Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!

Go down 
+3
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaio
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! Empty
PostSubject: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:33 pm

So we all know how many plotholes and what not Toei themselves created with GT. But what about FUNi? How did their version match up to the original? Was the script any better than the Z script? And were the voices more suited for the characters now? It's time to find out. Very Happy

Let's start with the rap sucks, the new logo was unneccesary and the hardcore awesome music wasn't awesome at all. But I'm watching the bricks so two of those things have been fixed. Good for me.
Back to top Go down
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Cool.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:35 pm

I think after I finish watching the Buu saga I might watch GT. Never seen it before.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:40 pm

It's very easy to hate GT, simply becuase everyone seems to. However, that's not entirely unjustified. It's managed to waste the few good ideas it had, and simply became a one man show, with everyone else being reduced to bystanders. It's utterly crap.
Back to top Go down
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:41 pm

But that music is fucking awesome. and it makes great poop material
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 6:16 pm

GT episode 1

Japanese title: “Mysterious Dragon Balls Appear!! Goku Turns Into a Child!?”
English title: “A Devastating Wish”

FUNi’s Dan Dan (and the various endings) is impressively accurate. And unlike others I really like it. So where the fuck are my English Head-Cha-La, We Gotta Power, We Were Angels and what not in Z?! Why does GT get a better treatment than Z even though it’s an awful series?! WHY DO YOU RAPE MY CHILDHOOD, FUNI?! WHY?!?!

Ah, I feel good.

Japanese Goku: I just wanted to fight against all-out against Oob for once.
English Goku: I haven’t had a battle that wore me out this much since Freeza.

That Goku! He was just messin’ with Cell and Buu! He could actually just kill them with a flick of his finger if he wanted to!

In both the original and the dub Dende wants Popo to look after Goku and Uub’s injuries. Apparantly Dende forgot that he can HEAL people.

Original Goku recognises Pilaf immediately, dub Goku doesn’t untile a while later.

Dub Goku: So... do I have to go back to school now?

It’s official. DBE is canon.

Dub Popo: The Black Star Dragonballs don’t just scatter around the Earth, they scatter around the entire galaxy! They could be on any planet, anywhere in the Milky Way!

So according to Popo the Milky Way is the entire galaxy? Okay... and not only is that wrong, but in DB terms the “entire galaxy” would still only be 1/4th of the universe. Original Popo specifically says that the Dragonballs scatter around all four galaxies.

Dub Kaio starts talking about negative energy and what not to explain the Earth exploding because of the Dragonballs. In the original he only says the Earth will explode if the Dragonballs aren’t gathered again.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Kaio wrote:
So according to Popo the Milky Way is the entire galaxy?
I-... It's not? Our galaxy is the Milky Way Galaxy, right?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 6:50 pm

My mistake. Oh well. it's still wrong since the entire galaxy =/= the entire universe.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 6:51 pm

GT episode 2

Japanese title: “I’m the Star! Pan Takes Off Into Space!!”
English title: “Pan Blasts Off”

I forgot Gohan first proposed to come along with Goku. What a wasted opportunity that was. Actually that is how GT in its entirety should be described: wasted opportunity.

Ah, Bulla. Because a girl named after a garment worn by roughly half the population is a big no-no. And just when I thought I was watching an uncut version. And of course the pun is killed too.

And then they fly off. Kid Goku, the character who doesn’t quite suck just yet, but certainly will in the near future, Trunks, who is actually that giant whiner Future Trunks in disguise, and then Pan, the worst character in the series since previously mentioned Future Trunks. This show can’t become anything but good, AMIRITE?!

Wasted opportunity, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:22 pm

GT episode 3

Japanese title: “Super-Greedy!! The Merchant Planet Imegga”
English title: “Terror on Imecka”

Don Kia’s name has been changed to Don Kee and Gil has been changed to Giru.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Isn't it strange how the translated version sounds more like Engrish than the original name?

On a random note, when GT was being shown on my local channels, I got the Blue Ocean dub. I never got any sort of rap; instead, we got...