Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Devil May Cry HD

Go down 
+6
MulderYuffie
Haseoviawesome
Ellis
Baal
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Eh. I'm more likely the buy the reboot than this to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:44 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
And you wonder why people say you have horrible taste...
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:48 pm

DMC 1 was the only one of the PS2 trilogy I really enjoyed, and I still have that. It's not something I like enough to rebuy just for HD.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:55 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
DMC 1 was the only one of the PS2 trilogy I really enjoyed, and I still have that. It's not something I like enough to rebuy just for HD.
Thats a very different thing though. I'm not buying this as i own it already is quite different to not being in terested in DMC trilogy compared to DmC.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Well, I am slightly interested in DmC. Every time they show it looks better. Although all that means so far is it's gone from looking bad to looking like an average action game. I doubt I'll get it, but I would get it over the HD collection, given the choice.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:01 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Well, I am slightly interested in DmC. Every time they show it looks better. Although all that means so far is it's gone from looking bad to looking like an average action game. I doubt I'll get it, but I would get it over the HD collection, given the choice.

If i hadn't played either i'd be interested in the HD collection over DmC. Either way though i'm not getting DmC unless it does something really amazing.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:31 pm

DmC continues to look worse with the new stuff they throw out. They are adding a mechanic that leaves enemies floating in mid-air as a replacement for Devil Trigger and that awful statement they made saying "The game will run at 30 FPS but seems like it will run at 60 FPS" does not help things. I like that they changed Dante's design to make his clothing seem less awful and that they're trying to do something new with the gameplay but that doesn't change that what you've essentially done is strip the series of its unique style and turned it into what is essentially a generic hack n' slash.

Anyways, I'll be buying the HD collection solely because I love DMC3 enough to buy it at like 40 bucks again. DMC is alright and even though DMC2 is bad I still think it had some ideas that were genuinely good for the series as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:39 pm

2 wasn't bad. It didn't live up to 1 but it wasn't bad. It's like people forget games can be decent. If it isn't great, then it's bad. It makes no sense to me.

I'll be picking this shit up for sure. The new one looks dumb. Unless it proves me really wrong I'll have nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:47 pm

2 is bad but it's not as bad as most people make it out to be. It's a mediocre game that couldn't live up to the standards the first one set and fans like to denounce it as non-existant because they're a bunch of whiny babies.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:55 pm

DmC looks more like a rip-off of Bayonetta than Devil May Cry at the moment. Devil Trigger is basically Witch Time now, and the switching between realities thing is lifted straight from Bayonetta. I mean, it's literally the exact same idea. They even use the same effect of making people in the opposite reality appear transparent.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:57 pm

Baal wrote:
I like that they changed Dante's design to make his clothing seem less awful .

So what does he look like now?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:00 am

I actually prefer the outfit from DmC's initial trailer to the one he has now.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:02 am

Moose, weren't you one of the people who agreed the Union Jack outfit was terrible?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:07 am

I can't remember. But I like the short red jacket more thn the long blue coat.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:19 am

I think both look offensive but I guess if I had to pick the updated character model is better. Why are they changing the whole series again? Am I the only one that wouldn't mind playing a game with Nero? Of course I'm one of the few that didn't through a retard fit when Raiden became the main character of MGS2.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:29 am

I don't really understand why Capcom decided to use DMC as the series they wanted to reboot, it made a lot of money and was generally well-received. But anyways, I'd love to play another DMC game with Nero or Dante as the main characters, Nero (Whether you like him as a character or not) was pretty fun to play as. I don't mind making new main characters for the series as that's inherently a bad thing, I've gotten attached to the older one, sure but I can still enjoy newer ones.

And really, most people hated Raiden because Snake was highly built up as the main character for MGS2 and you can imagine their disappoint when he's only playable for the prologue. It's less that people hated Raiden and more people were annoyed they had been bait and switched without even being remotely warned it would happen... oh and Rose, fuck Rose. She's easily the worst thing about MGS2, the cunt.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Deck Hand
MulderYuffie

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:30 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
And you wonder why people say you have horrible taste...
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:00 pm

Maybe this time I'll actually be able to get passed the fucking Tri-Headed Asshole on DMD. I considered that bastard to be the biggest cock block ever, And then I played other games and found bigger cock blocks. lol

But still, DMC2 was like, The only one I could get pretty far in DMD mode. Then again, I kinda had it coming with my casual play style back then, I rarely used the more technical moves and simply tried to just shoot my way through everything. Sure, I used the sword as well, But using a sword in DMC2 was pretty much, "Here are three swords, One will be used throughout the rest of the series, One is black, And the other is a demonic-looking Buster Sword. Now, Pick your favorite. They all three have the EXACT SAME attack motions." Then I'd be all, "That's okay. I got Dual SMGs and the Bullet Time Devil Trigger. Smile"

Seriously though, I think I'll get this and actually TRY to get the more technical shit down this time rather than just charge in and just try to cut up exploding shadow cats because I believe I'm invincible after seeing Dante's cutscene with Alastor. lol
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:02 am

God I can't wait to play through all of these when they come out. My PS3 YLoD'd on me during my DMD runthrough of 4. It couldn't handle my badassness.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Just pre ordered this just looking forward to playing DMC1 again since i really liked that Sparda ftw!
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:55 pm

DMC3 is one of my favorite games of all time. Since my ps2 has been gone I've been aching to play it. I want a rematch with that dmd chessboard and to go through dmc again.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:58 pm

From what i heard this is meant to be another terrible capcom port.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:00 pm

I've still got my PS2 games if I wanted to play them - HD polish isn't enough to make me want to buy them again.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:04 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I've still got my PS2 games if I wanted to play them - HD polish isn't enough to make me want to buy them again.
These aren't HD though. The image will just be stretched. I'm not sure if they've even tried to optimise for 60FPS, i doubt they have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Devil May Cry HD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry HD   Devil May Cry HD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devil May Cry HD
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next