Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?

Go down 
+8
Maskull
Kaio
Kaede
Baal
Superbuu3
Rockstar_Sinistar
Talking Sock
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:41 pm

Speaking of accurate portrayals and shit. *runs to the other topic*
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:44 pm

So we can all agree on SM3 being hated by everyone and that Harry Potter is great, regardless of its target audience?

Great.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:44 pm

UR A WHIZUD HARRY

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:48 pm

Immapot?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:48 pm

On Topic; Most Vince Vaughn films.

I never understood why people liked his films.

Okay, I'm done with movie hate for today.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:52 pm

What about Tropic Thunder? Although this is more of a film I like but dislike at the same time. God damn people glorifying it and getting high ratings made me have such high expectations. After finally watching it, I have to say it was very anti-climactic. When we see them get into this "deep shit" I expected a full on warzone and huuuuuuuuuge shit happening. Then being forced to rescue Ben Stiller from a small little illegal site like that was kind of a downer.

Of Course Downey Jr.'s black man portrayal was hilarious though and Jack Black wasn't annoying like I was expecting him to be. Overall though, this is more of a film where "I don't see what's so great about it other than being a little joy ride" than something I hate while others love it.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:59 pm

son of the mask.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:01 pm

Tobinator wrote:
son of the mask.

Another film no one loves. NO ONE.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:04 pm

Jack Tripper wrote:
On Topic; Most Vince Vaughn films.

I never understood why people liked his films.

Okay, I'm done with movie hate for today.
i think i only found him funnny in dodgeball
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:04 pm

Sora wrote:
What about Tropic Thunder? Although this is more of a film I like but dislike at the same time. God damn people glorifying it and getting high ratings made me have such high expectations. After finally watching it, I have to say it was very anti-climactic. When we see them get into this "deep shit" I expected a full on warzone and huuuuuuuuuge shit happening. Then being forced to rescue Ben Stiller from a small little illegal site like that was kind of a downer.

Of Course Downey Jr.'s black man portrayal was hilarious though and Jack Black wasn't annoying like I was expecting him to be. Overall though, this is more of a film where "I don't see what's so great about it other than being a little joy ride" than something I hate while others love it.

I loved it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:06 pm

Baal wrote:
Sora wrote:

I loved it.

Which is ok. I can see why. Hence why I brought up "this isn't really following the topic" but more like "the damn hyped killed it for me and was overall just a good film." Basically how all SM3 haters felt after seeing that film except not as disappointed and just underwhelmed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:08 pm

Sora wrote:
Tobinator wrote:
son of the mask.

Another film no one loves. NO ONE.

Yeah, I agree with Sora this time.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:09 pm

It was just a really really really bad film.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:13 pm

And literally the one thing that stomped on my childhood. Not even DBE could ruin my childhood(but I guess that's because DB came later than my watching of the original Mask film) but this did it easily.

It was just another infamous "Carreyless" sequel.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:38 pm

yeah i hate when hype kills a movie

it can ruin a perfectly good trip to the cinema
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:01 pm

I kinda liked Tropic Thunder.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:11 pm

oh i loved it but i saw it on day of release so ihadn't lkisten to anyones opinions about it
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:22 pm

Jack Tripper wrote:
A movie that's number one in the box office the week it comes out in my opinion, was well received. I don't know what you're on about.
Opening week takings are based on hype, not how good the film is. Matrix Reloaded had a massive opening, but it was shit and people soon realised it. Which is why it dropped if incredibly quickly and Revolutions didn't do nearly as well.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:24 pm

I thought Tropic Thunder was awful. Mind, I thought Terminator Salvation was crap too, and yet everyone else seemed to like it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:25 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Jack Tripper wrote:
A movie that's number one in the box office the week it comes out in my opinion, was well received. I don't know what you're on about.
Opening week takings are based on hype, not how good the film is. Matrix Reloaded had a massive opening, but it was shit and people soon realised it. Which is why it dropped if incredibly quickly and Revolutions didn't do nearly as well.
i thout reloasded was alright
revoluions was an atrocity
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Jack Tripper wrote:
I liked Revolutions more, although they were equally drawn out and filled with completely unnecessary shit. On the big special box set they did, they actually got some film critics in to do a commentary on all 3 films, which was fun to listen to. But only about half an hour of Reloaded was actually needed. You could but out the majority of Reloaded, cut most of the Zion war crap out of Revolutions, and make 1 half decent film out of it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:32 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Jack Tripper wrote:
I liked Revolutions more, although they were equally drawn out and filled with completely unnecessary shit. On the big special box set they did, they actually got some film critics in to do a commentary on all 3 films, which was fun to listen to. But only about half an hour of Reloaded was actually needed. You could but out the majority of Reloaded, cut most of the Zion war crap out of Revolutions, and make 1 half decent film out of it.

Thing is though Reloaded and Revolutions was basically a duo project filmed back to back as "one giant movie" split into two. Not that excuses all the useless filler and shit but you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:33 pm

But anyway, I'd have to say the original Star Wars trilogy, although I don't actually hate them. I just never saw what was particularly special about them beyond the technical aspects, which really only mattered at the time of release. But I know plenty of people my age who love them and I can't see why. Maybe you have to see them when you're a kid or something.

Oh, and History of Violence too. Boring piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:34 pm

Revolutions was better than Reloaded, but both were still poor at best. The original is still great.

Star Wars A New Hope is a bit boring, but Empire still entertains, and Jedi is alright.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Sora wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Jack Tripper wrote:

Thing is though Reloaded and Revolutions was basically a duo project filmed back to back as "one giant movie" split into two. Not that excuses all the useless filler and shit but you know what I mean.
I know. But it feels as if they had the story done, and then thought "Hey, let's make two films!" and had to cram in a bunch of filler to stretch it out. I mean, Reloaded had 4 plot points. Just 4. 4 points in over 2 hours that were important to telling the story of both films. The machines are digging towards Zion, Neo is the 6th "One" and is just another way for the machines to control humanity, that he chose to save Trinity rather than restart the cycle, and Smith coming back. Two of those happened right at the start at the other two happened right at the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next