Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Darksiders

Go down 
+8
Maskull
Talking Sock
Baal
Skip
xalas
Superbuu3
Kimarous
A_Nonny_Moose
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

So Darksiders - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:28 am

How can people afford to be alcoholics in AU? What a terrible idea, make beer so expensive that people can't ruin there lives by falling in an endless downward cycle....preposterous.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:34 am

maybe thats why everytime i meet an australian here there pissed
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Skip wrote:
What is this!?

It's like $10 for ONE pint here.
lol thats like double the price of here but i guess if your not drinking aussie beer it would cost a lot. Everything we drink here even if foreign is generally made close by.
Nah, it's local beer, from my actual state.

Marky Mark wrote:
How can people afford to be alcoholics in AU? What a terrible idea, make beer so expensive that people can't ruin there lives by falling in an endless downward cycle....preposterous.
That's probably why goon is so damn popular here. (dirty cheap cask wine)

Superbuu3 wrote:
maybe thats why everytime i meet an australian here there pissed
Most likely, haha.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:26 am

What difficulty should i play on? Hardest or normal?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:35 am

I started on hard and had absolutely no trouble. The game isn't too difficult. If you want to platinum it in one go then do apocolypse.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:08 pm

Thanks gonna play on hard.

Damn I can't believe how good this game, looks great and moves really smoothly. I can already tell i'll enjoy this and the VA is great.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 pm

I think they made the character too gloomy. Doesn't fit with the big colourful art.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:35 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I think they made the character too gloomy. Doesn't fit with the big colourful art.
He's war he should be gloomy.

The colour scheme is great it remembers it is a game and not try to be too realistic. Otherwise we'd basically get a ring wraith walking around. I think war is one of the better looking character models i've seen this gen.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Of all the Horsemen, War has the least reason to be gloomy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:13 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Of all the Horsemen, War has the least reason to be gloomy.
He seemed upbeat enough at the beginning and then he screwed up big time its no wonder he's gloomy, he's war and suddenly he can't fight all that well.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:30 pm

I don't think I ever understood the story.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:13 pm

The game was a lot better than people gave it credit for, though it's generally got a lot of things I look for in games.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:16 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I don't think I ever understood the story.
I'll summarise when i reach the end

Ellis wrote:
The game was a lot better than people gave it credit for, though it's generally got a lot of things I look for in games.
Yeah it has all the elements from a bunch of games i like, add in the fact there all done well and this game kicks ass.

War is also just such a freaking badass like when Samael screams in his face and he just stands there. The finishing moves are pretty sweet to. I also like how there's a couple for some monsters and not just one.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:24 pm

No, I could follow the story, I just couldn't understand it. From what I remember, the Apocalypse happens, but it's not really the Apocalypse, and for some reason War shows up alone. His job is to punish Heaven or Hell for fighting at the wrong time, which is exactly what they're doing. But rather than let him do that, he's hauled in for going to Earth at the wrong time only to be sent back there a few hundred years later to sort it out. Only without all his powers. It was really confusing.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:34 pm

It's explained during the game.

Spoiler:

I also heard somewhere that a second one was on the way.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:46 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
No, I could follow the story, I just couldn't understand it. From what I remember, the Apocalypse happens, but it's not really the Apocalypse, and for some reason War shows up alone. His job is to punish Heaven or Hell for fighting at the wrong time, which is exactly what they're doing. But rather than let him do that, he's hauled in for going to Earth at the wrong time only to be sent back there a few hundred years later to sort it out. Only without all his powers. It was really confusing.
You got it wrong there was no apocalypse and his job was simply to attack anyone who was there. Its only later when they strip him of his powers as punishment he later states well if your going to execute me let me go back with no powers and defeat them. They say he'll die and he says whats the difference so they let him go. The watcher is part of the deal.

Thats a pretty fundamental part of the plot moose the whole game must've seemed really stupid if you though it happened the way you said.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:09 pm

The Horsemen were the enforcers of whoever it is running that Universe. They step in when Heaven or Hell get out of line. I am damn sure that is how it was set up.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:21 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The Horsemen were the enforcers of whoever it is running that Universe. They step in when Heaven or Hell get out of line. I am damn sure that is how it was set up.
The seals are in place and an agreement is setup by the charred council. The horsemen were the enforcement.

The seals however are not broken and War goes to earth. Due to the heavy losses on the side of heaven and what someone says N.B. you actually take out a lot of big angels in the opening and only pathetic minions of demons. The council punishes you for aiding the demons and breaking the law. Its pretty simple.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Yeah, right. The seals weren't broken, so Heaven and Hell shouldn't be fighting. So War should be within his rights to kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:29 pm

But the seal wasn't broken. He cant do anything wtihout them being broken
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:32 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Yeah, right. The seals weren't broken, so Heaven and Hell shouldn't be fighting. So War should be within his rights to kick ass.
Dude you seem to be missing the whole plot point.

War is framed for starting the apocalypse. The seals weren't broken so war shouldn't have been summoned, if he had been summoned his brothers should've been summoned to. If the seals were in place the apocalypse couldn't have started (except for whatever reason is in the plot later). Everyone thinks War is fighting for the demons and that was why they were winning.

Like i said if you want a plot synopsis i'll post one later, but you clearly did miss the plot, this is all explained clearly in the first two cutscenes. I've not really got anywhere but i know that much.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:36 pm

I got that he was being framed for starting the apocalypse early. I just don't understand how, since Heaven and Hell were already fighting when he got there. I've forgotten who framed him and exactly why they did it though, but I'm sure none of it made much sense.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:40 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I got that he was being framed for starting the apocalypse early. I just don't understand how, since Heaven and Hell were already fighting when he got there. I've forgotten who framed him and exactly why they did it though, but I'm sure none of it made much sense.
If War likes war and he's killing lots of things on earth, an apocalypse has started with seals intact, War is alleged to have allied with the demons and three horsemen of the apocalypse weren't summoned.

Who do you really think is going to get the blame for the apocalypse?

You don't even need to know the twist to see why War was royally fucked. From our viewpoint its fairly obvious we just did what we thought was the right thing, but its easy to see why he gets blamed for the apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:42 pm

I assumed a tad more omnipotence on the part of the counsel.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:48 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I assumed a tad more omnipotence on the part of the counsel.
They couldn't be omnipotent if they did they'd have known he'd been framed for starters. They'd also have seen Abaddon knew something, he looks like he died in the battle at the beginning. They also would've seen War clearly fighting demons and hence not being on the demon side.

It also kinda looked like the council were not only stupid but actually had fuck all power other then being able to control the horsemen and not being very good at that considering what happened with war.

Also there will be a sequel filling in blanks you won't be war as the storylineis parallel to this game i suspect you'll be death as he's the only other intersting horseman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Darksiders
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next