:42 am

Oh wait, the special missions in the demo are online, you just have to beat the first 3 offline first. It includes one brand new boss, and a new version of the weird firebird boss, as well as the old Cthonian Fiend or whatever he's called.

One surprise was that it seems bosses can randomly enter their second phase immediatey now. Or it was just a glitch. But the Screecher (new firebird) went into his upright phase right off the bat once, and it was a much harder fight. I'm guessing by the Screecher and Fiend that the bosses from vanilla Toukiden don't have any new attacks, but the new forms of them in the Kiwama part will. The Fiend is the same as always but the Screecher has quite a lot of new moves.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 11:22 pm

So, Moose, are you getting this on Vita or PS4? I sold my physical edition of the vanilla game, do it looks like I wont be able to transfer to PS4. At least, not unless I buy it again, though that seems silly.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 12:41 am

I'm getting the Vita version. Preordered the physical version because it's £10 cheaper. I would hav downloaded it if it was £30 like the original, but it's £35. I'm considering buying the PS4 version as well later on, when the price has come down a bit, just for kicks. I like it on the big screen and it's cross-save.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next