Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wii and PS move comparison

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brandon
Basement Butterfly

wii and PS move comparison Empty
PostSubject: wii and PS move comparison   wii and PS move comparison Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:56 am

i'm far more curious about this now that i'm eyeing an upcoming railshooter for ps3. i own the game for wii already but am thinking of selling it to buy the HD port to ps3 since i don't own a wii. i remember nonny saying the wii had better motion controls than the ps move, but, yeah i'm more interested in comparing these now since it will effect my purchase decision

Last edited by Captain Cuddles on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: wii and PS move comparison   wii and PS move comparison Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:59 am

I've actually heard that the Move is better and more responsive than the Wii from sources more reliable than Moose.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: wii and PS move comparison   wii and PS move comparison Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 4:39 am

The Move is far better at motion tracking and control than the Wii, but the Wii is much better at pointing because of the sensor bar. It knows where it's pointing, and there's generally a reset button to center the cursor in Wii rail shooters from my experience.

The Move has to guess where it's pointing based on tracking it's position in 3D space and how the PSEye tracks the light, and calibration can be fiddly. Turning the cursor off is not advised for Move shooters.

But if you're talking about House of the Dead just get it. I liked it a lot with Move.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: wii and PS move comparison   wii and PS move comparison Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:22 am

nah, it isn't house of the dead i got that for ps3 already. i'm looking at resident evil chronicles HD collection and as far as i know HD is the only differences between the versions. if i were to sell all my wii stuff i think i might be able to pull a profit off this but, accuracy is realyl important to me especially in darkside chronicles where the critical spot gets smaller with the increase in difficulty.

edit: or break even depending on how much RE chronicles HD is

Last edited by Captain Cuddles on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: wii and PS move comparison   wii and PS move comparison Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:21 am

If there's an aiming cursor it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: wii and PS move comparison   wii and PS move comparison Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:31 am

i guess i'll go for it then. the sharpshooter would probably be more comfortable than the zapper with nunchaku, except for using the knife i guess
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: wii and PS move comparison   wii and PS move comparison Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:43 am

don't get the sharpshooter if you're just gonna play rail shooting games with it... if you just want a railshooter, get the small hand gun for PS Move..

the sharpshooter is too advanced for just railshooter games and is better suited for true FPS games like Killzone 3 and Resistance 3.

for the rest I pretty much agree with everything Moose said. it can't really do pointing, but it doesn't really need to imo. ok so you can't actually "aim down your gun" like you would do in real life... but honestly, who'd play an entire game like that anyway?

it's very accurate as it is.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: wii and PS move comparison   wii and PS move comparison Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:53 pm

I'd recommend the Sharpshooter depending on the game's controls. It has it's own buttons in easier to reach places, whereas the handgun can be awkward to use if it's a button heavy game.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: wii and PS move comparison   wii and PS move comparison Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:58 pm

i'm already borrowing a sharpshooter from my friend so that's not a big concern of mine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wii and PS move comparison   wii and PS move comparison Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wii and PS move comparison
Page 1 of 1