Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resident Evil 6

Go down 
+14
A_Nonny_Moose
Skip
Casa
Old School
Rockstar_Sinistar
Dr. Chocolate
Neo
Superbuu3
Zero
brandon
Eevil-Psycho
Baal
Kaede
Golden Boy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:42 am

I have 150,000 points now. Weird.
Anyway, I unlocked Sherry and she's awesome. Very fast melee that pushes the enemies pretty far, a good handgun, the Lightning Hawk magnum, 1 first aid spray and 2 red herbs. She also has the stunrod which I don't know how useful it is.
I got 300,000 points with her the first time I played her.
Sherry-costume 1 is equally good I believe. Same healing items, but she gets a rifle/grenade launcher and a shotgun. Less clothes too.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:53 am

if you buy the piers color swap let me know if the load out is different too
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:17 am

It's the same unfortunately.

I'm trying to figure which Piers is better.
Default Piers has MP-AF which is decent, Anti-materiel rifle which sucks, 3 remote bombs and a 1 first aid spray.
Costume 1 has the Ammo Box which is also good, semi-auto sniper, shotgun and 4 health tablets. I wish he had a magnum or the grenade launcher for the bosses.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:14 am

Agent Hunt needs a skill point reward. As it is, it's kind of a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:31 am

I shamelessly played that mode only to get a few extra easy medals for the trophy.
I think I've now unlocked all the Mercenaries characters.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:09 pm

A quick look at Mercs' leaderboards indicates that Jake and Chris (default costumes) are the most dominant characters for solo. Sherry (both) and Leon (default) are also popular. I suppose every character could work, but the others have to take advantage of the grenades/bombs and drum cans the stages offer.

Duo seems to have much better character variety.

~~~

So, I looked at the characters' files to see their ages. Some of them surprised me:

Leon: 36
Hunnigan: 33
Helena: 24
Deborah: 20
Simmons: 46
Chris: 39
Piers: 26
Finn: 22
Jake: 20
Sherry: 26 (but looks younger because of the G virus)

Jake's age doesn't make sense. When the hell did he become a pro martial artist, a seasoned mercenary and learnt Chinese, if he's only 20?
Leon, Helena and Simmons also look older.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Are you asking questions about age in RE? I mean, for all we know Jake beat up some guys when he was 10 and was scouted by an instructor or something. It's RE after all.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Yeah, this is one of the reasons I couldn't like his campaign. It was just too ridiculous and unrealistic.

BD wasn't joking about the power of the bomb + coup de grace combo; it kills the fatties in seconds. I have found two bombs in the first stage, which means I can kill them all three with any character if I wait for the second and third to be close.

Now that my whooper problem is solved, I'm wondering which Piers is better for dealing with the waves of Bloodshots. They both use machine guns (but I think Racer's is better because it has more ammo capacity). The main difference is that default gets 3 extra bombs whereas Racer has the shotgun and a useful sniper.
With default Piers I have to use a full clip of his machine gun, a bomb or a counter, with Racer I can use 2 shotgun shots, a 2 sniper + melee combo or a counter.

Oh well, it doesn't really matter. They're both pretty much equal. I'm a character loyalist, so I'm excited that I can get a decent score without having to change to a different character. I didn't like RE5's mercenaries because you had to use Wesker for a high score.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:23 pm

BD can do what jake does and more and he's barely older then him.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Buu, you need to get this game. It's super fun.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Just got a vita, doa5, pirate warriors and a bunch of other stuff so doubt i will just yet

btw if you got orc i got a code for the renegade pack if you want it.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:20 pm

I don't have ORC and I doubt I'll be getting it. I'll play RE6 with you whenever you buy it though.
It's pretty funny how extremely excited I was for RE5 and I ended up getting bored of it within a month, while I wasn't even sure if I should be getting RE6, and I fell in love with it.
Hell, I was so hyped for TTT2 since it was announced and I haven't touched it since I got RE6. This is my second most favourite RE game ever.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:18 am

counter the bloodshots when they lunge or use incendiary if they're in large group both are one shot kills
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:19 am

just ordered the anthology edition, should be here in a few days
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 3:11 am

their is apparently a online difficulty glitch. the client will get credit for clearing a difficulty despite the host choosing a different one. i.e if a client starts a pro run and enters a host set to amateur, the client will still be credited for playing on pro.

i'll have to check with my friend. if this is true, my friend will have normal cleared instead of veteran.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 am

I didn't know incendiary are that effective against bloodshots. Is there anything I should know about grenades and flash grenades too?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:18 am

i got +600k on mines with a 137 combo. not sure if i found all the time extensions, though. first try i had a 120 combo going and, shock shock, a bloodshot ruined my combo.

Piers wrote:
I didn't know incendiary are that effective against bloodshots. Is there anything I should know about grenades and flash grenades too?

flash grenades will set up bloodshots and whoppers for a coup de grace melee. from my experience bloodshots always die from a single coup de grace and you'll be able to get two bloodshots with one flash. i rarely use grenades outside of a group of bloodshots too. it's almost as effective as incendiary except it has a delayed explosion so they have an opportunity to avoid damage.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:15 am

oh wow, sherry ex is awesome in more than one way
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:33 am

I still can't beat the score I got with Sherry the only time I used her. I'm so pissed.
What skills do you recommend for solo and duo?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:46 am

i use pharmacist on solo and medic for duo. i haven't unlocked most of the expensive ones yet
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:55 pm

The invite mechanics for this game are retarded. You can't invite ingame and it has a penchant for hanging in the PSN screen.

Sorry for making you wait, Chou.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:21 am

oh wow, i'm going to hold off beating my urban chaos record for now because this rule is full of shit.

residentevil.net wrote:
Aim for the highest score on the "Urban Chaos (only single player scores will be considered)" stage in "The Mercenaries"! A fantastic reward awaits the highest ranked player. Do you know your way around by now? Please note that only players who break their personal record once the event has started will be considered. Train hard and give it all you've got!

good luck to the people over a million
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:24 am

I seriously doubt I'll ever be the highest ranked player, so I'll continue playing that stage until I get an 150 combo.
I may try the Leon chapter 1 speedrun event though... if I've enough skill points for infinite ammo for the assault rifle. I've finally bought the last skill for the platinum so from now on I'll be buying the skills I want.

I saw a vid of one of the highest ranked Mercs players. He was playing as Jake and after he got all the time bonuses and herbs, he killed everything with counters except for the Justins, gun-wielding and puking zombies, firefighter and armored zombies and dogs. I know that dogs can be killed with one counter too, so I suppose it's just hard. I'm pretty sure he was using the combo bonus+ skill.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:00 am

it's not just the highest ranked player that's rewarded though. everyone that participates gets points based on how high you ranked within the event
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:58 am

Well then, I'll give it a shot. Found the vid I was talking about:

In the meantime I'll collect the skill points for the combo bonus+ and practice those counters.

Edit: Here's another top scorer:

No combo bonus skill, less emphasis on countering, same strategy though.

Edit2: How come the player with the best time got less points?

Edit3: I forgot about the limit breaker skill. Comparing these scores above it looks like you get 200 points for every second remaining and limit breaker adds around 14,000 points. So 1 minute and 10 seconds remaining = the bonus of limit breaker.

Edit4 (and last): I think the first guy was actually using the skill that makes the counters stronger, so he could kill zombies with only one counter. I tested Chris' knife counter and it's not an one-hit-kill either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6
Page 9 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next