Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I bought Dragon Quest VIII

Go down 
+5
Superbuu3
Talking Sock
Haseoviawesome
Ace
A_Nonny_Moose
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:25 pm

Well that was disappointing. That's another thing I dislike about turn based combat, there's no tension in the fights at all. I might as well have been fighting any other creature in the game except with more health.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:30 pm

Holy crap King Trode looked better as a monster.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:57 pm

For fuck's sake. Is it too much to ask for just one of the character to punch Prince Charmles in the face?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:01 am

You know how these games are, Moose.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:03 am

It was also annoying how the main character was frightened of a couple guards despite taken down the Lord of All Fucking Darkness not too long ago.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:26 am

Well that's that. Don't know if I can be bothered with the extra stuff. This game was longer than it should have been. I started getting bored with around the time I got to the Godbird island. Dark Chronicle is still Level 5's best PS2 game.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:37 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It was also annoying how the main character was frightened of a couple guards despite taken down the Lord of All Fucking Darkness not too long ago.

Yeah, that bugged the crap out of me too.

"What? I can't just barrel through these assholes? Why the fuck not, I took down the Lord of Darkness so how can these assholes give me much trouble?"
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:59 am

I just popped Dark Chronicle in to have a little run around. Really made me want to play it again.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:55 am

Switch around DC with DQVIII and I feel the same. DC didn't need that extra shit to make the final parts longer where you have to run off a replay the early dungeons a little more. It's already bad enough each one was already dragged out and long as they were.

DQVIII is still level 5's best ps2 game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:55 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Holy shit this is dull.
oh yeah you have to do some shit like pray don't you
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Yeah, the whole party has to pray to a staff in one turn, seven times, to bring his shield down. You can't even attack him until you've done that, after which all your HP and MP is restored anyway, which just makes it entirely pointless.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:37 pm

Although I admit that the final boss battle in Dark Chronicle (before the post game game anyway) was incredibly tedious and dickish. You had to ascend some staircase and fight slightly different versions of every boss in the game, and then when you reached the final final boss it gave you a time limit to beat him.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 pm

Nothing beats Okami in the pointless pre-boss bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Kaio wrote:

Thankfully those are piss easy. They frickin' hand you a shop to buy assloads of damaging items from, if your own skills don't own them in a minute or two, then only a handful of those would. Orchi's like the only one who, although is just as piss easy, takes a while to beat because of all the heads.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Exactly. Dark Chronicle has the same fight-all-the-previous-bosses-again gimmick, but there's no interruptions or save/healing points along the way, and the final boss has a time limit. Once you start, you're committed to finishing the game or just doing it all over again.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Kaio wrote:

Amen to that.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Does that mean you finished it?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:33 pm

No, but I don't need to finish to know there's going to be more shit like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Dragon Quest VIII   So I bought Dragon Quest VIII - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I bought Dragon Quest VIII
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10