Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?

Go down 
+8
Maskull
Kaio
Kaede
Baal
Superbuu3
Rockstar_Sinistar
Talking Sock
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:55 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I don't give a shit about other people or whether they'd be successful without the songs or not. I just find musicals a bit odd and dull in general. I just tend to switch off when people start singing for no reason.

Problem is, the people don't give a shit about you and the minority who thinks otherwise. Except for the very small while when they totally ditched songs in Atlantis, Emperor's New groove(excluding that one song and its reprise) and Treasure Planet.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:06 am

I know. What's your point?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:15 am

I'm gonna jump in and say musicals are meh.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:17 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I know. What's your point?

The fact that you probably won't get your non-musicals in a long time.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:18 am

Obviously. I just said musicals annoyed me. Why be such a bitch about it?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:19 am

I'm not. Just saying considering the reaction's so positive, you probably won't get non musicals in ages.

Why be such a nancy about it?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:23 am

bitch bitch bitch
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:25 am

nancy nancy nancy
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:37 am

That's right, you negative nancy pansy.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:51 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Why be such a bitch about it?
Sora wrote:
I'm not.
Sora wrote:
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 5:18 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Why be such a bitch about it?
Sora wrote:
I'm not.
Sora wrote:

Don't be such a nancy, nigga.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 5:23 am

Moose is such a *Insert generic insult here*.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:49 pm

i get what you mean but personally i feel they seemed more in place in disney then in say musical films

i mean i do find actors breaking into song and dance a bit weird
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:55 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
i get what you mean but personally i feel they seemed more in place in disney then in say musical films

Very true, although The Producers does it perfectly. Still, the majority of "live action musicals" in film just don't work with that because the actors also try to act as over the top and unconvincing as if it was a stage performance. Recently I made this sort of acting as a comparison to Japanese acting when I criticise them as they're always unconvincing and over the top. Excluding, as I said, The Producers' films, it just doesn't seem to work on screen, it becomes really tacky and weird(and it's pity that Japan's "acting style" is very similar, it'd probably be worse if they actually broke out into song).

In Disney though, having no songs in them is fine as we had a handful of films during the early 2000s that were ok without them, but overall, Disney films are MADE to be broadway-like and they're only 100% glorious, epic and outstanding when done that way.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:00 pm

Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Very true, although The Producers does it perfectly. Still, the majority of "live action musicals" in film just don't work with that because the actors also try to act as over the top and unconvincing as if it was a stage performance. Recently I made this sort of acting as a comparison to Japanese acting when I criticise them as they're always unconvincing and over the top. Excluding, as I said, The Producers' films, it just doesn't seem to work on screen, it becomes really tacky and weird(and it's pity that Japan's "acting style" is very similar, it'd probably be worse if they actually broke out into song).

In Disney though, having no songs in them is fine as we had a handful of films during the early 2000s that were ok without them, but overall, Disney films are MADE to be broadway-like and they're only 100% glorious, epic and outstanding when done that way.

completely agree

and yeah i think the music is part of the 'magic' of disney

i mean now you 've pointed it out i was just thinking lion king would probably have been kinda crap without the music
and the thing i liked about tarzan was the music to

i think aladdin was the only one that would of been awesome either way (the whole new world song being annoying as hell for me)

i considered harcules would probably be good either way, but then i realised the song where he leaves his parents house and meets zeus for the first time etc was just awesome

on another note i think hercules is probably my fave

EDIT: actually forget what i said about alladdin there were shitloads of other songs i just forgot them
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:36 pm

As much as I love Go The Distance, knowing the fact it was sung by that dude who played one of the hilarious gay guys from The Producers' remake is just hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:43 pm

Sora wrote:
As much as I love Go The Distance, knowing the fact it was sung by that dude who played one of the hilarious gay guys from The Producers' remake is just hilarious.

That's probably my favorite Hercules song. But I didn't know that other fact lol.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:48 pm

Michael Bolton's end credits version of the song was great too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?   What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What movie(s) do you hate that everyone else loves?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6