Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)

Go down 
+14
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Charlie Sheen
brandon
Kaede
Dark Omega
Zero
Fran
Superbuu3
Baal
Kimarous
Golden Boy
Kaio
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:31 pm

DBZ episode 217

Japanese title: “A Tragic Videl!! Are You Coming Out, Angry Super Gohan?”
English title: “Videl is Crushed”

Again, nothing.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:31 pm

DBZ episode 218

Japanese title: “Exposed! The Saiyaman is Son Gohan!”
English title: “Identities Revealed”

BLAH
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

DBZ episode 219

Japanese title: “A Slithering Conspiracy! Gohan’s Power is Stolen”
English title: “Energy Drain”

>_>
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

To be continued in 2009
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:30 pm

Roronoa Kaio wrote:
DBZ episode 211

Japanese title: “It’s My Turn! Goten’s Anxious First Fight”
English title: “Goten vs. Trunks”

The Announcer: It looks like David and Goliath!

Christianity in Dragon Ball = Fail.

that seems dumb considering there the sam size Facepalm
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:39 pm

Roronoa Kaio wrote:
DBZ episode 205

Japanese title: “Goku Returning to Life!? Entry into the Tenkaichi Tournament”
English title: “I’ll Fight Too!

Toei plothole: General Red is a movie director, while he was killed by Assistant Black. Talking about Black, he’s the director’s assistant. >_>
I don't think that's a plothole so much as an in-joke or tribute. I doubt they are the actual Red and Black so much as lookalikes.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:26 pm

AWesome!
Back to top Go down
D_Winds
Deck Hand
D_Winds

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 2:48 pm

Roronoa Kaio wrote:
DBZ episode 214

Japanese title: “Event Match-ups Decided!! Let’s Hurry and Hold the First Round”
English title: “Who Will Fight Who?

Videl: Cool! Number 15!

Except that your ball says FIVE, your Japanese counterpart says FIVE and that you play in the THIRD match. U DA SMART FUNI. It’s mistakes like this that make me question John Burgmeir’s competence. Why make such a stupid and blatantly wrong line? Why not just look at the JAPANESE SCRIPT?! Or does fifteen sound cooler than five or something? >_>

Killa’s accent is just straight-up racism. His accent is so thick he’s not even understandable! And he’s voiced by the same guy who voiced Perfect Cell. My respect for him is gone.

Similar to how a 9000 is better than an 8000.
Back to top Go down
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 3:35 pm

Roronoa Kaio wrote:
To be continued in 2009
FFFFFFFFFaggot
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:14 am

Kimarous wrote:
Roronoa Kaio wrote:
DBZ episode 205

Japanese title: “Goku Returning to Life!? Entry into the Tenkaichi Tournament”
English title: “I’ll Fight Too!

Toei plothole: General Red is a movie director, while he was killed by Assistant Black. Talking about Black, he’s the director’s assistant. >_>
I don't think that's a plothole so much as an in-joke or tribute. I doubt they are the actual Red and Black so much as lookalikes.

Probably not even a joke, Toei always re-uses character designs in filler and stuff. How many times have we seen that dealer from DB who tried to keep Goku from fighting in the tournament now? XD
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:16 am

Ah, well.

Reminds me of SSJ Broly being a spectator during the Otherworld Tournament.
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:40 pm

Roronoa Kaio wrote:

Japanese Trunks: I have come to kill you.
English Trunks: Ah, so you must be Frieza...

I’m not writing this one down because I think it’s a horrible dubline, I’m writing this down because John Burgmeir, the scriptwriter, called the subline here a prime example of the corny dialogue that is splattered around throughout all of the original DBZ. And he made it his job to cool everything up like this little line here.

On a sidenote Burgmeir also said he wanted his mother to have the coolest lines in all of the series. His mother plays Freeza. Yep.

This guy needs to be beaten, raped, and then put to the test by Jigsaw. Maybe throw some rabid cat in there too.

I liked season 1 and most of season 2. I wish it didn't revert to the old dub. Ruined season 3 for me, which I bought anyway just to complete the Freeza saga. I still don't know why they stuck to so many of the Ocean dub's lines in the old script, especially after the dub switched in season 2. I hear it's because Schemmel left so if they couldn't redub Goku, so I guess they figured they wouldn't bother. At least they redubbed Vegeta, Gohan, and Krillin until the end of season 3, but I wish they didn't stick so hard to the old script. Of course, if they didn't do it because they didn't want to, they suck harder than John Burgmeir's mom.
Back to top Go down
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:07 pm

STOP TEARING OUR FAMILY APART
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:21 am

Most recent picture of Burgmeir:

Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Saiyaman1

Saw 8. Burgmeir would be in this rusted corridor and he'd hear the voice of Freeza. "Oh look at those balls. I want to caress them". He'd open the door where the voice is coming from and he'd see the head of Linda Young, with her mouth moving to the Freeza voice. "I think I broke a nail".

Jigsaw: I want to play a game.
Burgmeir: YOU SICK FUCK
Jigsaw: By changing the script of Dragonball Z, you satisfied your own selfish desires, leaving innocent people subject to that horrid script. The people you were supposed to satisfy were left by the way side as you sat in your chair, satisfying yourself... as you wrote those horrible lines. "Cat loves food! Yeah yeah yeah!" Really? I mean seriously? You thought that was cool?
Burmeir: AHHHH!
Jigsaw: Your friend, Chris Sabat, is in the next room. He's relatively fine, except for that key I embedded in his brain. If you want to get out alive, take this soup spoon and find the key. You have ten minutes before you both die.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:24 am

...awesome.

The scripts Burgmeir does now (One Piece being the most recent) are very accurate, but that's probably because he'll be fired instantly if he does just one bad line. Which is why the new Funi is coolio.
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:17 pm

It's too bad DBZ had to take a few punches before he decided to play it straight but at least he isn't raping other anime out there.
Back to top Go down
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:28 pm

Rockin' wrote:
Most recent picture of Burgmeir:

Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Saiyaman1

goddammit my BRAAAAAAAAIN
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Eeek!
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:47 pm

DBZ episode 220

Japanese title: “The Man Behind the Curtains Appears!! The Evil Madoshi Babidi”
English title: “The Wizard’s Curse”

Japanese Videl: Don’t die, Gohan-kun. If you come back safely, I want to date you and stuff.
English Videl: You better come back… because I’m not finished with you yet, Gohan!

Japanese Videl is a little less.... subtle in talking about her plans.

It’s suddenly right to call Dabura a demon from the demon realm, yet Piccolo Daimao’s origins were always left rather vague and he was never called a demon. What’s up with that? Hell, even in this very episode Kuririn calls Piccolo a former demon clansman, yet the dub just has Krillin say that he used to be bad.

And I forgot, have I already touched upon Sharpner's changed voice? He was voiced by Chris Sabat (surrrrrprise!) when he was introduced, yet he's voiced now by Duncan Brannan.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:17 pm

DBZ episode 221

Japanese title: “The Awaiting Trap! A Challenge From the Demon Realm”
English title: “King of the Demons”

You know the line about Dabura talking about the three strongest powers and all that? Yeah, FUNi almost translated that literally.

And talking about Dabura, his dub voice is amazing. So when I went to check who he was voiced by in the credits I found out that his his VA is... Laura Bailey? What?

Nice, FUNi. Very nice. His actual VA is Rick Robertson according to the credits from the previous episode.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:55 pm

DBZ episode 222

Japanese title: “Don’t Toy With Me!! Vegeta’s Breakthrough First Strike of Fury”
English title: “Vegeta Attacks”

Puipui’s homeplanet in the original is Zun and the dub it’s Voon.

Mr. Satan is called Hercule in this episode. I want my money back.

Japanese Goku: Well, even supposing that wasn’t his real power, a little while ago, we would have thought him a terrifying foe. Seven years ago, there was this guy named Cell. He probably has the same strength as him.
English Goku: Dabura’s not that tough! If it was a few years ago we might be afraid of him. About seven years ago we fought this guy named Cell. Now that was tough!

Another line that has already been debated to hell based on the manga alone. The dub here clearly says that Cell is stronger than Dabura.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:23 pm

DBZ episode 223

Japanese title: “Goku’s Power Wide Open!! Blow Away Yakon”
English title: “Next Up, Goku”

Yakon’s planet actually has a name in the original; Ankoku.

Japanese Vegeta: So that rotten Kakarrot has indeed overcome the wall as well... the Super Saiyan wall... during those seven years in the Other World...
English Vegeta: It’s obvious now what Kakarot has gained in these seven years of training...he’s found a way to push his limits as a Super Saiyan even further!

Dub Vegeta makes it look as if Goku just strengthened his SSJ form, instead of actually attaining a completely different form.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Rabitz wrote:
DBZ episode 221

You know the line about Dabura talking about the three strongest powers and all that? Yeah, FUNi almost translated that literally.

And talking about Dabura, his dub voice is amazing. So when I went to check who he was voiced by in the credits I found out that his his VA is... Laura Bailey? What?

Nice, FUNi. Very nice. His actual VA is Rick Robertson according to the credits from the previous episode.

A woman voiced Dabura?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

DBZ episode 225

Japanese title: “Such Strong Kids!! No. 18’s Close Fight!?”
English title: “Eighteen Unmasks”

Again, nothing.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:07 pm

Kaede wrote:
Rabitz wrote:
DBZ episode 221

A woman voiced Dabura?

No, it's a screw-up in the credits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)
Page 15 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next