Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Darksiders

Go down 
+8
Maskull
Talking Sock
Baal
Skip
xalas
Superbuu3
Kimarous
A_Nonny_Moose
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

So Darksiders - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:13 pm

then it'd just be god of war.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:13 pm

God of War had puzzles too, Tobi.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:14 pm

they were stupidly easy though

i heard this one has some quite challenging ones
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:14 pm

For being one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, War is notably lacking in a certain area. That being he has no fucking horse. I mean what's the de-...

Oh wait, there's his horse! In some random arena, or something... I'm not sure how that happened. Even at the start when he had all his powers, he didn't ride a horse. But apparently it was stolen(?) by some demon or something, I think... Whatever. I have a horse now!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Superbuu3 wrote:
they were stupidly easy though

i heard this one has some quite challenging ones
More time consuming than challenging.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:18 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
For being one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, War is notably lacking in a certain area. That being he has no fucking horse. I mean what's the de-...

Oh wait, there's his horse! In some random arena, or something... I'm not sure how that happened. Even at the start when he had all his powers, he didn't ride a horse. But apparently it was stolen(?) by some demon or something, I think... Whatever. I have a horse now!

does it ride like shit

most of these games fuck up things that are even remotely like vehicles
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:20 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

does it ride like shit

most of these games fuck up things that are even remotely like vehicles
It's actually fine because it's dead simple. You just move the analog stick and the horse goes that way. Which is good because as soon as you get it you have to kill some giant worm thing while riding, and I'm pretty sure I'll need to use the horse for the next boss too. There was a "vehicle" section earlier though, which sucked ass.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:35 am

Third boss was a big disappointment.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:31 pm

The bosses seem to be getting easier and easier. I died a few times against the first one, but I didn't die once again the next 3. The second one was still a good battle though, and the 4th one would have been pretty cool too, but I have like 6 health bars now, so dying isn't really an issue. The 3rd one was just pathetic though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:54 pm

fuck the demo of this game is fucking long

you fight two bosses the jailer and tiamat
and go through a huge dungeon

uh as much as i likewd the game that was kinda a OD of darksiders not sure if i'll be getting this for a while
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Tiamat is the hardest battle in the game so far.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:01 pm

yeah he was pretty tough he killed me once

i find the combo system confusing
its really hard to tell what moves do more damage

i see your annoyance at the lack of energy bar now

i was playing on normal and it took a good few minutes to kill him
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:51 pm

Some of the things this game chooses not to tell you are weird. Like, some enemies can be killed with just a quick kill, nothing else required. The bat things for example. When they get close enough you get a little prompt letting you know you can kill them with circle. But there's other enemies in the game that are like this as well, and they don't get the little prompt thing. It was ages before I realized I could just kill all the really weak enemies without having to mash square for 10 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:54 pm

yeah the game seems a bit temperemental like that

i absolutely love the giant shuriken though
and i didn't find the controls too bad although they do seem clumsy at first
took me a while to work out how to multi target with the shuriken for instance
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Well fuck me. A gun that opens blue and orange portals. I think the thing even makes the same sound as it did in Portal.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:40 pm

lmao

this game is great it copies games so liberally
you can't hate it for it
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:10 pm

Oh hey, another handy tip the game forgets to tell you. You can shoot a portal through another portal.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:15 pm

Holy hell the plot just got even more retarded. So I finally beat the 4 Chosen and got access the to Black Tower or whatever. Inside I meet some Angel of Death (is there really a need for an Angel of Death when there's an actual Death? Or does the Grim Reaper just show up for the Apocalypse?), who's trapped there for some reason.

Anyway, he spills the beans about what happened. Apparently Heaven broke all the seals to start the war early because they wanted to destroy Hell, but they can't go to war while the seals are intact. Then they got some guy to reforge all the seals while no one was looking (which is just stupid) so everyone would think Hell just up and started a war for no reason. Obviously their plan backfired somewhat, since Hell took over the Earth and War got blamed for starting the war (I bet they didn't even check to see if someone else did it. Who are you going to suspect first when a war breaks out if not War?).

But apparently the head angel guy decided not to break the 7th seal for some reason, despite it being his plan to break the seals and start the war. Which makes no fucking sense since at the start of the game that same angel guy was all like "Wait, something's wrong here. GASP! THE SEVENTH SEAL ISN'T BROKEN! WHAT'S GOING OOOOON!" *crushed by demon*.

All of which completely reaffirms the fact that War is being punished for doing his fucking job properly. The angels even say while plotting "We can't do that! We'll suffer the wrath of the council!" (the Horsemen being the council's enforcers). But when War does show up to deal out some punishment he gets yelled at by his boss. The conversation went something like this:

Council: What were you doing on Earth killing angels and demons?
War: I thought it was the Apocalypse. That's apparently what I'm supposed to do during the Apocalypse.
Council: Yeah, but it wasn't the Apocalypse. You did bad.

At which point War should have responded...

War: Does it really matter? I'm supposed to just ride out and kill things either way, right? So it turns out it wasn't the Apocalypse, whatever. Let's just say I was punishing them. I'm supposed to do that right? Why the fuck am I being punished? The other three didn't even show up. Imagine if it was the real Apocalypse. I'd look a fool turning up alone. And even so, they should have been there to help deal out the wrath and such.

But instead he just accepts his ridiculous punishment.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Oh, and to top all that off, the freeing the Angel of Death is extremely fucking tedious. I had to traipse all around a dungeon and fight a big robot to activate a beam, and then use portals and mirrors to redirect it all way the back to the chamber. And did that free the Angel? No. I have to do two more times. Fuck this game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:31 pm

seems like your ahving a lot of fun there

lol
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Oh, well that's nice. Turns out the Destroyer, the guy I've been trying to get to for the whole game, wasn't in that big tower I've been trying to get to for the whole game, where EVERYONE SAID HE WAS. And it's not even acknowledged. It's like the game is just hoping you forgot about the Destroyer for now so it can drag on for a few more hours.

Also, what's up with this Destroyer and Creator nonsense? Could they really not say Satan and God? They say very clearly, on numerous occasions, that the two sides are Heaven and Hell. Not to mention I'm currently in Eden. I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:37 pm

This sounds like I'd hate it. The level design sounds awful, and the story is some guff cooked up by a wannabe-author still in sixth form who thinks convoluted = cool.

I've got no problem with games borrowing bits and pieces from other games, as long as they're done with a certain level of panache that this would seem to lack.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:39 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
The level design sounds awful, and the story is some guff cooked up by a wannabe-author still in sixth form who thinks convoluted = cool.

Yeah, this shit sounds like something Kishimoto would write.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:40 pm

So Darksiders - Page 2 759954321_E7mFJ-L
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:41 pm

I've never read Naruto, so the comparison is perhaps lost on me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Darksiders
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next