Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DmC Devil May Cry

Go down 
+14
Rockstar_Sinistar
Haseoviawesome
Golden Boy
Skip
Kaede
Maskull
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Ellis
Neo
Kaio
Talking Sock
SimianWonder
Baal
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Game's looking better but it's still not feeling like they're putting too much thought into the gameplay. On a completely gameplay unrelated note, Dante seems to be acting more like he did in DMC3 just without the same charm. I don't why NInja Theory thinks "Oh hey, let's use fuck and middle fingers, that'll make everyone think DMC," but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 am

Now if only Tamtam would stop being a ponce and Capcom would stop being Crapcom. I'd be more willing to actually enjoy the thought of wanting to get this game.

Last edited by Rockstar_Bob on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 2:00 am

It's more like God of War than it is Devil May Cry in all honesty, but that's not inherently bad. I wish they would stop trying so hard with this story but as long as the game's fun to play and it's tongue in cheek enough to be somewhat laughable then I can enjoy it, just not as a DMC game.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:26 pm

First time for me to step in this thread, so pardon me for repeating points discussed when this thread was open:

Reuben Langdon is so good he would deliver the lines much much better than anyone else in the role, especially the lines with cheesy delivery by the first guy like: "When you return, say hello to my son for me". Langdon is the best voice for Dante, and my favorite voice for Chris Redfield so far
Maybe developers did gamers a great service by not letting the second voice actor talk much

Nero being Virgil's son at least explains the line said to him about truly having the power of Sparda, I wanted to have that explored further

The new game might be fairly enjoyable, but that guy's definition of a cool character is irksome. I hope this game falls hard on the development team heads and make them grasp reality, and bring back the real "COOL" Dante
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Quote :
and my favorite voice for Chris Redfield so far

Reuben Langdon never voiced Chris, he's only done motion capture for him. Chris' current VA is Roger Craig Smith.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Dr. Faust wrote:
Maybe developers did gamers a great service by not letting the second voice actor talk much

Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:53 am

Mr. Baal wrote:
Quote :
and my favorite voice for Chris Redfield so far

Reuben Langdon never voiced Chris, he's only done motion capture for him. Chris' current VA is Roger Craig Smith.
Sometimes they sound alike
Thanks for fixing that
Rockstar_Bob wrote:
Dr. Faust wrote:

He talked much less than he does in other games, with some lines here and then
At least this guy has better delivery than the one before him
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:49 pm

I hate the music.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:14 am

As you should.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 3:42 pm

I can't wait to listen to quality dubstep while I play this quality game.

Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Okay, I might get the soundtrack... From the Bay or Mediafire or something... I know, I know, Horrible taste in music. Autism no excuse. blah, blah, whatever.

Despite that, It still sounds shit when it's put together with this game. ...Okay, I'll say it. I hate that the music is being used with this game. I also hate the fucking dialogue. And I can't be the only one who saw that Shiny Road thing and thought of Sonic Colors. And then there's this...

DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Faggot10

Man the fuck up, You pussy, And just come out with it. You don't fucking know what your doing. Capcom doesn't care what you're doing. Everyone thinks what you're doing is a joke. And I'm typing like you can even read this. Fuck you, Fuck your development screen, Fuck this game, Fuck your fanfic wetdreams being put into it, Fuck your copypasta face on Dino, Fuck your actual face, Fuck your dog or cat or whatever faggot pet you have, Fuck your "new fanbase" minority who aren't even half of the 5 million you're hoping to have buy your cuntnugget game, Fuck this fucking fuck, and Fuck my out of the blue fanrage

...You know, I think I might not even get the soundtrack in any form at all now.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:34 am

This game is seriously one of the worst things I've ever had to deal with in terms of people defending it. I've seen every argument possible, but one's that I usually see that are completely worth not paying attention to are the ones that have "I've played DMC since 1" somewhere in there. Whether you're supporting the new game or not, you should not have to state that you played the previous DMC games. You prove that you played them by having knowledge of the series in your damned argument not by going "OH WELL SINCE I PLAYED THE FOUR DMC GAMES I KNOW THIS ONE WILL BE GOOD TRUST ME GAIZ." I thought my stance would change somewhat over the past few years, but god dammit everything about this game is just bad.

Dante as a character is a smug asshole. I know this not really a farcry from how Dante was before, but previously Dante still generally did good without bringing others into his problems. New Dante is more than glad to punch the shit out of a bouncer because he's doing his job. The trailer back from E3 actually didn't look too bad because Dante seemed alright and even at the end of the trailer where he's taking out the demon he gives a pretty clever one liner until a minute later he flips off some guy on a screen. Nice to see the new Dante is basically just some teenage asshole with no real tact, I almost liked him for a second. I'm not gonna get into design, he originally looked awful but looks a lot better now, although the Union Jack still looks awful.

I don't need to get into music. Once you introduce dubstep you're beyond salvation unless you're a sports game. On the other hand, let me get into the dumb, ridiculous, and completely unnecessary social satire crap they're trying to do with Raptor News. WHY DOES DMC NEED SOCIAL SATIRE? What happened to me killing the demons, Dante being goofy and crazy, killing demons and maybe some fight against a cool boss? Why in the hell do we need some story where the demons need to turn a whole city against Dante by being Fox News? This is not being clever, this just screams of them trying way too hard to make the story mature, along with the fact they have heavy amounts of swearing and just generally unpleasant language being used and it makes the game seem more childish than anything.

I don't mind if a game tries to do better with a story, but you can't sacrifice the game's integrity because of some message you're trying to send. Video games already have a hard time being taken seriously as a medium as is, we don't need some dumbasses making it worse by inserting their very poor handling on how the world works. Also, the Slurm Queen from Futurama is in this game, nice to see we're very culturally hip, Ninja Theory. How about that "X's Got Talent" parody in the game? You guys are certainly clever.

Then comes the worst part of it all, how poorly they're implementing the gameplay. The game looks so dull and boring. It literally adds nothing new to the series that has not been added before. Rebellion, Ebony & Ivory return, but they make two new weapons and by new I mean they ripped Nero's Devil Bringer from DMC4, gave it to Dante for one weapon and the other weapon is just some weapon that launches enemies into the air and is more power-based. The gameplay is also more aerial centered, what with DT now basically being a glorified launcher and the Osiris being intended to use for in air combat, the Rebellion no longer having helm splitter as the standard in-air attack for it and so on. The gameplay's slow as hell, there are very few enemies on the screen, the first boss of the game is so easy you could beat it while barely paying attention and there's no lock on so working with guns is annoying as hell.

None of this would be a problem if this game weren't so hyped up by every game journalist to be amazing. I could be perfectly fine with this game being bad and just wait for something else like MGS Rising, I am not craving a great DMC game as much as I used to in this day and age, I could take a crappy reboot and move on with my life. However every game journalist is making this out to be like the best game of the DMC series. They continue saying that the game has new mechanics never seen before (Like item switching on the go, which has been in since DMC2. Or how about advertising the Osiris' gimmick like it's something new when DMC4 did it already?). NT is also desperate to make people give a damn about their story. They continue saying it's more mature and won't insult anyone's intelligence like the previous ones and that the humor is still all in good fun while doing the idiotic social satire, bringing up the constant swearing, having Dante's dick nearly be on display, and all in all just being devoid of heart and soul, something the previous games had... okay not really 2, but the other 3 yeah.

I wanted this game to be good, but it looks more like some crappy attempt at a DMC rip-off than an actual DMC game. Oh well, MGS Rising comes out at the beginning of next year, I suppose I can look forward to that instead.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:49 am

I don't disagree with you but what prompted that?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:51 am

I read through my OP again and realized how much most of that still holds true and it annoyed me so I wrote that up describing why all of that still holds true.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:41 am

Is it just me or does the gameplay look really slow?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:04 am

Yes, that's what 30 FPS does to a high-paced Hack 'N Slash game... oh and hot box moving action.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:52 am

I think it looks better then enslaved or heavenly sword which isn't saying much. I might end up playing it but i don't really see a reason to be hyped for it.

Honestly though people have got to stop hating on 2. I really did like the fact Lucia played quite differently. Admittedly Dante had no personality, but i found the controls tight and aside from some dull bits of level design i wouldn't hate on it too much.

Also it had two bosses I really did enjoy.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:57 am

2 was really bad for more than just story being terrible reasons. The game handled terribly, enemies were very dumb for the most part or completely bullshit, while Lucia was a nice touch in terms of starting the series with the "Play as two characters" gimmick, she herself was not that much fun to play as and level design was terrible.

Also, the underwater levels, oh god the underwater levels were atrocious. The game has really good music and Dante has a cool outfit, although I give DMC2 more credit than most people because it brought a lot of stuff to the series like multiple moves for weapons being made into styles, instant weapon switching, the Rebellion, and a few more things. DMC2 is a terrible game, but to say it's without its merits is dumb.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:37 am

Why does he have a Union Jack on his sleeve?
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Kaede wrote:
Why does he have a Union Jack on his sleeve?

Tameem's Answer Card #2075: Because, Since the UK invented Punk and all that awesome stuff, Union Jacks automatically makes one Punk & Underground material! Very Happy

...Yeah, I don't think even the rest of the NT staff knows why, And Tameem probably just put it on there because "The sleeve just looked so bare and boring and he had to liven it up."
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Capcom should save all the money they spent on developing and advertising this, and re-release Bayonetta. With some proper marketing this time. It may not have got anything like the recognition it deserved, but that was an utterly brilliant game that made DMC4 feel like it had lead weights in its boots.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:26 pm

And they could use some of the money to make the PS3 version not take hours to load.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Or just not make it such a shitty port of the 360 game in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:32 pm

How is Capcom going to re-release a game they never made or funded? Anyways DMC4 is just as good Bayonetta, a lot of fans think little of it for no good reason. I mean, I've beaten both games to hell and back on every difficulty and done all of the extra stuff, they are both just as fun in the other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DmC Devil May Cry
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next