Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)

Go down 
+14
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Charlie Sheen
brandon
Kaede
Dark Omega
Zero
Fran
Superbuu3
Baal
Kimarous
Golden Boy
Kaio
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Scratchin' Bastard

Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:02 am

200 get

Sarbud wrote:
moar
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Nice job!
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:33 pm

DBZ episode 126

Japanese title: “Murderers Who Leave No Trace, Which Ones Are the Artificial Humans?”
English title: “The Androids Appear”

#19’s voice to the android saga is what Freeza’s voice was to the Namek saga: complete crap. Actually #19’s voice is more horrible, because at least Freeza sounded menacing, while #19 sounds like less a threat than Chaozu. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:33 pm

DBZ episode 127

Japanese title: “The Cold-Blooded No. 20’s Hideous Atrocities!! Goku’s Super Transformation of Anger”
English title: “A Handy Trick”

=/

Handy trick?

LOL I GET IT NOW THIS IS GOOD STUFF.

=\

Last edited by Roronoa Kaio on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

DBZ episode 128

Japanese title: “Goku’s Double-Shock!! Caught Between Illness and Adversary”
English title: “Double Trouble for Goku”

Gohan: Way to go, dad!

Sounds like a normal line, right. Well there’s just one small problem. GOHAN IS STILL FLYING TOWARDS THE BATTLEFIELD, SO HOW IN THE HELL CAN HE MAKE COMMMENTS LIKE THIS?!

That’s just really, really pathetic.

In a flashback Roshi calls General Tao the mastermind behind all the military operations of the RRA, who wants to rule the world.

Commander Red is voiced by a woman trying to be a guy in the flashback. I’ve heard fandubs do a more convincing job.

Roshi: So Goku did what he usually does when he’s out of options. He used his head.

Extremely questionable line.

Dr. Gero is called the mastermind behind the RRA. Yeah, I know.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 9:30 pm

DBZ episode 129

Japanese title: The Might of Vegeta!! The Blood of a Super Saiyan Awakens”
English title: “Upgrade to Super Saiyan”

Another really stupid change. In the original Piccolo lets himself get hit by the eye beam, to then sneak up on #19 and save Goku. However Vegeta gets there first and this is why Piccolo gets mad. In the dub however, Piccolo says that the reason he was shot was because Vegeta suddenly appeared and let Piccolo get shot. Or something. The dialogue really makes no sense at all.

Okay, Vegeta’s SSJ transformation is better in the dub that it is in the original. Much better actually. But then this happens immediately after:

Gohan: You know who joined the super saiyan club?!

>_>

Throughout all of Vegeta’s flashback he doesn’t talk even once in the original. So him talking about how he became weaker because of his training is just BS.

Then there’s of course the infamous changing of Vegeta’s reasoning for turning into a SSJ:

Original: Vegeta becomes so mad that he reached his limits and that he’ll never surpass Goku that he turns into a SSJ.
Dub: Vegeta stopped caring about everything and turned into a SSJ.

I mean how can you become SO mad at NOT CARING. It makes NO sense AT ALL.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 9:30 pm

DBZ episode 130

Japanese title: “No. 20’s Defiant Smile... The Secret of Doctor Gero”
English title: “The Secret of Dr. Gero”

Japanese Vegeta: It’s Super Vegeta’s Big Bang Attack!
English Vegeta: A little going away present for you! Bwahahahahaha!

Well, it’s quite obvious what’s wrong with this. No need to explain myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:15 am

Roronoa Kaio wrote:
DBZ episode 127

Japanese title: “The Cold-Blooded No. 20’s Hideous Atrocities!! Goku’s Super Transformation of Anger”
English title: “A Handy Trick”

=/

Nothing? No fury for the horrible pun?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:48 am

Oops.

I changed it.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:04 pm

DBZ episode 131

Japanese title: “A Reality More Terrifying Than the Future?! Trunks’ Suspicions”
English title: “More Androids?!”

Krillin: I bet he’s as strong as a super saiyan!

One of those lines that dubbies use in a debate. What Krillin actually says is “He’s not even a super saiyan!

Dub Piccolo morals #20 that being evil is really mean and that you should be good instead (not those exact words >_>) Original Piccolo talked about how the powers of the androids work there. But how lame is it to have one of the biggest badasses in your show talk about how it is to be good?!
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:05 pm

DBZ episode 132

Japanese title: “Give Chase!!! The Search for Dr. Gero’s Mysterious Laboratory”
English title: “Follow Dr. Gero”

Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:05 pm

DBZ episode 133

Japanese title: “And the Terror Becomes Reality... No. 17 and No. 18 Awaken”
English title: “Nightmare Comes True”

Two acceptable episodes in a row? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!

Am I the only one who saw Farmer get owned again in this ep?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

DBZ episode 134

Japanese title: “Too Late to Do Anything!? The Ultimate Weapons to Kill Goku”
English title: “Goku’s Assassin”

This episode marks the beginning of the “#17 and #18 are cyborgs” cover-up. According to the dub Gero placed “Human Personality Devices” in #17 and #18. Yeah......

The announcer speaks of “bionic brutes” and “mechanical monsters. That is so not lame.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

DBZ episode 135

Japanese title: “Good Looks and Super Power!? No Blind Spot on No. 18”
English title: “Deadly Beauty”

In just 3 minutes after the start of the episode Vegeta has already made FIVE crappy insults that are related to metal. Japanese Vegeta also makes a lot of insults, but at least they’re good and not made every time he opens his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:06 pm

DBZ episode 136

Japanese title: “Nobody is Able to Stop Them... Is This the End of the Z-Warriors?”
English title: “No Match for the Androids”

Boring...
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:06 pm

DBZ episode 137

Japanese title: “Piccolo’s Resolution!! The Last Measure In His Reserve”
English title: “Last Ditch Effort”

More boringness.

I mean this ep had a DB flashback and even that didn’t have crappy lines. Well, except for Sabat’s overacting as Piccolo Daimao that is.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

DBZ episode 138

Japanese title: “Walking Weapons of Mass Destruction!! The Artificial Humans Draw Near Goku”
English title: “Closing In”

In a flashback in this episode Nappa is voiced by... Chris Sabat. >_>

Why does every damn minor character have to have some incredibly annoying Southern accent? It sounds incredibly stupid and completely unneccesary to have all these characters sound like morons.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:07 pm

DBZ episode 139

Japanese title: “An Ominous Foreboding! Bulma Unveils a Mystery”
English title: “Unwelcome Discovery”

In the Japanese version Trunks’s flashback has an awesome insert song to go along with it (Mind Power Ki, look it up on Youtube if you want). Of course in the dub it’s the same goddamn elevator music (thanks Kenshi) playing in the background.

Krillin: Could you try that in English?

Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Emot-f10
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 8:16 pm

E-english? :'(
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:29 pm

Oh and btw guys, I'm out of DVDs now, so it's gonna be a few weeks till I buy the new ones. =/

Maybe I'll buy them somewhere in october, maybe I'll buy them when the 7th set comes out. (11/9)
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:30 pm

UNSTOPPABLE ZOHAN wrote:
200 get

Sarbud wrote:
moar
sorry dude you got 201
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:30 pm

this is great kai
i hope you enjoyed rewatching the series
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:37 pm

Kai, I'm impressed you kept up with all this. I thought you'd get bored and stop just before getting to Freeza.

Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:41 pm

My need to prove Funi's incompetence will drive me to the very end of this series.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:54 pm

Roronoa Kaio wrote:
My need to prove Funi's incompetence will drive me to the very end of this series.

Funi's incompetence doesn't need to be proven; it's plain for all to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)   Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!) - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaio's great DBZ sub/dub comparison! (Completed!)
Page 9 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next