Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IT'S SKYRIM!

Go down 
+17
Maskull
Haseoviawesome
Zero
Baal
Rockstar_Sinistar
L Ron Hubbard
Skip
SimianWonder
Ellis
Eevil-Psycho
xXxDestinyxXx
brandon
Kaede
Talking Sock
Superbuu3
Neo
Kimarous
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:55 am

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:16 am

Bethesda have the rights to use the IDtech5 engine but they continue to use Gamebryo, this is stupid.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:18 am

wut?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:22 am

Is that the fallout engine or something? Your gonna have to clue us in bro.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:24 am

Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas and probably Skyrim run on the Gamebryo engine, an engine that continues to be a glitchy piece of shit.

I don't know why Bethesda keep using it when they have access to far better engines that are more powerful and less glitchy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:26 am

Neo wrote:
Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas and probably Skyrim run on the Gamebryo engine, an engine that continues to be a glitchy piece of shit.

I don't know why Bethesda keep using it when they have access to far better engines that are more powerful and less glitchy.
I don't think i had any glitches in Oblivion but yeah fallout 3 was a glitchfest, whats IDtech5 used for?

I'm sure it would be way better.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:28 am

There aren't actually any games released that use it yet but it's being used for Rage, Doom 4 and the new Quake game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 am

Neo wrote:
There aren't actually any games released that use it yet but it's being used for Rage, Doom 4 and the new Quake game.
Thats pretty lazy on there part. I guess we gotta hope that they don't do whatever the hell there doing with the fallout game in the next elder scrolls, its kinda annoying i have to not only wait years for these games but then have to wait additonal time for them to be patched to a decent level.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:34 am

I know I sound like a huge fanboy but you should really look into building a decent PC. The modding community usually fixes bugs months before Bethesda does.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:37 am

Neo wrote:
I know I sound like a huge fanboy but you should really look into building a decent PC. The modding community usually fixes bugs months before Bethesda does.
Oh i hear ya, especially when talking about Bethesda games but i think i've only managed to ever complete like 2 PC games in my life. I could never invest the time I'd need to complete a fallout/elder scrolls game on PC.

I think its a credit to how great Deus Ex truly is that i've managed 1 and a half playthroughs of the game even though its a PC title (or at least thats what i played it on).
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:42 am

Will it be glitchy as shi--

/shot
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:21 pm

Oh thank christ.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Apparently this game will have faces that don't look like Orcs'.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:32 am

Sexy new trailer:

Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:57 am

after seeing how beautiful this looks i'm considering this over MW3
Back to top Go down
xXxDestinyxXx
Deck Hand
xXxDestinyxXx

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:15 am

N-Dizzle wrote:

The title of the game perfectly describes the emotion I was feeling while playing that disappointing crap.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:57 am

I thought I wasn't going to buy any more games this year, but I'm so damned tempted by this. I want to go on an adventure, but I don't want to do it in Oblivion, damn it!
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:16 pm

so I got it today (cause my game store is selling this early)

played a couple of hours already. totally loving it. finished 1 dungeon and slayed my first dragon.

my first time ever with a game like this though, so it does take some getting used to. there so much to do, I don't know what to do first sometimes, so I'm currently just sticking to doing the main quest.

managing the inventory is also something I don't have too much experience with, it's quite limited in what you can take, in weight that is. if you carry too much, you can't run anymore and you walk very, very slow. so I'm constantly thinking: ok, what the hell do I keep? what do I throw away? should I keep stuff so I can sell it sometime?

so I haven't quite figured that out yet, but I'm sure I will when time passes.

anyways, it looks great, plays great, fantastic music, really like it.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:45 pm

But does it really play great. Be honest how many freezes have you had yet?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:48 pm

no freezes or bugs yet so far.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Oh just wait. Strategizing around the freezes and broken quests are half the fun of Bethesda games.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:01 pm

so i've heard, but I haven't experienced it yet, so it's all still good.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:15 pm

Skyrim... it's not a case of if I get it, it's more a case of which format. 360 was the lead, but would it be better on PC?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:37 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Skyrim... it's not a case of if I get it, it's more a case of which format. 360 was the lead, but would it be better on PC?
If modding is possible then yes, definitely. If not for anything but the fanmade bugfixes - Fallout 3 and New Vegas had mods that fixed loads of bugs literally months before there was an official patch for them, in fact some of them still aren't officially fixed.

I haven't personally heard anything about modding though and they allegedly modified their engine so I'd wait a couple of weeks to see what, if anything, the mod community comes up with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IT'S SKYRIM! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S SKYRIM!   IT'S SKYRIM! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IT'S SKYRIM!
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next