Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DmC Devil May Cry

Go down 
+14
Rockstar_Sinistar
Haseoviawesome
Golden Boy
Skip
Kaede
Maskull
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Ellis
Neo
Kaio
Talking Sock
SimianWonder
Baal
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Zero
The Hero
Zero

DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 10:13 pm

So, I heard this game actually turned out well. Anyone here have it?
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:22 am

Despite everything I know about it, I keep wanting to buy it. Then I play the demo again and remember why I don't like it that much. I'll probably end up buying it though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 11:03 am

Buy it pre owned please.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Yeah, that's the plan.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:46 pm

I downloaded the Blackbox repack of the game, gameplay is quite fun, and it is less challenging than earlier games
Most of what I'm doing now is replaying the first 3 missions to buys most upgrades I can, cause every time I say a game is easy it kills me at later stages
This one allows player to rotate the camera, but there's no lock on
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:36 pm

Just finished this on Nephilim, which I think is supposed to be this game's Hard mode, but it's two below DMD so I'm not sure. It's the highest available default difficulty.

It's okay. Terrible compared to DMC1, 3 and 4, but okay on it's own. It's too easy to be satisfying for this genre. The combat is fun when the game allows it to be, put too often instead of getting large groups of fodder to cut through you just get 2 or 3 big enemies that restrict your options.

In the old DMC games, a tougher enemy was one that would hit you harder and faster, but here it means they just have an extra layer of defense you have to crack before they sit down and give you a few seconds of free hits.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 3:09 am

That sounds awful. Does the bloody palace change that?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 3:43 am

Didn't try it, but I hear it's timed, just like in DMC4, so I'm not inclined to bother with it. I hated the time limit in DMC4.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:29 pm

Son of Sparda mode makes the enemies more aggressive and give some of them new attacks. But it also throws more colour coding at you. It is more fun and satisfying but the core problems are still there and I can't be bothered to play through it all again. SoS really should have been the default mode.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:44 pm

I've heard that Dante Must Die mode in this game is about the same as Normal mode in the other games, which always sounded too stupid to be true. But I finished Son of Sparda mode the other day and it was still easier than DMC1/3/4 on Normal. The final boss didn't kill me once.

In DMC3 you fought Vergil 3 times, and it was harder each. Vergil 1 was pretty easy, Vergil 3 was like hitting the Wall when running a marathon. The final boss in DmC is the equivalent of Vergil 0.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:55 pm

i read somewhere that there is a heaven & hell mode where its 1 hit kill for you and the enemy and also a hel & hell mode where is normal hits to kill the enemy but 1 hit kill on you
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:10 am

I think those modes were in DMC3 and 4 as well. But they're just joke modes. DMC1, 3 and 4 kicked my ass on Normal. DmC is way too easy. It's impossible to do a fresh run on the higher difficulties too, as far as I can tell. Probably because they have coloured enemies before you get the coloured weapons.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:54 am

Heaven and Hell and Hell and Hell aren't tough anyways because those both having enemies set on Son of Sparda difficulty so they don't even have the highest level of intelligence they should have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DmC Devil May Cry
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5