Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Darksiders

Go down 
+8
Maskull
Talking Sock
Baal
Skip
xalas
Superbuu3
Kimarous
A_Nonny_Moose
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

So Darksiders - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:42 pm

Kishimoto likes to write convoluted trash too and thinks it's cool and intelligent writing (not to mention the fans...). The only difference is that Darksiders isn't full of whining babies.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:50 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
This sounds like I'd hate it. The level design sounds awful, and the story is some guff cooked up by a wannabe-author still in sixth form who thinks convoluted = cool.

I've got no problem with games borrowing bits and pieces from other games, as long as they're done with a certain level of panache that this would seem to lack.
It's not something I would have ever actually bought myself. But I got it for free so I might as well play it.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:00 pm

If I didn't like it, I wouldn't play it, free or not. I'd be trading it in, or selling it on eBay. I bought GTA Chinatown Wars on PSP because it was meant to be great, but I just couldn't get into it, and sold it three days later.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:02 pm

On the subject of level design though, it can be a bit odd at times. The game takes place on Earth 100 years after the Fakeocalypse, so it's an strange mixture of modern environments and Hellish landscapes. You can be walking through a big road tunnel, duck into a sewer pipe, and emerge in a demonic desert.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:04 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
If I didn't like it, I wouldn't play it, free or not. I'd be trading it in, or selling it on eBay. I bought GTA Chinatown Wars on PSP because it was meant to be great, but I just couldn't get into it, and sold it three days later.
It's okay though. I'm just ragging on it for laughs. The story is ridiculous, but the gameplay solid, if uninspired.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:48 pm

Wow. The story just got even more ridiculous.

It turns out Abbadon (the main angel guy who's plan it was to start the war against Hell) is the Destroyer. So... yeah. How does that work? It seems like he became the Destroyer after he got crushed at the start of the game, so was there not one before that? Who was leading Hell before Abbadon became the Destroyer? Did he kill the old one? Although that's what he wanted to do, so why would he become the next Destroyer? I'm pretty sure he wanted to destroy Hell and all that...

This game makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:01 pm

I do like that the weapon enhancements make a visual difference. The wrath one makes the sword all bloody, and the fire one makes it all fiery, etc. Fire in games is getting pretty good now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Okay, something that is simply bad game design is that you can't use an item if it's not assigned to a quick select button. For example, I have 6 gear items, and 3 quick select slots for them. 4 of these gear items are used quick a bit in puzzle solving, which means I have to keep pausing the game to assign the remaining item to the quick select. Then if I need the other item, I have do it again. I can't just equip them from the menu screen. I have to assign them to a button, then unpause and equip them with the button.

There's two quick select menu's in the game. The one for gear uses the d-pad, but down is used to change your secondary weapon by default and you can't change it. The other one is done by holding L1 and then pressing a face button, so again, only 4 options. This quick select is used for your wrath moves, of which there's 4. But it's also used for health items and such, which again you can't just use from the inventory screen. You have to bring up the inventory, assign the item you want to use to quick select (which means getting rid of one of your powers if you have all 4 assigned), then hold L1 and press the right button to use it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:33 pm

yeah i despise the quick select system
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Well I just finished the game, play time coming it an just under 20 hours.

The final scene actually made some sort of sense, which was a surprise. Although it pulled out the major bullshit cliffhanger ending that seems to be popular these days. DON'T ASSUME YOU'RE GOING TO GET A SEQUEL GAME DEVELOPERS. IT DOESN'T ALWAYS HAPPEN AND THEN YOU END UP WITH A SHITTY ENDING.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:22 am

Oh, and the final boss was pitifully easy. This game is too generous with life bars and stuff. I must have had about 9 health bars by the end of the game, not to mention special armour that upped my defense and gave me a little health back for any damage I dealt, as well as a Wrath ability that upped my defense and attack, which lasts for ages since I have like 6 Wrath bars. I don't think I dropped even 2 or 3 health bars fighting him.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 pm

I picked this up for 8 pounds i'll finish it then trade it in but hopefully i enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:42 am

This game is tits.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:20 pm

so good?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Ah yea man it was like the violence and cool moves of a GoW game with exploration and item/dungeon specific items of a Zelda game. The comicy art style is hit or miss I guess but I didn't mind it. I'm not a conversion rate expert or anything but for what you paid for it I'd say it's well worth the money.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:07 am

To do the maths i'll work in pints of beer, that would get me like 3. Which is all of an hours drinking if not less.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:51 am

8 pounds gets you 3 pints? Fucking hell, that's a lot cheaper than here.

But I will endorse this 'pints of beer' currency system.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:51 pm

I like it too. 3 pints of of beer here (or at least the bars where I am) would run you about 10 american dollars. So now I am assuming the currency rate is 8 pounds = 10 dollars.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:01 pm

$10 is about £6.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Hmm, that was pretty close tho. pints of beer should just be the international currency of the world.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
Hmm, that was pretty close tho. pints of beer should just be the international currency of the world.
Its a universal language people understand we need to spread the word
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Are you actually playing this game or not?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:23 pm

finishing my good run on infamous at alder at the moment so i'll start playing this wednesday ish i suspect
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:04 am

What is this!?

It's like $10 for ONE pint here.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:09 am

Skip wrote:
What is this!?

It's like $10 for ONE pint here.
lol thats like double the price of here but i guess if your not drinking aussie beer it would cost a lot. Everything we drink here even if foreign is generally made close by.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Darksiders   So Darksiders - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Darksiders
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next