Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!

Go down 
+3
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaio
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:38 pm

GT episode 33

Japanese title: “Take this, Baby! A Reborn Oob’s Death Rays!!”
English title: “The Tail’s Tale”

Blah.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Quote :
Kaio's CRAP GT sub/dub comparison!
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:19 pm

How do you go about when doing these?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:16 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Quote :

It's not my fault this dub is reasonably accurate.

Kaede wrote:
How do you go about when doing these?

I watch the dub with subtitles on.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:45 pm

Kaio wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Quote :

It's not my fault this dub is reasonably accurate.
Well you could've said. It looked you just couldn't assed because it was GT.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:54 pm

I never actually watched the FUNi dub of GT before now. I tried, but was immediately turned off by that godawful music.

As for the series itself, it became a whole lot better once Baby was introduced. Baby's introduction itself was one of the best villain intros of the entire series I dare say. It was incredibly sinister and you really didn't know what to expect from that little creature in that tank.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:15 pm

The Baby arc was the best part of GT by miles, though I still don't like how it ended. SSJ4 Goku's design was sub par, and his fight with Oozaru Baby unsatisfying.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:16 pm

GT episode 34

Japanese title: “Transformation Blunder!? Goku’s Great Ape Rampage!!”
English title: “Back in the Game”

So I decided to listen to some of the English music score inbetween some scenes. When Goku is rampaging you hear annoying techno shit, when Pan is trying to talk to Goku you hear annoying techno shit, when Pan has a flashback of the 28th Budokai you hear annoying tense music, when Goku has the flashback of the beach you hear tense music, when Goku is emotionally reaching out for Earth and making those sad roars you hear annoying techno music. It’s like this score only has TECHNO and TENSE music and it’s really ANNOYING. Mark Menza should be kept as far away from any sort of instrument as possible, because the guy is a complete idiot. Same thing for the moron who decided what piece of music is placed where, as well as the retard who decided to replace GT’s brilliant music score with that bullshit music that is supposed to attract the kiddies.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:20 pm

Lycaon wrote:
The Baby arc was the best part of GT by miles, though I still don't like how it ended. SSJ4 Goku's design was sub par, and his fight with Oozaru Baby unsatisfying.

Agreed on all points.

The Baby arc started off great with his introduction and subsequent meetings on various planets. Then he went to Earth and started infecting everyone. This is where it became rather dull. We didn't even see Gohan do his thing, except stalemating SSJ Baby Goten while in base. Him randomly going SSJ didn't help much either. Then Goku returned and it became awful with his fake death and stupid board games. Goku's oozaru and SSJ4 transformation were both awesome (even though SSJ4 sucks), but everything after was really bland and boring.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:21 am

GT episode 35

Japanese title: “The Mightiest!! Goku Becomes Super Saiyan 4!!”
English title: “Goku’s Ascension”

When Bulma is firing the Blutz waves at Baby, he wants her to stop in the original, while in the dub he’s asking her to do it. In the dub it looks really weird because the handmotions he’s doing clearly indicate that he doesn’t want to do it.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:21 am

GT episode 36

Japanese title: “An Immortal Monster?! The Ferocious Great Ape Baby”
English title: “The Tuffle Gorilla Attacks”

Dub Goku calls his 10X Kamehameha just Kamehameha.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:45 am

GT episode 37

Japanese title: “Valor!! Baby and Goku’s Double-KO!!”
English title: “Old Kai’s Last Stand”

Dub Kaioshin: This battle has been truly exciting!

Hahaha.

No.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:10 am

GT episode 38

Japanese title: “With Everyone Else’s Power... Super Saiyan 4 Revived”
English title: “Family Bonds”

Goten: How about some fusion?
Trunks: Sure!
Goku: It won’t work.

Neutral

I think this marks the moment where GT officially became Goku Time.

Goku calls Uub Majuub even though he never heard that name before.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:10 am

GT episode 39

Japanese title: “This is the End! Baby Eradicated At Last”
English title: “Baby Put To Rest”

Dub Goku: Light breaks the darkness! This form is my instrument. I have no limits. Your day in the sun has run its course. It ends here, like it was always meant to be!

I AM THE HOPE OF THE UNIVERSE!! THE LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS!!!

Dub Goku: I am the answer, the answer to all that is evil!

THE ANSWER TO ALL LIVING THINGS THAT CRY OUT FOR PEACE!!! ALLY TO GOOD, NIGHTMARE TO YOU!!!!

Baby escaped from Vegeta’s regressing body because his own was too big for it, now that it was the size of an oozaru. In the dub it’s because Vegeta had lost all of his power.

Dub Goku defeated Baby without using a 10X Kamehameha once. In the original he used about 4.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:35 am

GT episode 40

Japanese title: “Earth Explodes!! Piccolo’s Momentous Decision”
English title: “Piccolo’s Decision”

I don’t know if FUNi already started dubbing YYH at this point in time, but in this episode a Kuwabara lookalike appears and Sabat voices him exactly the same as the real Kuwabara.

Just before Piccolo dies he screams out Gohan’s name. In the dub, however, we just hear regular Sabat grunts.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:02 pm

GT episode 41

Japanese title: “Tenkaichi Tournament Who Will Be Satan’s Successor”
English title: “Curtain Call”

The dub doesn’t explain that Uub entered under a disguise because he gets nervous in
crowded places.

Satan in the dub says that he can now truly retire. In the original he says he isn’t retiring after
all.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:44 pm

GT episode 42

Japanese title: “Die, Goku!! Mighty Enemies Return From Hell”
English title: “A Dangerous Union”

Again, the cyborgs/androids were former humans are gone. #17 was originally mad that Gero rebuilt him, but in the dub he’s a robot with malfunctioning human emotions.

Dub Goku: So this is Hell, huh? Looks pretty much the same as last time I was here.

Uhhh... no it doesn’t. Not even a little. Which Goku acknowledges in the original by saying that things sure have changed since he fell down last time.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:47 pm

GT episode 43

Japanese title: “Demon Warriors of Hell! Cell & Freeza Revived”
English title: “The Resurrection of Cell and Freeza”

Dub Freeza calls his slicing attacks Destructo Discs. Yes, even though they’re stated as two different techniques.

Cell and Freeza’s attack is originally called Hells Buster, but is changed to Almighty Lightgate.

Original #17 says that he and #18 are twins. In the dub they are “best buddies”. To which #18 answers “We are friends... forever...”.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 3:15 pm

GT episode 44

Japanese title: “The Ultimate Artificial Human! The Two No. 17s Unite”
English title: “17 Times 2”

Dub #17 says they were built by Gero. Original #17 says they were reconstructed by Gero.

Dub Krillin: You resented Gero so much because he gave you human emotions!

Dub Vegeta says that #17’s powerlevel is a lot lower than his, while original vegeta says that they’re evenly matched.

It’s weird that the dub uses Hell, but shys away from using Heaven.

Unrelated: SSJ Gohan is at one point drawn with his Buu saga hairstyle.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 3:42 pm

GT episode 45

Japanese title: “Hurry, Goku!! A Grand Strategy For Escaping From Hell”
English title: “Piccolo’s Best Bet”

Aw. Nothing to say.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 4:31 pm

GT episode 46

Japanese title: “Clash! Super Saiyan 4 vs. Super No. 17”
English title: “Raising the Stakes”

Even now that the 10X Kamehameha is red, the dub still doesn’t call it by its correct name.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 4:58 pm

GT episode 47

Japanese title: “A Great Reversal! Goku and No. 18’s Two-Stage Attack Erupts!”
English title: “The Greatest Surprise”

Dub Goku: I should thank you, but I wish we were both in the next dimension.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

The Ryuken is called Super Dragon Fist, which is inconsistent with movie 13 where the attack is called Dragon Fire (god knows why, because movie 13 was dubbed after GT and Budokai 3 where it wa correctly translated).

And look at that, #17 and #18 are twins again in the dub.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:27 pm

GT episode 48

Japanese title: “This is a Surprise! Shen Long Becomes the Enemy?!”
English title: “The Shadow Dragons”

Gohan: Wait a second dad. I’m coming with you.
Goku: No, I’ll handle this myself.
Gohan: No, dad...
Goku: You saw me a sa Super Saiyan 4, right? If that doesn’t do it, then nothing will!

Neutral Neutral Neutral

But guess who can come along later on? OH YEAH PAN OF COURSE. BECAUSE EVERYONE LOVES PAN, AMIRITE?

Haze Shenron is originally called Ryan Shin Long.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:08 pm

GT episode 49

Japanese title: “The Mightiest of Foes!? The Dragon Who Uses a Horrible Dirty Trick”
English title: “The Two-Star Dragon”

Meh.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:34 pm

GT episode 50

Japanese title: “Saiya Power Beaten?! The Electrical Beast Wu Xing Long”
English title: “The Five-Star Dragon”

Rage Shenlong = Wu Xing Long.

That’s all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!   Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaio's great GT sub/dub comparison!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next