Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DmC Devil May Cry

Go down 
+14
Rockstar_Sinistar
Haseoviawesome
Golden Boy
Skip
Kaede
Maskull
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Ellis
Neo
Kaio
Talking Sock
SimianWonder
Baal
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:04 am

DmC Devil May Cry DMC_Video_Game

DmC Devil May Cry is an upcoming game from publishers Capcom and developers Ninja Theory for the Xbox 360 and PS3. It is the newest addition to the highly popular Devil May Cry series that features beloved main character, Dante. It is also the first DMC game to not actually be internally developed by Capcom and instead by some western company situated in England that made mediocre games that Capcom never actually played but thought were impressive enough to shove them onto making the next game for one of their most popular series'. So I expect that Resident Evil is going to be handled by Quantic Dream after Racoon City is a smashing hit.

Moving along, the first trailer of the game was shown at the Tokyo Game Show in 2010 effectively pissing all over the Japanese and by extension rest of the Western audiences happiness over Spider-Man and Albert Wesker just being announced for MvC3 the same day. Here is the trailer in question.

Stunning direction for the series to go in, huh? Right from the fun, stylish, and metal world of the original Devil May Cry games (Excluding 2) right into grimdark, coked up, and (ugh) punk rock world of DmC Devil May Cry, because you see DMC2 did so well when they tried to pull it off (Aside from the punk rock, that didn't happen). Although, what Capcom seems to have not realized is that even though DMC2 was bad, it had its moments and they used those small moments and expanded upon them to make DMC3 an overall greater experience in just about everything. Where was I? Oh right, the game. It will be using the Unreal Engine, because nothing says fast and stylish like the engine that runs so many gray FPS' and fluid games such as the Saw video games.

In an interview published on the videogame blog Kotaku, lead producer Alex Jones explained that Capcom contacted Ninja Theory because of the good impression their previous game Heavenly Sword had on Capcom staff. Jones stated that Capcom executives appreciated the way Ninja Theory builds games around the characters and not vice-versa: in the interview he stated that "Outside of creating just amazing looking art, Ninja Theory really do embed narrative in their games in a way that is relatively sophisticated, Japanese game design also starts with a character and then builds a game out from there." So they decided to take this amazing looking art and throw so much sludge on it to make the look for DmC Devil May Cry, remember the pretty colors in Heavenly Swords that impressed Capcom so much? Hahahaha, what shit. Anyways, moving on.

Fan reaction of the game was understandably an outrage, there were few in the gray as fans consisted of people who vehemently hated everything about the trailer and concept or hopeless optimists who think Capcom can do no wrong and buy all of their games because they are mindless sheep (I am both). Tameem Antoniades, the lead designer of NInja Theory has gone on record to state he gives no fucks about what the fans think, which is funny considering they are the only people who are going to give this game a chance and his paycheck is pretty much riding on them buying the shit out of this game. He also lit his cigarette and puffed it before saying he didn't care so he's obviously every James Bond villain rolled into a fucking video game developer and if it couldn't get worse, the new look of Dante is the spitting image of the stuffy lead designer. Don't believe me?

DmC Devil May Cry Orig_10439_1_1285149703

You don't have to. He's also gone on record to say that "Old Dante wasn't cool enough". So obviously cool now consists of having Union Jacks on your jackets, looking like a hobo, smoking cigarettes and shooting yourself up with heroin instead of being a good guy who was pretty quirky, did sick moves that a lot of people thought was cool and had a great voice actor who was also cool because of the work he helped put into the series which is currently being shat on by Ninja Theory, did I mention I hate Ninja Theory and Reuben Langdon put a lot of work into this series besides just voice acting Dante starting with Devil May Cry 3? So a year passes, the war rages on with people who are not biased trying to insert their opinions into the arguments because apparently having an unbiased opinion immediately makes you the better man of the situation even when you act like a stuck up prick towards everyone else who isn't as indifferent as you. The year continued to pass and no new information about the game appeared so I just sort of forgot this game existed until Vergil reminded me of the Devil May Cry series during a chat we had on MSN and I showed the trailer to him and he reacted with utter shock. He was in a state of denial so bad that he thought I had made the video as a late April Fools joke and that the real DMC5 video was somewhere else on YouTube.

Anyways, E3 2011 comes and since then ONE new piece of information about the game came out and now it is apparently an origin story, which makes the situation even worse. Why, you ask? Because there was already an origin story that chronicled Dante as a spry 19-Year Old that showed how he eventually made up his shop "Devil May Cry" and showed where Nelo Angelo's origins are from too. You may have heard of this game as it is the highest-praised game in the Devil May Cry series, I'll let you figure it out. Anyways, E3 2011 rolls around and a new trailer appears... did it ease the haters and bring tearful hope to their eyes?

Is England run in a dictatorship? If so, you guys need a more imposing dictator, may I suggest Tameem Antoniades? So, not only did the first trailer look like shit, but they've had a year to work on the gameplay and it looks like shit. The gameplay is slow, there is no impact to the moves whatsoever, the monsters look like they were put into a Tim Burton movie and then run through a blender, the weapons look unbelievably generic and now they've added a Devil Trigger mechanic where Dante's hair turns white, so obviously at some point in the game this is going to become permanent and make absolutely no sense as to why it even fucking exists considering that Dante's dad had white hair and so does Vergil and so does Nero (Vergil's Son) and Dante's mom was a fucking blonde, so there is physically no possible way for him to have black hair at all other than Antoniades' self-insert fanfiction wet dream. Fans still hate this god damned game, optimists still are acting like this could be good and the pompous ass neutral assholes need to stay out of arguments if every one of their arguments starts with "I'm an unbiased party, so my opinion is obviously better!" bullshit.

Why did this all start you ask? Because Capcom wanted to make Devil May Cry more appealing to western audiences. Devil May Cry has always been a series drenched in western themes, the games are set in America, the main characters all have western names (Dante, Vergil, Nero, Trish, Mary, etc.), the demons namesakes are all from western material (Geryon, Echidna and Griffon are Greek, Beowulf is English, Leviathan is from the Bible, etc.), Dante's main weapon is a damned claymore and Dante is constantly seen eating junk food, a habit most commonly associated with a country that is seen as a bunch of fatties by most of the world. Devil May Cry was already western enough without them forcing the western into the games as they are now. Hideo Kojima has gone on record to state that "Maybe Japan should stop trying to make games specifically to attract western audiences and just focus on making good games, if they're that good then they'll sell well no matter where they are sold.". Obviously Capcom should be taking lessons from the mind behind the Metal Gear series another game series that had several western influences but did not make them that way to sell them off to westerners.

As for me, this is going to be the thread for any future news about this game, it will become my MvC3 thread for 2011, although whereas I awaited that game with anticipation, I await this game with dread, the dread that this series might die because of two companies, one named Ninja Theory and the other named Capcom, the latter of which is what made the best game in the series and helped finally springboard the series into popularity. ...Irony is a cruel mistress.

DmC Devil May Cry 4993548408_ef2790c074

There isn't a better picture in the world to show everything wrong with this game.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:26 am

Wait, wait, wait. Nero was Vergil's son?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:43 am

Baal wrote:
DmC Devil May Cry Orig_10439_1_1285149703

DmC Devil May Cry Gozer_01
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Baal wrote:
So I expect that Resident Evil is going to be handled by Quantic Dream after Racoon City is a smashing hit.

Quantic Dream > you
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 3:03 pm

SimianWonder wrote:

It was confirmed accidentally by a representative of Capcom recently.

Kaio wrote:
Baal wrote:
So I expect that Resident Evil is going to be handled by Quantic Dream after Racoon City is a smashing hit.

Quantic Dream > you

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 3:34 pm

Oh cool, Quantic Dream made a game based on The Matrix.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:07 pm

I don't get how making DMC into this is making it for western audiences. This series is one of my favorites and was one of the few games that had old school video game difficulty and required skill.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Baal wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:

It was confirmed accidentally by a representative of Capcom recently.

Ah, okay. I thought it was just a fan rumour.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:34 pm

There's already a thread for this. Why must Baal be a total queen about everything?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:48 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
There's already a thread for this. Why must Baal be a total queen about everything?

I actually made this thread at 4 in the morning when I was tired as all hell and had planned to delete it when I woke up if no one had posted in it. But now I realized it's better to have this as a universal thread since the first one is pretty much obsolete since the new trailer came out and you made a thread for that and we might as well have one for future provisions. Also, I wanted to do another MvC3 thread but in a different style and at 4 in the morning it seems like a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Baal wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

I actually made this thread at 4 in the morning when I was tired as all hell and had planned to delete it when I woke up if no one had posted in it. But now I realized it's better to have this as a universal thread since the first one is pretty much obsolete since the new trailer came out and you made a thread for that and we might as well have one for future provisions. Also, I wanted to do another MvC3 thread but in a different style and at 4 in the morning it seems like a great idea.
Why is your new MvC3 thread called DmC?

This game will be as big a success as all those other ninja theory games i never played.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:23 pm

It was a comparison.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:38 am

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/16/dmc-devil-may-cry-dante-is-half-devil-and-half-angel/

read that. let it sink in.

so, to clarify now: he's currently a direct expy of the lead designer, a half-demon-half-angel with a dark and tortured past, and wields a holy scythe that magically transforms into a demonic axe.

we've now slid into a shameless self-insert fanfiction with a shitty engine not made for the game in the first place. i'm normally the voice of contrary opinion, but this was too fucking much. there are no words, no image suitable to express the disappointment and anger i have aimed at this right now.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:43 am

Have they never heard the term if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:24 pm

no they haven't apparently--it should be beaten into them with large painful... things. pardon my crappy sentencing--i can't form a coherent thought with this much stupid present.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Well then in that case it has to be a reboot, so it's not nearly as bad as it could be.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:31 pm

I wonder if they understand that there was more to Devil May Cry's gameplay being stylish than Dante twirling a weapon?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:02 am

The whole dynamic-switching-between-3-styles thing sounds exactly like the stances in Heavenly Sword.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:09 am

Quote :
Antoniades defended the decision (to have the game run at 30fps), claiming that the lower frame rate allows more interesting game mechanics, such as the way levels can change drastically in real time. He also claimed that the "feel of 60FPS" would be maintained.
I have to check out this technology that makes 30fps not shit compared to 60. He couldn't possibly be talking out his ass. No way.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112373-Ninja-Theory-Devil-May-Cry-Skeptics-Secretly-Want-to-Like-It
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:25 am

A video of Tameem Antoniades performing the recently revealed main theme of the game:

Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:26 am

I think it's nice that the gay gamer community gets an entire game devoted to them.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 2:54 am

Kaio wrote:
I think it's nice that the gay gamer community gets an entire game devoted to them.

Hahahaa, god dammit Kai.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:46 am

So, about Ninja Theory's female leads...

DmC Devil May Cry Heavenly-sword-20060720034258563_640w

DmC Devil May Cry 975240_20100930_640screen004

I'm thinking...

DmC Devil May Cry G0FJq

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:22 am

I dunno, I guess it's possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DmC Devil May Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: DmC Devil May Cry   DmC Devil May Cry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DmC Devil May Cry
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next